Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Grace (new)

Grace (bookworm478) | 271 comments Mod
Let's read on!

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (bookworm478) | 271 comments Mod
go ahead and rp cause' now there a librarian! YAY!!:P

message 3: by Wʀɛռ (last edited Jan 03, 2013 08:05PM) (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Jacqueline lay her head on a table. People didn't come to the library often because there was no reason too unless the potions teacher assigned homework. "This is pointless." She muttered to herself and pushed her glasses up to keep them from falling off.

message 4: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Jacqueline walked up and down the aisles like she usually did when she was bored, looking for another book to take with her and read. She always reminded herself of princesses in fairy tales, except she was rather geeky and didn't have a prince. She picked her favorite book off the shelf, "The Princess Bride." She said reading the title to out loud. She opened the book and all self doubts disappeared as she became engrossed in the story.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Letty walked into the Library and instantly found the Section all about Cars and Car Mechanics, she smiled and sat down and started reading all about it.

message 6: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Jacqueline looked up at Letty, she was at a slow part in her book and found herself easily distracted. Cars huh? She thought to herself and pushed her glasses up her nose.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Letty easily flipped through the pages and found a Dodge Charger and smiled happily, It was her favorite kind of car.

message 8: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Do you want to check that out?" Jacqueline asked the girl while pointing at the book she was holding. She readjusted her glasses while waiting for and answer.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Letty looked at her and nodded and picked up the other books she'd chosen, Two were all about Engines and how to Modify them, one was about all the different makes and models of Cars, and one was about car racing.

message 10: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Uh,I can do that for you. I guess I'm the librarian and all..." She led Letty over to the desk. "Can I have your library card?"

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Letty took her library card out and handed it to her. "I'm a Student teacher for Advanced Auto Mechanics Class" She said with a small smile.

message 12: by Jasmine | ModernScrolls (last edited Jan 05, 2013 08:15AM) (new)

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jace strolled into the library and started walking through the aisles, trying to appear as though he was looking at the books. Honestly, the library was usually the last place he would go - he wasn't into reading. That didn't mean he was an idiot of course, his reading comprehension level was high, he just didn't feel like sitting down and reading something for fun. Not usually anyway, there were always those few times he found a book that actually interested him.

message 13: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Sounds like a great opportunity." Jacqueline replied with a smile. She took her library card and checked out the books for her. After she finished with that she saw Jace. "Can I help you?" She was suspicious of him, last week someone had covered all of the book on the shelves with glue, ruining most of them. She was lucky that most of the library's stock was in the back room and didn't meet the same fate. She hadn't seen him here before so Jacqueline was worried he might try something like that.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Huh?" Jace asked, turning to Jacqueline. He flashed her a smile and grinned. "Nope, just wandering around really. Needed a quiet place."

message 15: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Oh. Okay..." Jacqueline made a mental note to keep an eye on him and went back to her book. She cleaned her glasses quickly before picking up where she left off.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) He chuckled and walked over to a table instead - he had a feeling she didn't really trust him. Jace chose a table near the windows. He put his head in his hand and sighed, looking out the window - it was a beautiful day. The sky was a clear blue and there were only a few clouds to be seen, which were a startling white. They looked like cotton balls in the sky. The sun was shining as well, and some of it came through the window, the light falling over Jace. He closed his eyes and smiled, enjoying the warmth of the suns rays and the quiet of the library.

message 17: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Jacqueline just couldn't concentrate on her book. She found herself looking at him out of the corner of her eye. He seemed to like the outdoors, the way he looked out the window. She found herself intrigued and she silently walked over and sat across from him. "Why do you sit in the library instead of out there on the grass?"

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jace opened his eyes slowly and looked over at her, a small smile playing on his lips. It was a good question. "It's quiet in here," he replied simply, curious as to how she would respond.

message 19: by Wʀɛռ (last edited Jan 05, 2013 11:31AM) (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "You choose to isolate yourself from what you love over such a simple matter?" She could tell he didn't enjoy the library, no matter how smart he seemed.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jace turned away from the window completely, now facing Jacqueline. He looked at her curiously for a moment. He certainly hadn't expected an answer like that. She was extremely perceptive, he noted.
"I can honestly say I never thought of it like that," Jace replied, his smile gone as he seemed to be thinking now.

message 21: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Who would?" She ran her thumb along the spine of the book in front of her. "People tend to do things on whim without even realizing it. Why else would you come here? To read a book? T-to see me?" She giggled at the thought. A cute boy whom she'd never met before coming to the library, which he doesn't seem to like, just to see her.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "To see you of course," he responded without even thinking, flashing her a smile. "Why else would I have come?"

message 23: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) She froze. "S-surely you must be joking!" He couldn't be telling the truth, she had never met him before. He couldn't possibly come searching for someone he's never met!

