Indie-Licious discussion

Freelance Services > Editors for Hire - Post Contact Info Here

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Court (new)

Court (courtyoung) | 89 comments Mod
Sometimes writers search for freelance editing and I thought it would be nice to create a thread for that. If you are an editor, please post you contact information and types of services below. :)

message 2: by Mia (new)

Mia Darien (mia_darien) I also offer editing for what I think are reasonable rates. http://www.miadarien.com -- Click on Services.

I also am happy to beta read for fellow authors as time allows, and I don't charge for that.

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Bailey | 6 comments Hi! I'm the author of Finding Lucas, but when I'm not writing, I'm a professional editor. Here's the link to my company: http://perfectpencommunications.com/

Thanks for checking it out!

message 4: by Court (new)

Thanks Ladies! :)

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Bailey | 6 comments Thank YOU, Courtney!

message 6: by Court (new)

:)

message 7: by Max (new)

Max (PolishedPen) | 2 comments I've been a freelance editor for several of the Big Six, but recently I started my own an editing company focusing on indie authors. Just like many authors have become frustrated with the politics within the publishing industry, many editors feel the same way. Gone are the days of Maxwell Perkins. Publishers no longer assign an editor to a book who will work closely with an author to refine and revise their work. If a writer needs a little direction and some help to make an okay story into a great novel, they won’t get it unless they work with a smaller independent publisher that has an editorial staff or hire their own editor. I thrive on the hands on interaction with my authors and that's one of the reasons why I wanted to branch out on my own.

I've worked with several indie authors that have made it to Amazon's Top 100 List as well as The New York Times Best Seller List.

I have a keen eye for detail and I pretty much live, breath, and dream grammar. A pathetic existence, I know.

I have a BFA in Creative Writing from Yale University and a MA in Writing and Publishing from Emerson College.

If you're interested, please visit my website. www.polished-pen.com

I come with over eight years of experience and very reasonable pricing.

message 8: by Hollie (new)

Hollie Westring (holliewestring) | 2 comments Hello! I'm new to the group. I also provide freelance editing services. I've been helping authors since Dec. 2011. My website is www.hollietheeditor.com.

message 9: by Court (new)

Hi Max and Hollie! It is very nice to meet the both of you! :)

message 10: by Max (new)

Max (PolishedPen) | 2 comments Thanks for creating the thread! :)

message 11: by James (new)

James Ramsey (JamesRamsey) | 2 comments I can attest to Max's amazing but brutal red pen. She is always able to pick out small details that can make a story better or are giving too much away. Every time I get edits from her she teaches me something new about the English language.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Kirke (morethanmagic) | 3 comments I don't know if I should post here or not. I'm not an editor, but I do freelance ebook formatting for both Smashwords and Amazon. I format all of Anchor Group Publishing's books for Smashwords as well. I have a fast turn around time, tell you any changes that have to be made (to satisfy the Smashwords premium catalog requirement) and keep you in the loop.

message 13: by Court (new)

Hey Elizabeth ... I am going to create a thread just for formatting! Thanks for posting!

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim Liston (jimsgotweb) | 1 comments If you've tried to edit your own writing I'm sure you've found it's very difficult. You end up reading what you meant to write instead of what's written. You need to have someone look at your work before it's published or you run the risk of having a reviewer "slam" you on Amazon.

I'm a published author and have done professional editing. I will proofread your document and check for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. I will also find awkward sentence structure and suggest corrections. Using the "Track Changes" feature in Word, I will send you the completed document with all changes made and the document for you to "accept" or "decline" each change.

If you would like an example of my editing, send me the first 500 words of your document and I'll edit them for free.

I look forward to working with you.
jim@jimsgotweb.com

message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie | 2 comments I am a freelance editor with eight years' experience working in small press. I also run Paper Road Press, a boutique publisher of genre fiction - our first release, a collection of horror short stories, recently won two gongs at the Australian Shadows Awards.

I offer freelance editing, proofreading and design/typesetting services. You can see my rates, and examples of books I have worked on, at www.mariehodgkinson.co.nz.

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Share | 1 comments Hi all,

I'm a freelance editor with experience as a ghostwriter and indie author myself. I'm also a Ph.D. so I specialize in delving into horrifically detailed, nit-picky, techie stuff and non-fiction/crime/ESL. For developmental editing, I dig the historical fiction and stuff with real-world or sociological ties as well.

However, I've copyedited in most genres and am always just looking for a good book to love on.

