This topic is about The Last Princess
Group Book Of The Month > The Last Princess - December BOTM Discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Discuss the book here!

The question to think about is:

Does the heroine make the right choices when faced with decisions - and what does she base her decisions on?

:D

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments That's a very difficult question. I think that she makes the best choices she can given her situation. I can understand her decisions and why she does them. A lot of her decisions are based off of her want for revenge, which is understandable. So, yes, I do think that she makes the right decision when given her "options."

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Olivia wrote: "That's a very difficult question. I think that she makes the best choices she can given her situation. I can understand her decisions and why she does them. A lot of her decisions are based off of ..."

True :)

I think its hard to always make the 'right' decision, right? I mean, at the time, with all the pressures and the fact you are IN the moment...it makes it hard to have any foresight and to sift through all the possible consequences.

And yet, I think that you, Olivia, addressed the other part of the issue - is it the right decision if it's fuelled by the wrong things? I mean, revenge in her situation isn't entirely bad, but it's not the best thing to fuel her decisions. It probably clouds her thought process and makes her more likely to side with certain decisions. The decision itself may be right, but the way she goes about it - or the motive behind it - might not be.

Thanks for your answer!!

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Booknut wrote: "Olivia wrote: "That's a very difficult question. I think that she makes the best choices she can given her situation. I can understand her decisions and why she does them. A lot of her decisions ar..."

I agree. And I think it's hard to tell if you do make the "right" decision until after it's been done. You can sift through some possible outcomes but could never sift through them all.

I agree with you here as well. Revenge is typically given bad connotations but here I think she's completely justified. Her wanting revenge is understandable, I mean her whole family is either gone or going to be gone. I think revenge can be bad if it gets out of control but I feel like she has a strong hold over it and knows exactly what she wants to do. In this case, revenge is a motivator but not exactly a bad one.

Welcome:)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Under her circumstances I think she made pretty good decisions and choices but at the same time some of those choices just had bad outcomes. I also agree with Olivia when she says 'it's hard to tell if you do make the "right" decision until after it's been done'.
You can go through all the different outcomes, possibilites and decide what to do from those but things don't always go according to plan.
She based her decisions on revenge, revenge for her family, which although it was horrific, what had been done to them, I still don't think that revenge is the right answer.

message 6: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mickey wrote: "Under her circumstances I think she made pretty good decisions and choices but at the same time some of those choices just had bad outcomes. I also agree with Olivia when she says 'it's hard to tel..."

I liked what you said here: "You can go through all the different outcomes, possibilites and decide what to do from those but things don't always go according to plan."

So, so true.

And there lies the reason we have cliffhangers :)