The Scorpio Races The Scorpio Races discussion

Would it make a good movie

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kasey Andrews I think that this book would make a wonderful movie I put it at the top of my favorite books list

message 2: by Vee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vee Gretzinger now way... this book was really boring! there was hardly any dialogue.

Megan I think it would be visually striking if they did. Very interesting to watch.

Kasey Andrews I think there may be something happening about it in 2015 but I am not sure it says Warner bros was reviewing it

message 5: by Vee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vee Gretzinger Megan wrote: "I think it would be visually striking if they did. Very interesting to watch."

true, it was boring to read, but it might be worth watching play out

Lizbeth I would pay good money to see this movie and I know others who would as well. This would be an amazing movie.

Rachel I think it would make a great movie if the hands of a great film maker.

Jasmine if a movie came out for this book, I would definitely see it.
I loved The Scorpio Races

Jessica It was a little boring to read but might be more interesting as a movie

Taryn I loved this book,and would love it as a movie as well but lately it seems filmmakers are getting pretty awful:?

message 11: by Vee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vee Gretzinger Jessica wrote: "It was a little boring to read but might be more interesting as a movie"

^^^ i agree, boring read, but it might be a good watch.

Katharine It's not a book suited to everyone, especially considering it's pacing so I'm not entirely sure it would translate well. If there was a movie I'd be first in line to see it, but I still find it hard to believe they could do it well. There'd have to be a great many changes unfortunately, I'd imagine they'd play up the love story.

message 13: by Vee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vee Gretzinger honestly i feel like there isn't enough dialogue, so you really don't get a chance to know the characters. they didn't really stand out to me. the book was very dry. but the idea was interesting

Andreworlikoff The book moved along a little slowly, but in a movie they wouldn't have enough time to portrey all of it. So I think that this would make a decent movie. It wouldn't be a huge box office hit. But it would have enough action and story to it to make it interesting enough to watch.

American Wolf i love this book it would be a good movie but someparts are probably hard to make into a movie but heck they made twilight a movie

Zhanaestilinski I think, if it were made into a movie, they would have to place more emphasis on the ACTUAL race. I was sort of disappointed that I had invested time into a book about this unique race when it only ended up being a couple of pages.

J.E.S I feel Like if there was a movie, it would either be phenomenal or would crash and burn. If Maggie Stiefvater was one of the writers, I think then the movie would stand a better chance. I'm just afraid that they would go crazy with CGI for the capall uisce.

message 18: by Ajc (last edited Mar 14, 2013 07:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ajc Vee wrote: "Megan wrote: "I think it would be visually striking if they did. Very interesting to watch."

true, it was boring to read, but it might be worth watching play out"

Boring read!?! I actually found it very interesting. Whatever, everyone has different opinions and I still accept yours.
Anyways, I think that this could be made into a very good movie.

Kasey Andrews Same here I thought it was a very interesting book. Sure it had some dull parts but doesn't every book when it was time for the races it turned out to be good in my opinion. Just know it is my OPINION.

message 20: by Kiah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kiah Maybe? I thought it was a really good book, but to make it into a movie they would definitely have to alter it. Some things, like Puck's three "aunts" would have to have more to their character. And, as we all know, when you change too much of a good book it tends to become more of a bad movie.

A book squel would be nice though too. Sean and Puck's relationship was adorable to me. ^_^

message 21: by Kas (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kas I think the book could make a good movie if it included more dialogue between Puck and Sean and their romance would have to be shown more as it is not portrayed very deeply in the book.

message 22: by Kwr (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kwr I think the movie would be good, but it would be difficult to keep the viewer engaged due to the lack of action throughout. In the book, it wasn't bad reading about how Puck and Sean's life unfolded, but in a movie, i think it would just be boring. However, the ending of the movie would be awesome. Seeing the water horses and the action throughout the race would be breath taking!

C.a.c. It think that it would make a great movie. The only thing about it becoming a movie is that "they" (they being whoever creates the movie) would probably change the plot a lot to engage the audience.

C.a.c. I think that this would make a very good movie. The only thing is that the people who create it would probably change the plot around a lot in order to keep audiences engaged.

Kasey Andrews C.a.c. wrote: "I think that this would make a very good movie. The only thing is that the people who create it would probably change the plot around a lot in order to keep audiences engaged."

Yah your right. There would definitely have to be some changes but the book was intriguing

message 26: by Rae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rae Yeah, I think so.

message 27: by Vee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vee Gretzinger Hopefully they will make the movie better than the book, an hopefully add the dialogue that the book seemed to he lacking

Kasey Andrews Ok y'all boring parts EXCLUDED would it make a good movie

message 29: by Inda (new) - rated it 4 stars

Inda Probably wouldn't be very popular. I liked it but I think it would be hard to make as a movie.

Alice You all know its going to be a movie, right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106720/?...

Jasmine Alice wrote: "You all know its going to be a movie, right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106720/?..."

no, i didn't know
but now i do
thank you :)

Hallie Pursel I think it will be interesting to watch it was a little boring to read but on the screen they could probably make it awesome to watch.

Kayla This would make an awesome movie!!!!!! I wonder how they are going to make the killer water horses. That will look cool, especially since I imagine them really evil and stuff *SHIVER*

Renae Alice wrote: "You all know its going to be a movie, right? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106720/?..."

It's hard to tell if it will actually happen though. Hollywood has run out of original ideas so they just keep buying the rights to everything YA, unfortunately.

I think if they added to the actual RACE part, that could be awesome. Drag it out, make it feel more dangerous and scary.
I think it would be awesome to see the Water Horses come alive on screen but as for everything else... I think a lot of liberties would have to be taken to make it more exciting and successful as a film.

Samantha Starcher I think it would make AMAZING movie if the right people made it. And the right actors.

Kayla Michaela wrote: "2015, it is. Or so they say.
This is one of my favourite Stiefvater books, along with Dream Thieves. I think it would be striking on the big screen. Imagine the sound of hooves on sand...."

Is there a specific date? And yes, I am imagining the sound of hooves on sand, pounding away as the waves crash on the shore and the water horses scream for blood MWA HA HA :P :) (I'm just a little bit evil)

Courtney I hope it becomes a movie.

lizzy ✰✰✰ This was a well written visual book with solid characters and one of the most unique plots I've ever read. I think it would make a wonderful movie and I would be so happy if they made it into one. :)

Elise Nicole YES. I would love this to be a movie, but ONLY if they followed the book as closely as possible. I would hate for a film crew to destroy such a perfect and beautiful story. It's worth more than that.

If there's ever a movie, I have dibs on being Puck :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Sandy It could be a good movie if the right people were involved to make it. You don't need a lot of dialogue to make a good movie, there are good movies where you barely any dialogue - Gravity, The Terminal, Cast Away. Or good movies from books that seemed to drag on and on with description - The Lord of the Rings.

I hope this one does good if it is ever made.

Amelia Hill I absolutely loved this book - I am currently re-reading it for the third time - and I would love to see it as a movie.