The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Anyone else notice this?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Some people that were on GG are now on Heroes. Like the obvious one being Milo Ventimiglia, who plays Peter..and Hiro was the guy from the Harvard class. Then Chris's mom is now Peter's mom. And that one girl who gets powers just by watching something on tv (I totally blanked on her name) was friend's w/Janet at Yale (Paris & Rory talked to them about guys). Sorry if this doesnt make sense..but it was just sometime I noticed. And I wanted to share it with people other than my hubby, lol.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I recognized Milo of course, and Angela Petrelli/Francie Hayden. But I didn't remember the smaller guest spots by Masi and Dana. That's cool. I love that Veronica Mars is now on it. I love Kristen Bell.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah Milo..I could stare at him forever. He is the only reason why I keep watching Heroes.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin | 47 comments That happened with Felicity and Alias as well. I think it's bizarre. I just read that Milo and Hayden Panitierre (sp?) were an item. He used to date Alexis Bledel. Awkward!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Well, Felicity and Alias were both J.J. Abrams shows. GG and Heroes aren't the same producers or creators, so it's a little different. I'm actually surprised that more Felicty/Alias actors haven't shown up on Lost, although Lost started before Alias ended.

Heroes is from some of the creators of Smallville.

message 6: by Jenna (last edited Jan 05, 2008 04:59PM) (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 16 comments I think it was becuase Milo and Alexis dated in real life that Rory did not seem as tense with her relationship with Jesse. They seemed to have more chemistry than Rory's other love interests.

I Know... totally irrelevant to the topic of discussion.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally agree with you. I noticed it too. She looked kinda tense when kissing Dean (Jared padalecki). But when she kissed Jess (Milo) she was way more relaxed and really into it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 05, 2008 06:04PM) (new)

And about Heroes & GG..its probably just coincidence that some of the same people are on Heroes. I mean, actors have to work, right?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Yep, and really, there are only a handful of twenty-something TV actors with name recognition.

message 10: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
Y'all keep saying how tense Rory was kissing Dean. I just watched the first season, and I don't see it. I mean, she was a teenage girl having her first kiss, etc., and it certainly was tense a first because it was supposed to be. But after that, it seemed like she was into it to me. Also, Jess was a more passionate personality, and that inevitably evokes more passion from others - of the good and the bad variety!

Speaking of GG actors in other roles, I just watched the tale end of Under the Tuscan Sun while reading this thread and there was Christopher! I'd forgotten.

message 11: by Alison, the guru of grace (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
I love that movie! I surely did not know Christopher was in it. I do remember Sandra Oh being in it--pre Grey's.

message 12: by Dottie (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments I'd forgotten that, too! I rembered Sandra Oh but forgot about that ending.

message 13: by Erin (new)

Erin | 47 comments Ooh! Christopher is on Private Practice now as well. And he's a cop! So hot in the uniform...God I wish I were Addison!

message 14: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments Wow I thought I was alone in liking Under the Tuscan Sun. Good to know I have company! :) I really should read the book sometime...

Erin, I'd forgotten Chris is in Private Practice - you're right! I'll have to start watching that show more closely.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG YA!! I totally freaked out when I watched Under The Tuscon sun and saw Chris on it!!! LOL!!!

message 16: by Dottie (last edited Jan 08, 2008 08:08PM) (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments Was it a cop or a fireman? I thought it was a fireman because it wastwo fellows and two others who were EMT people. I thought it looked like he was going to be on at least semi-regular -- did you get that impression, too? Or are you saying he's on regularly for sure? Sorry -- confused there.

message 17: by Sarah (last edited Jan 08, 2008 11:05PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Frances, I don't mean to laugh at your typo, but I'm just trying to picture what kind of movie "Under the Tucson Sun" (as in Arizona) would be. Ha! Switch the c and the s and there ya go!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

lmao..well i am from Az.

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I know! I was thinking of that. Too funny.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

glad i can be amusing

message 21: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Two things...