You can find me at Fixie Edits.

message 17: by R. (new)

R. (rrwashburn) | 2 comments I've been trying to get started on a freelancing gig offering editing/proofreading for fellow indie writers as well.

More information in regards to my services and guidelines are on my blog: http://rrwashburn.blogspot.com/p/hire...

Basically I really want to get an editing service started for me to help fellow writers, and am even willing to be pretty negotiable with pricing (book editing/proofing swaps included).

I have done line editing for women's literature, fantasy, horror, and science fiction works. However, I'm very open to all genres.

message 18: by Sahar (new)

Sahar Sabati | 1 comments My obsession with cleaning up manuscripts, my love for detail, and my healthy relationship with writing have finally culminated into a grande finale obvious to many of my friends for years: I have decided to start editing books.

I feel like I just confessed ;)

I am a writer myself, and I give the kind of service I would like to get: personalized and supportive. I am both encouraging and will underline all the positive in a manuscript, and honest in that I will tell you what can be improved. I will also mark the difference between what should be changed as per industry standards and what I personally think might improve your manuscript.

I have edited a couple of young adults and women's fiction books (my favorites!), as well as some children's books and general fiction. I have two options: heavy or basic editing. Please contact me at saharsblog@gmail.com for details on pricing and to schedule a sample proofing (five pages).

message 19: by Stacy (last edited Jun 24, 2015 06:24AM) (new)

Stacy Juba | 7 comments Thank you for the opportunity to share my services.

I offer Crossroads Editing Service. Although I will edit Word files upon request, I prefer to edit hard copies of manuscripts.

That way I can jot down thoughts and make corrections as they occur to me and it adds a special personal touch to my service. This is how editors at publishing houses used to do it and I find that it’s much less intimidating for authors to look over edits in their favorite chair than to scroll through pages of comments on a computer screen.

Many editors charge separate fees for content editing and line editing. With me, you’ll get both for one low price. Clients will receive a lengthy editorial letter offering my overall thoughts on content, structure, characterization, pacing, dialogue, setting, and other elements of the story. In addition, I will also do some line editing, make notes of areas that could benefit from further clarification, and point out grammar and spelling mistakes on the actual manuscript pages. Be prepared to see a lot of handwriting all over your manuscript! When I say line editing, I don’t mean rewriting your book. However, you will see sentences tightened, repetitive words and cliches circled, suggestions for stronger verbs, and comments in the margins.

My specialties are adult mystery and suspense novels, romance, chick lit, contemporary fiction, middle grade, and young adult.

Repeat clients receive 10 percent off the first edit of each new manuscript, both hard copy and Word files.
I also offer a referral bonus. Clients who use my hard copy service receive a discount on rereads of revised manuscripts.

More information is at: http://stacyjuba.com/blog/editorial-s...

message 20: by Arianne (new)

Arianne Cruz | 1 comments I'm new to the business, but you can be assured that I will be honest and go above and beyond to make sure your book is polished. Please visit my website for rates and other info: http://readforerror.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Arianne

message 21: by emma kate (new)

emma kate tsai (emmakatetsai) | 1 comments Emma Edits
emma@emmaedits.com
www.emmaedits.com

message 22: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Mason (saraamason) | 1 comments My name is Sara, and I'm a freelance editor and independent author. I currently offer copy editing and proofreading services. Copy editing is $8 (USD) per thousand words. Proofreading is $5 (USD) per thousand words. Both services are $10 (USD) per thousand words.

For more information, please visit my website: http://www.saraathertonmason.com/edit...

Or you can email me: sara.a.mason@gmail.com

message 23: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Rae | 9 comments Hey, guys! Metamorphosis Editing Services is opening submissions for Beta Reading and Editing from February on!
Take a look at the site and email us if you have any questions!
Email us:
MetamorphosisEditingService@gmail.com
Here are the prices below! : )

Beta Reading: $.0015 Per Word

Detailed Copy Editing: $.0025 Per Word

Proof Reading: $.0035 Per Word

Synopsis Editing: $35 Flat Rate

We look forward to hearing from you!

message 24: by Ken (new)

Ken Jeremiah | 1 comments Hi all. I have written 10 books. The newest two are forthcoming: Creatures Real and Imaginary in Chinese and Japanese Art (McFarland & Co., Inc., 2015) and Following the Spiritual Path (Quest Books, 2016). I also work as a freelance editor, and my services are available at reasonable prices. Please check out my website www.kenjeremiah.com for contact information.
Thanks!

message 25: by Erin (last edited Feb 25, 2015 09:28AM) (new)

Erin Foster (theoryoferin) | 2 comments Hey everyone! I've been freelance editing for almost a decade now and thought I'd offer my services up here to spread the word and help out if anyone's in need.