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "That's not why I came this time," Jace said, leaning back in the chair and watching her, "But it'll surely be the reason why I come back tomorrow."

message 25: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) She had to keep herself from blushing, he was quite good at flattery. "Jacqueline." She reached across the table for a handshake and smiled. "Jacqueline Snider." She wasn't sure why she added the last part, it was a bit unnecessary, but she liked how it sounded.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Jace," he responded with a grin, shaking her heand. "Jace Kennedy....wait! I should have done that differently."
He drew back his hand and looked down for a moment. When he looked up his face was completely serious. "Kennedy," he said, as if he were James Bond, "Jace Kennedy."

message 27: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Jacqueline's grin broke into laughter. It was difficult not to laugh at the sight of him. "Don't quit your day job, unless it's acting." She finally got out.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) He chuckled and relaxed once more, grinning again. "Well I've made a pretty girl laugh, my day is now complete."

message 29: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Pretty? No. He couldn't mean... She thought to herself. Was there something wrong with him? She was just a geeky girl that hid behind the books she read. Jacqueline shook her head and decided to play this one out and see where it got her.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jace raised an eyebrow, cocking his head to the side. "Why do you shake your head?" he asked curiously.

message 31: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "I was a bit deep in thought and needed to resurface." She replied. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't exactly the truth either.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Ah, lost in thoughts, eh?" Jace didn't entirely believe it but didn't pry either. "An awful thing to be lost in thoughts sometimes. Wonderful, but awful. It's wonderfully awful," he mused, smirking a bit.

message 33: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "I suppose so, but it's a nice place to be sometimes. Helps keep you from doing stupid things." Jacqueline readjusted her glasses again she made another mental note to get new ones soon.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Letty looked at them and smiled then left the Library with her books.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Along with reminding you of the stupid things you've already done," he murmured, looking out the window again. "I guess it's both good and bad."

message 36: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "We could debate about this all day I suppose, but I've already argued enough for one day." Jacqueline flinched at the memory of her brother storming off to work. She wanted to scream and yell and fight back, but she didn't have the courage to speak up.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jace looked back at her, his face calm but his eyes expressing a little bit of worry and concern. He had no idea what she had argued about earlier, but it didn't look like she was enjoying the thought of it. Had he been talking to anyone else he would've used that to justify his arguement, but he decided to let it drop.
"Then the subject is done. On to the next one," Jace said with a small smile.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Faith walked into the Library with her 3 Year old Amarie, She looked around for a Place to Study and keep an eye on the Young Girl. "Stay close Baby" She said to her daughter.

"Yes Mama" Amarie said with a smile and stay next to her mother as she found a place to Study, not too far away from Jace and Jaqueline.

Faith sat down and opened her Geometry book.

message 39: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Have you ever been ice skating?" She asked finally. Jacqueline wasn't sure where that question came from, but ice skating did look fun.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jace chuckled and nodded his head. "Yes, but only a few times," he responded, briefly glancing over at Faith and Amarie.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Faith read her Geometry book.

Amarie snuck away from Faith's side and through the bookshelves,

Faith knew that Amarie had left her side, But she hadn't left the Library so it was okay, for now.

message 42: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "I've always wanted to try it." Jacqueline looked over and saw Amarie, she remembered she was the girl she'd read the story to earlier.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "You haven't gone before?" he asked, his eyes widening in surprise.

Jane Isles-Rizzoli Amarie saw Jaqueline and waved and snuck over to her. "Hi" She said with a small smile.

"Amarie, don't bug the nice people, they're trying to have a Conversation" Faith said without looking up.

Amarie sat down on a footstool in between her Mother's table and Jacqueline and Jace's table.

message 45: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "No, I've never lived anywhere where it got cold enough to ice skate before." Jacqueline waved at Amarie as she spoke.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) Jace chuckled when he saw Amarie and smiled a bit. "That's a bummer. We'll have to go sometime."

message 47: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "You'll take me?" She asked a bit surprised, last winter she couldn't get her brother to take her so she was excited at the idea.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) "Yeah, sure," Jace said, smiling at Jacqueline. "It'll be fun."

message 49: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Promise?" She held out her pinkie. Jacqueline knew it was childish, but she had enough trust issues to deal with.

Jasmine | ModernScrolls (modernscrolls) He grinned and hooked his pinkie around hers. "I promise, and I can't break a pinkie promise."

« previous 1