Pakistani Readers discussion

54 views
Challenges > Pending book challenge

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The challenge for January is to read at least one book which you've been avoiding for some time. The challenge starts from today to the end of January.

You can keep track of your challenge in the challenge tab or in this thread if you wish.

Happy reading :)


message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome I'm not alone :)

Have to say I'm going to read the English version as I really can't read urdu well at all :p but yay all the same


message 3: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila | 125 comments my challenge for january will be to fininsh those two books i am currently reading and to read atleast one more book, The visible world. The one I bought with no reason and have been avoding for last 2, 3 months, again with no particular reason.
gud luck to all of us:)


message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Shumaila wrote: "my challenge for january will be to fininsh those two books i am currently reading and to read atleast one more book, The visible world. The one I bought with no reason and have been avoding for la..."

That's a great idea. good luck :)


message 5: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila | 125 comments Sairah wrote: "Shumaila wrote: "my challenge for january will be to fininsh those two books i am currently reading and to read atleast one more book, The visible world. The one I bought with no reason and have be..."

Thanks Sairah. I didnot know there is any english translation of Peer.e.Kamil.. hAVE U got one or u are insearch of?


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I found a PDF of the English version online :)


message 7: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila | 125 comments oh gud:) hope u enjoy reading it. Umaira is a very good writer. Her other novels are also worth reading


message 8: by Adeel (new)

Adeel Ahmed (adeelahmd) | 3 comments Will try to read 'war and peace' by Leo Tolstoy, and I'll be glad if I am able to finish it by mid Feb even.


message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Adeel wrote: "Will try to read 'war and peace' by Leo Tolstoy, and I'll be glad if I am able to finish it by mid Feb even."

Sounds like a pretty tough book but has some pretty good ratings so I'm sure you will do fine :) happy reading


message 10: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Khan | 1 comments I have been avoiding "The murder of history" for quite a while now. Will try to finish it off till the end of Jan.


message 11: by Faheem (new)

Faheem  (faheeem) | 1596 comments Mod
@abdullah, so you will be attempting ,The murder of history, by end of Jan. Hmm sound really interesting. :P


message 12: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila | 125 comments finaly i read "The catcher in the Rye". I took so long o finish it but it was a worth reading. now i completed one part of my pending book challenge of january:) but two more books are yet remaining, gud luck to me:)


message 13: by Faheem (new)

Faheem  (faheeem) | 1596 comments Mod
Good with your remaining two books. :)
I think i'll also try to read "One Hundred Years of Solitude" , I've been avoiding it for for long time.


message 14: by Shumaila (new)

Shumaila | 125 comments thanks Faheem. Garcia Marquez!!he is an amazing writer. i am also interested to read this book. the only problem with these books is to find out a proper translation. anyway hope u will enjoy this one:)


message 15: by Owaiz (new)

Owaiz Faheem wrote: "Good with your remaining two books. :)
I think i'll also try to read "One Hundred Years of Solitude" , I've been avoiding it for for long time."


I loved One Hundred Years of Solitude. The ending kind of sucked and the code the books speaks of deciphering was crap. But OHYoS is more like a journey or something you're watching so the crappy ending doesn't really matter. I really liked it and read it slowly, enjoying it every bit.


back to top