Book Haven discussion

General > need direction

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Corey (new)

Corey | 4 comments ive read 3 boks in two weeks now i cant find anything that seems as good as what i read. a dogs purpose, the fault in our stars, and the hate list, help please???:-(

message 2: by Leonard (new)

Leonard (leonardseet) | 13 comments Corey,

You can check out the lists in listopia. And though the lists aren't decisive on good or bad books, they can provide starting point. You can look into the genres that match the books you read. There are other lists outside of Good Reads also. One that I like is Novel 100. You can check out the link below. Of course, any list will include the biases of those who voted on it. Hope it helps.

http://www.adherents.com/people/100_n...

message 3: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) The only thing I can think of is to read more books. I don't know of anyone who has the same opinion on one book as someone else. My suggestion would be to check out lists, like Leonard said, and find out what you like. Then read lots of it! You'll find genres and authors you like, and then it'll be simple. :) Good luck!

message 4: by Brian (new)

Brian Benson (bknight47) | 1015 comments grab December Dread by Jess Lourey. I just finished it yesterday and loved it...B

message 5: by Corey (new)

Corey | 4 comments thanks for the advice guys , i just started reading gone girl that i got one of those list not bad thanks

message 6: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) No problem. Glad you found something. :)

message 7: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (Lieder) | 1 comments I highly recommend The Realm of the Lost by Emma Eden Ramos The Realm of the Lost by Emma Eden Ramos . It's a novella that sucks you in immediately. You will not want it to end!

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (heidiangell) | 211 comments If you like Epic Fantasy, try Angels & Warriors: The AwakeningIt was very enjoyable!