Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Nook 1st Ed - Battery Problems

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) Hey everyone,

I have a question about replacing the battery in my B&N Nook 1st Edition. As I've had it for almost 2 years the battery life is dying off. I have tried 2 times to order a replacement battery and both times failed.

Since B&N does not sell them anymore (grr) I've ordered from a battery company on Amazon/Ebay. The first time I tried to put in the new battery and nothing happened, so I got a refund from the company for a faulty battery, but no explanation.

The second time, I put the battery in and nothing happened but the yellow charge light came on so I thought okay just need to charge. After letting it charge OVERNIGHT (so clearly the 4 required hours and more), I tried to turn on my Nook and nothing happened. I tried taking out the battery + reset thing a couple times. Now the charge light won't even come on. I've emailed this company asking for help getting it to work.

It just makes no sense, it's exactly the same model battery as the original B&N one.

Has anyone had any problems/experience with this? I'm at a loss and don't want to have to buy a new Nook just for the battery??

Thanks,
Rebecca

message 2: by Joyce (last edited Dec 20, 2012 05:56PM) (new)

Joyce (eternity21) | 81 comments I too have a dead battery and cannot seem to find one that works. If you do please let me know. I do have a newer nook but I like the old one. plus it has free connection in it to the store

message 3: by Jean (new)

Jean French (jfrench55) | 82 comments You may want to see if you can get something towards a new Nook. I prefer my Simple Touch Glow to my first Nook (I don't know what generation it is). The only drawback is that my first Nook had 3G so I didn't need wifi. Otherwise, my Nook STG is lighter, has a real long battery life (a little over a week for vacation reading & over a month for bedtime reading) and lights up so no clip on light needed.

message 4: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
I suggest asking your question in the B&N forums, they have very knowledgable people there.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) | 167 comments I think you have to send it back to B&N to change the battery.

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 360 comments Sorry you are having troubles with your 1st generation Nook, I am still using mine with no issues. I would talk to B&N directly about it, as a norm they are very helpful.