Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > New book is up, but won't recognize me as the author

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Martin | 6 comments I have an author account, but my new book, Gargoyle ISBN- 1938257464 ASIN- B009Z641KA won't let me add it to my profile. Can you help?

Also I need another book, Spirit Tracks, added to Goodreads and my author profile as well- ASIN B00A4SGH5A. Thank you so much!

message 2: by Amy (last edited Dec 19, 2012 12:22PM) (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 76 comments Gargoyle is done.
Edit: Still can't find Spirit Tracks, it was easy to see Gargoyle.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments You are Shelley^^Martin when adding books make sure there are two spaces between your names

message 4: by Amy (last edited Dec 19, 2012 12:31PM) (new)

Amy (amy_bookworm) | 76 comments Yes, Paula I thought it was two spaces in between! I see you added Spirit Tracks... Added publisher- thanks to your blog :) Hope it helped.

message 5: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Martin | 6 comments OHMIGOSH! Thank you lightning fast awesome people!!! Okay, so 2 spaces. Got it :D

message 6: by Kelli (last edited Dec 19, 2012 12:48PM) (new)

Kelli Evans (goodreadscomKelli_Evans) | 2 comments I'm having the exact same problem. Tried adding Just Her Luck (Whisper Hollow Book 2)ISBN: 978-1-93176-121-5
but it won't recognize me as the author although I am.;)

message 7: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments That's because you are Kelli^^Evans, where ^=space. You have to have both spaces between your first and last name else it won't show up on your profile. I've moved your book over and created the series.

message 8: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Evans (goodreadscomKelli_Evans) | 2 comments Okay. Thank you very much.

message 9: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Martin | 6 comments Does everyone have two spaces, or is it only us lucky few? :)

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42000 comments Mod
If there is only one author by that name in the database, just one space. If there are two, one has one space and one has 2. If there are 16 authors with the same name, then one has 1, and one has 2, and one has 3 . . . and one has 16.