I have three different types of editing available and all of the information is available on my site: http://erinfosterbooks.com

Thanks!

message 26: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Rae | 9 comments Hi, guys! I'm an indie author and the head editor over at Metamorphosis editing services. We pride ourselves on providing affordable and professional editing for authors! We edit everything from small to large, fiction, non fiction, poetry, blog posts, and more! Please take a second to check out our website and email us with any questions. : )

Email: Metamorphosiseditingservice@gmail.com

message 27: by Katie-bree (new)

Katie-bree | 4 comments Hi Everyone! If you want your writing polished to perfection then you’ve come to the right place. My name is Katie-bree and I’m a freelance Editor. I’m here to ensure that your work is published in a way that portrays your author’s voice while reading as smoothly as possible. In other words, I dot your i’s and cross your t’s so that you can focus on what you do best … writing a fantastic story! My services include the following:

Critique Evaluations - this is where I read through your story highlighting any potential problem areas and assessing the overall readability. It is similar to a beta-read only more in depth. Generally I attempt to send you updates throughout the read-through and an overall report at the end, however I can alter the correspondence in virtually any way that suits you.

Developmental Editing – This is performed while your work is still young. Here, I will collaborate with you to ensure your manuscript develops with the intention, voice and style that you seek to obtain. I make suggestions on readability, character development, content, use of dialogue and sensory description, narrative voice, pacing, and language. I will work with you answering any queries and brainstorming whenever you require it. I do not correct grammar or spelling at this stage as it is too early in the process to do so correctly.

Structural Editing/Copy Editing – A Structural Edit is similar to a Developmental Edit only it is performed when you have a manuscript already near completion. I focus on refining your writing, re-ordering and restructuring in order to tighten the story and improve readability, clarity and accuracy. I alert you to any inconsistencies regarding plot, character development and speech. I assist you with your language usage and in creating believable dialogue and plotline. Copy Editing is basically line editing and it corrects grammar, punctuation, spelling, word usage, etc. I will suggest alternative words or sentences if I believe they will work towards your purposes better. Generally I do both of the above edits together, if you are happy with this arrangement and time permits, as the two often go hand in hand and, quite frankly, I can’t ignore a spelling mistake if I see one. Obviously though, if you only want one or the other completed I can do this for you too.

Proofreading – I do offer proofreading services as well which is basically a final run through of your manuscript at its completion to ensure there are no obvious errors and that the mark ups from editing have been applied. I do not like to proofread something that I have just edited however as I am usually too close to the work to perform the proofread correctly.

My work is usually marked up on Track Changes so that I can leave comments/feedback throughout your story and I can guarantee that I will work with you all the way, answering any questions you may have. Please keep in mind though that I make the suggestions; it is ultimately your work and you will always have the final say. Before we commence with any edit I will ask for you to provide me with a sample of 10-20 pages from the middle of your manuscript depending on the length of your work. I will edit this and then return it to you so that you may see my results. If you’re satisfied I will give you a quote and then we can schedule a date. You will receive from me a letter of agreement and an invoice for half the payment with the other half paid at completion. Unlike some other services I prefer to stay in touch with you throughout the edit and collaborate with you fully. Prices do vary on the amount of work to be performed and the edit type chosen however range from 0.002-0.005c per word. *If after consulting your sample I believe the work will require more than the given price ranges suggest then I will notify you. Although I can focus on one area separately, I also offer fantastic discounts for package deals, which I’m happy to quote for you. So, what are you waiting for? If you want to arrange an edit or you have any further questions please email me at deathsdownindixie@gmail.com. I look forward to talking to you soon. And remember, don’t let a simple spelling mistake stand in the way of you being published!!

message 28: by Sherrill (new)

Sherrill Layton (slayton) | 1 comments Hello everyone :)

I'm a book editor doing university stuff and getting more and more into self-help/spiritual/online copy-editing.

Feel free to hit me up: www.hiddendragonediting.com

All the best for a lovely spring!
Sherrill

message 29: by Robin (new)

Robin Samuels (robinjsam) | 3 comments Hello authors and editors! I'm a freelance editor who loves working with indie authors, so drop by www.shadowcatediting.com if you're looking for someone to help get your manuscript ready for publication.

