Aussie Readers discussion

The Golden Scarab (The Quest #1)
This topic is about The Golden Scarab
Archives > S.W. Lothian - The Quest Series - Action. Adventure. Magic. Mystery.Time Travel

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

S.W. (swlothian) I am the author of the 'awsomostest' exciting Middle Grade series "The Quest Series".

If you put Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Indiana Jones & Matthew Reilly into a blender and set it to high speed, you would get The Quest Series.

Just in case you would like to know more about me or my books here are a couple of links.

Goodreads: S.W. Lothian S.W. Lothian
Blog: http://swlothian.wordpress.com/

S.W. (swlothian) The Golden Scarab (The Quest Series, #1) by S.W. Lothian
The Golden Scarab is the first book of The Quest Series.

This book introduces readers to three new heroes that are sure to become favourites with MG readers.

JJ, is a 12 year old living a normal happy life, until one day he visits his father's museum and his life is turned updside down. Along with his best friend, Linc, and new friend Rani, they are catapulted back in time to ancient Egypt.

The three of them must embark on a quest that is full of heart-pumping excitement and mystery. There is a great mix of humour, action, adventure and magic as they race against time to preserve the peace. Danger is never far behind as a nasty army of Uberdiles (living statues), controlled by a power hungry God, pursue and try to stop them.

You'll be amazed at the traps and ambushes they must overcome, as they search for the magical Golden Scarab. It's the only thing that can ensure the peace of Egypt isn't shattered.

If they don't succeed, it spells disaster for ancient and modern Egypt.

S.W. (swlothian) The Cursed Nile (The Quest Series - Book 2) by S.W. Lothian
The Cursed Nile is the second book in The Quest Series.

This adventure picks up a short while after edge-of-your-seat action of The Golden Scarab. Our three heroes, JJ, Linc and Rani are called on, by Horus (King of the Gods), to return to ancient Egypt.

There has been a mysterious event that has emptied the Nile of it's precious water. To make matters worse, the Nile God (Hapi), has also mysteriously disappeared. New and old friends join this dangerous quest that sees the gang in a race against the flow of time.

Danger lurks at every turn as they try to solve the mystery and battle against those who want to see them fail. As time flows by it is running out fast. If they fail it will change history - if they succeed it will preserve it.

'The Cursed Nile’ is an epic battle where the past has the power to change the future, and the future has the power to change the past. Which one will triumph?

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 70486 comments Mod
I'm really keen the read The Cursed Nile Steve:)

message 5: by James (new)

James Loftus | 134 comments On time travel, the film, Primer, must be the best low-budget, ever made, and best, film on time travel ever made. Worth a look! And, good luck on what sounds like a wonderful book. I love time travel. I just don't seem to have the time for it. Sorry, about the joke. I'll check out your book out Steve.