Heft Heft discussion

An exceptonal book - a no regrets spending the time reading book.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Salisbury I loved this book from start to finish. I listened to the audio version and the two narrators were both very skilled - infused the content with subtle and pitch perfect emotional tone. If you like audio, you'll likely love this one.

Liz Moore has an amazing ability to take what would stereotypically seem like several unlikable characters and make you care very much about what happens in each of their lives. Her treatment of all of her many characters is always compassionate, always rich, always faithful to who they are. Hope others learn of this book - I will certainly keep it among my best ever books.

Sue Salisbury Hawaii

Tania Themmen I miss Arthur!

Ellie Contursi This was a fantastic read. I loved the characters and felt it was so well written. I wasn't expecting to get to know the son (forget his name) and really enjoyed hearing his voice too. Great book!!

Sher Marie One of my personal faves. Great characters, and even better writing. Its worth the time to read and enjoy.

Rebecca Garcia loved this book and yes, miss Arthur! such a great novel..one of my favorites...beautifully written

Christopher Bond I loved this book, and actually was thinking about it gain and came back to read new reviews and mine own. Can anyone recommend any other books where the main character is agorphobic or a shut-in? Excellent narration on the audiobook. I both read and listened to the book.

message 7: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo Weston It was outstanding, I thought it was heartfelt and sad, but also uplifting too in some ways. So well written. More please Ms Moore!

message 8: by Rob (new)

Rob Santana Sue wrote: "I loved this book from start to finish. I listened to the audio version and the two narrators were both very skilled - infused the content with subtle and pitch perfect emotional tone. If you like ..."

Well-written crit, Sue. (I love the book cover)

message 9: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Salisbury Thanks Rob,

I just listened to the audio version of Moore's newest book, The Unseen World: A Novel, and if you liked Heft, you may appreciate this book, too. Moore has a knack for creating memorable characters.