There's info on my site about the different types of editing I do, and I'm always happy to discuss your work with you and help to figure out exactly what suits your needs best. Thanks, all!

~Robin

message 30: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (margaretesb) Thanks for the opportunity to join this thread! I'm an independent book editor and publishing consultant with experience at the fifth largest publishing house, and would love to help you explore the publishing process and/or help you develop your book to its full potential.

It's a tough, tough business and shrinking book market, and understanding publishing and smart positioning is necessary for success as an author. I have a very affordable entry-level package for $100, and would love to chat with you about your goals to see if we might be a good fit anytime.

Please find out more at Dallowayeditorial.com.

message 31: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniquetheeditrix) | 9 comments Hi Authors.

I'm a freelance editor who has worked successfully on 5 full length novels and 2 novella's as a developmental editor and copy-editor. I have also proofread various novels and am in the process of editing a soon-to-be released debut novel. I am currently booking for the rest of the year.

I'm running a special offer for authors who decide to work with me from now through Christmas. Not only will I do a free sample edit of any 3-4 pages of your manuscript, but if you choose to work with me, an additional 4 pages (or 1000 words) will also be free of charge.

I generally charge per page, but I know a a lot of indie authors do not have a big budget for editing, so authors can request a quote for both per page and per word fees. I will then sign off on the cheaper quotation.

I respect the author's voice and only do rewrites with the author's permission.

I have 2 spots available for October, 4 in November and 5 in December.

For more on services and pricing, please see my website http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com

message 32: by Felicia A (new)

Felicia A (ftjazgal) | 1 comments I am an editor. I do have my indie clients, and I also work for several mid-size presses. I stay pretty booked, but I do have times when more work is welcome. Here is my website: http://indie-editor.webs.com/, and a needs-to-be-updated list of books I have edited: http://indie-editor.webs.com/booksiha....

I CAN edit anything, and do, but apocalypses are my faves. :-)

message 33: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniquetheeditrix) | 9 comments From the 19th of November to the 23rd of December, I'm running a special low-rate, flat fee on my proofreading services.

Need something proofread in a hurry? I can promise a fast turnaround time and quality work.

Proofreading Holiday Madness flat fees:

40 000 words or less: $45
40 000 words - 80 000 words: $65
80 000 words - 120 000 words: $85
120 000 words and up: $125

Take advantage of this special offer. Contact me at moniquetheeditrix@gmail.com or visit my website http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com

message 34: by Dori (last edited Feb 18, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Dori Harrell | 1 comments Hi, authors.

I'm Dori Harrell, owner of Breakout Editing, and I give authors a competitive edge. Free sample edits of 10 pages (serious inquiries only).
-Content editing, copyediting, and proofreading (competitive pricing)
-www.doriharrell.wix.com/breakoutediting
-doriharrell@gmail.com

A multiple award-winning writer, I freelance edit full time, and as an editor, I release more than two dozen books annually. My client list includes indie authors, best-selling authors, and publishers. I edit fiction (multiple genres, but no erotica) and nonfiction (specialize in memoirs), and I offer content editing, copyediting, and proofreading services. I'm skilled with Chicago Manual of Style and AP style guides, and committed to my turnaround times. Feel free to check out my testimonials and extensive portfolio on my website. As a writer, I understand authors. Their works are their babies. I know you want to publish your book with confidence, and it's my mission to provide suggestions for well-structured, error-free manuscripts that give authors a competitive edge.
Select titles I've edited: The Dreamer; The Divide; Hey Big Spender; The Isaac Project; Krewe of Souls

message 35: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniquetheeditrix) | 9 comments I still have 3 spots left for this offer.

Need something proofread in a hurry? I can promise a fast turnaround time and quality work.

Proofreading Holiday Madness flat fees:

40 000 words or less: $45
40 000 words - 80 000 words: $65
80 000 words - 120 000 words: $85
120 000 words and up: $125

Take advantage of this special offer. Contact me at moniquetheeditrix@gmail.com or visit my website http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com

message 36: by Parisa (new)

Parisa (parisaz) | 1 comments Hi all!

I provide the following services currently: content editing on all genres of fiction, as well as narrative nonfiction and memoirs, proofreading, and ebook design and formatting for both fiction and nonfiction. I've edited bestselling authors and debut authors alike. My main goal in editing is to help authors create their best possible book and to grow as a writer. I care about the future of my authors, not just the manuscript I'm working on. Because of that, I like to let my authors know that I'm here for them, even when I'm not physically editing a book. You can see what some authors have said about me here: http://www.yourlittlealien.com/#!test...

