Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Fantasy > How to do a free promotion at Amazon KDP?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marília (new)

Marília Bonelli | 51 comments Hi, everyone!
I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place, I'm new to this group...

I have a book on KDP select (Grace), and I wanted to use the free downloading days promotion, but I'm not sure how to market that.
Anyone have some experience or suggestions?

Also, one of my concerns is I only ever saw it with the previewer thinguie and I don't know anyone who owns a kindle to tell me that I formatted everything properly.
I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me out with that.

Thanks!

Marília

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Hill (martinroyhill) | 47 comments I did a couple free days about a month and half ago. In KDP, select your the days you want for the free downloads. I read Thursday and Fridays are the best days. Choose dates at least two weeks away. Then start posting information about your free days on every website you can find that promotes free e-books, such as Freebooksy.com. Promote it here on GR, as well.

I had nearly 500 downloads on my first free days. Unfortunately, I have only had a response from one of those readers. (Said she could put it down. Yea!) I'm going to schedule another three days after New Years to see if I do any better.

message 3: by Lady (new)

Lady (bestnewfantasyseries) | 78 comments Here is a list I use. You need about 2 weeks before promo, to tell them when your book will be having it's 'free' days, but these sites and facebook pages are really responsive. I had close to 2,000 downloaded in one day, by posting on a bunch of these sites.

http://www.rachelleayala.com/p/promo-...

Good luck!
Deb

message 4: by Marília (new)

Marília Bonelli | 51 comments Thanks! I wanted to try and get it done before Jan 12... So I'm kinda behind, already, right? hehe

message 5: by Leonardo (new)

Leonardo Noto (leonardonoto) | 38 comments Thank you, Lady. That list was extremely helpful!

message 6: by Marília (new)

Marília Bonelli | 51 comments Hehe, I divided the days into Dec 27-28 and Jan 10-12.

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-ebook/dp/...

Thanks for the help and the lists!

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken Consaul | 180 comments I used the link in post#3 and doubled my best day of free downloads and I only did about a dozen announcements.

For those who have done the KDP promos, what do you think is the best day of the week?

message 8: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Holloway | 393 comments I wish I could figure this out. Weekends don't seem to be the best times and I don't understand why. I have enought books that I was giving away one each Tuesday and that worked for awhile but then it quit working. I'm thinking about trying Thursdays!