One: I was only on to add a few books I pulled from storage when I read this on my update feed from Sarah commenting in another group forum...

I don't think that Holly wanted to screw anything with an Irish accent.

It had the "...more" option, but I just couldn't do it... it was too funny on it's own.

Two: Heather, don't bother with the book (Under the Tuscan Sun). I have tried for years to get into it - like since it was first out I've had a copy. It's sooo boring that I can never make it. It's nothing like the movie, which was fun and a journey of recovering oneself from the ashes in a unique way. She's not divorced even in the book!

message 22: by Erin (new)

Erin | 47 comments I don't think Chris is going to be a regular, but he and Addison are going to have a thing. He is a cop because he came to help that lady whose husband was his partner who died. He wanted to be there when she delivered her baby.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) LOL, Michele. You'll have to read that in context. Another group was talking about P.S. I Love You and I was responding to someone's comment.

message 24: by Dottie (last edited Jan 09, 2008 11:28AM) (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments About Under the Tuscan Sun -- the book is written after she has been divorced and has met and married again -- the new mate went through the buying the villa and refurbishing it with her.

The film shows her doing this between husbands -- thus the date and the fling with the Italian guy, etc. But I have to say that though slow, the book gives depth to the film -- IMO. Of course I've become a bit of an addict to Mayes writing and to Tuscany and all things related. I have many books on my shelves and just sort of drool over all of the photos and the ideas and the "dreams" of them -- so maybe that accounts for it, but I read the book before seeing the film and before I became obssessed with her books and with Tuscany -type things so maybe not. I'll let y'all decide how seriously to take my opinion -- hee-hee.

message 25: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments yeah I'd heard mixed reviews of the book, that's why I'd been putting it off. Mid-January in Alaska sure has me longing for a little Tuscan Sun anyway though.

message 26: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Okay, Dottie, this is no reflection on you and your opinion, but you guys have GOT to read this review. It's one of the funniest I've ever read! I first read is ages ago, and still remember it! If you do read it, read his comments, too. He's actually not a hard arse!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 27: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments ouch - harsh! that's some intense book hatred there.

ok, Michele, travel guru, what's some good travel writing (fiction and memoirs) you've read? I have a lot of interest in the genre in general but am often disappointed by what I pick up. The last one was the exceedingly mediocre You Can't Get There from Here: A Year on the Fringes of a Shrinking World. Bill Bryson can be amusing at times, but specifically I'm more interested in the journeys of fellow female travelers / escape artists.

message 28: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

The one that comes to mind off the top of my head is Avoiding Prison & Other Noble Vacation Goals by Wendy Dale. She's got my kind of sense of humor, though maybe not always as much of it as me. Fascinating story, though. Slow in places (or maybe that was me!), but I really liked it overall. Her family in certainly one for the books!

I began Tales from a Female Nomad by Rita Golden Gelman and was enjoying it, but then got distracted (you know, life... becoming a moderator... etc.) and decided to leave it for another time.

Then there's my book. Oh yeah, not published yet. Because not (completely) written yet. LOL

Travel guru. Heh-heh. I like that title. I accept your dubbing! Just call me TG. Hee!

Oh! I just noticed you said fiction, too. I'll have to think about that. I just rearranged my shelves (again) so my eyes don't fall as readily on what I'm looking for.

message 29: by Arctic (new)

Arctic | 571 comments Michele - thanks for the recommendations! I've added them to my to-read list. :) Avoiding Prison looks especially interesting.

message 30: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 1 comments Back to the original post, I have noticed the Heroes/ GG crossover, but there are even more characters that cross over besides Jess, Harvard guy (hiro) and Chris' mother. The Rabbi in stars hollow is Matt's father on Heroes and the girl from Chilton who Rory sits next to after the Puffs incident is Gretchen from Heroes, Claire's roommate/lesbian love interest. That's at least 5 people on both shows...weird..