Rates are dependent on each individual project, but are based on the EFA's current editorial rates. General factors include the scope of work, word count, genre, special requests, and your budget.

If I sound like a good fit, I'd love to hear from you. parisa[at]yourlittlealien.com

message 37: by Nina (last edited Mar 22, 2016 04:19PM) (new)

Nina | 1 comments Need a professional edit at low rates? I'm a fully qualified editor with a degree and over ten years of experience, ready to help you polish your book into a sleek, professional product sure to impress readers. All lengths and genres, all levels of editing. Visit 5starediting.com and check my glowing testimonials, or email your manuscript to fivestarediting@yahoo.com for a quote within 24 hours. Thanks!

message 38: by Nikki (last edited Mar 27, 2016 02:57AM) (new)

Nikki M. | 1 comments After working as a university writing tutor, completing an editorial internship, beta reading for several years pro-bono, and proofreading for a romance e-publisher, I’ve branched out into offering my services to indie authors. I have a degree in Creative and Professional Writing and experience with using Track Changes and applying style guides (particularly the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition). Come receive timely, thorough, and 100% honest feedback on your manuscript!

My rates are as follows:

Beta reading = $.001 USD per word. This includes in-manuscript comments and a separate, multi-page write-up.

Proofreading = $.003 USD per word.

Line editing = $.006 USD per word for one round, or $.008 USD per word for two rounds, with an opportunity for revisions before the second round. Free 1000-word line editing samples are available upon request.

See my website for details: https://nameditorial.wordpress.com.

Right Now: 10% discount on services for the month of March!

message 39: by Andrew (last edited Apr 20, 2016 08:39PM) (new)

Andrew | 1 comments Nikki wrote: "Hi, guys! I'm an indie author and the head editor over at Metamorphosis editing services. We pride ourselves on providing affordable and professional editing for authors! We edit everything from sm..."
Hello fellow authors
I wanted to let you know that I used services of Metamorphosis editing and this was my experience:
The book was delivered after deadline and the editing was very poor. The editor, Nikkie Rae, had changed my sentences, adding new verbs without highlighting the previous verbs to be deleted leading to a grammatical disaster. There were several misspells on her part and my main request that was proofreading was never achieved.
Instead she , after I saw the book and protested, kept coming back at me with passive aggressive comments and insults to me and to my book.
I spent several weeks proof reading the book to clean up the mess. Well you can't advertise or get reviews when in that situation, can you?
She cost me several months, wrecked my nerves on top of taking my money. Just letting you know. You decide.

message 40: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniquetheeditrix) | 9 comments Hello!

I'm offering 15% discount on all slots booked from today until the 31st of March.

If you're looking for a friendly, affordable editor with a keen eye for detail, I'm your gal.

View my testimonials here: http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com/a...

You can contact me at moniquetheeditrix@gmail.com

message 41: by Jill (last edited Mar 18, 2016 12:56PM) (new)

Jill Pickle | 1 comments Hi everyone!

I am new to this group. I'd like to reach out to authors of books for young readers, particularly LGBTQIA authors and PoC. I love working with new authors!

As an editor at a major publishing house, I saw firsthand how the status quo would be hard to change. I want to make things better in my own way: by working with authors to ensure high-quality diverse books are available for all kinds of kids from all kinds of families.

I specialize in KidLit from board books to YA, offering developmental/content editing and manuscript evaluation for a fair price. My background is in children's bookselling but I've been in the publishing industry for 6 years. I try to be as transparent as possible by offering one flat per-project fee so authors are never left with an unexpectedly high invoice. I'm happy to furnish references, sample edits, and titles I've worked on as a freelance editor, production editor, and literary agent assistant.

I may be willing to work for pickles ;)

Name: Jill Saginario
Company: Pickle Ink Editorial Services
Email: jill@pickleinkeditorial.com
Memberships: #weneeddiversebooks, www.the-EFA.org, Bookbuilders of Boston (board member)

message 42: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniquetheeditrix) | 9 comments I offer quality work at reasonable prices.

I will help you whip your manuscript into shape, going over it with a fine-toothed comb, all while never straying from your unique author voice.

I've received fantastic testimonials from my clients, which you can view here:
http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com/a...

For pricing and services, please click on the following link:
http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com/s...

After having rearranged my schedule to best suit some of my return clients' needs, I find myself with 3 spots open for April.

You can contact me at moniquetheeditrix@gmail.com or by filling in the contact form on my website:
http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com/c...

**Please note, I do not accept manuscripts where a young child (infant to middle grade) dies tragically or brutally. I also do not accept manuscript that feature vivid descriptions and details of drowning or near-drowning.

message 43: by Robin (new)

Robin Samuels (robinjsam) | 3 comments Hello authors and editors! I'm a freelance copy editor editor who loves working with indie authors, so please drop by www.shadowcatediting.com if you're looking for someone to help get your manuscript ready for publication.

I am actively seeking new fiction clients to expand my business and would love to discuss your work with you and provide a free sample edit to help us both see if we'd make a good team! Looking forward to hearing from you -

~Robin

message 44: by Stella (new)

Stella Bonanno | 2 comments As an avid reader, writer, and editor, I understand just how much goes into the writing process in order to deliver a polished novel.

**I will work with you on pricing and flat rates are available.**

Copy Edit: (Improving formatting, style, and accuracy of text)
-Shorten long sentences into two
-Cut adverbs
-Stick to the same narrative
-Punctuation
-Remove redundancies

Proofreading: (correct or mark any errors before print or publishing)
-Careful reading
-Detect spelling errors, punctuation, or grammar.

I offer converting your Word document into any format to suit all e-reader devices. (EPUB, MOBI, AZW3, PDF, etc…) Simply name the ones you want. This also includes meeting Kindle and CreateSpace guidelines.

Lastly, I recommend a final proofread after any modifications have been made but that's your own choice.

Contact me via e-mail @ xoxstellabonanno@hotmail.com

message 45: by Clare (last edited May 02, 2016 09:49AM) (new)

Clare | 3 comments BOOK EDITOR AVAILABLE FOR YOU

I am a voracious reader with five years editing experience, making me the perfect editor for you. As well as my editing experience, I run my own tutoring business helping students from age 6 through to university age better grasp the nuances of the English language while focusing on creating flawless copy.

I understand that you want to make sure your novel is impeccable. I want to help you reach that goal.

I have a keen eye for detail. I have an exceptional grasp of grammatical conventions, and will be able to detect spelling errors, punctuation, as well make suggestions on how to correct any plot weakness.

I can suggest rewrites and even give suggestions that you are able to accept or decline; after all the work is yours and must belong to you.

I am presently seeking:
YA authors
Romance authors (contemporary)
Erotica authors

I have reasonable rates; we can work on an hourly wage or flat rate. My turn around time is extremely quick.

Please feel free to contact me @ clareflockton@me.com

message 46: by Swati (new)

Swati Hegde (swatithegeek) | 3 comments Are you looking for a voracious reader who can tell you the good, bad and ugly of your next novel's plot, storyline, characters and voice? Are you desperately seeking a dedicated grammar Nazi who will cut, clean and refine your work into near-perfect publishing shape?

Well, your search is over.

I'm here to offer my services as a beta reader/proofreader/editor (or all three, depending on your requirements).

As for my qualifications, I'm a second-year college student, I've written two YA novels on Wattpad (http://www.wattpad.com/user/SwatiHegde) and I have a personal blog (http://geekie-chic.blogspot.com). I also have experience in free beta reading for fellow authors in the past, and I've been on the Editorial team of my school and college magazines.
I've worked on over 27 short stories and novels in a span of three months. You can read testimonials from my clients here: http://geekie-chic.blogspot.in/p/busi...

The services I'm offering are:

- Beta reading
I will get back to you within two weeks with a full beta read report regarding any plot holes, inconsistencies, character development, plot structure, and my personal opinion.

- Proofreading
I will get back to you within two weeks with a corrected & highlighted Word copy of your novel along with some general remarks about the grammar and structure of the novel.

- Editing
I will get back to you within three weeks with a highlighted, edited and polished Word copy of your novel along with some specific remarks about the grammar, structure and voice of the novel.

- Beta reading, proofreading & editing
I will get back to you within one month with regular updates every week.

The genres I will work with include:
- Young Adult
- Children's Fiction
- New Adult
- Romance
- Humor & Comedy
- Chick lit
- Mystery
- Dystopia
- Other Contemporary Fiction

Erotica is off the table for me.

If you're interested, please email me at geekiechicblog@gmail.com with the subject "Beta Reading/Proofreading/Editing Services" (depending on which one you need) with the name of your book, plot blurb and any specific requirements from me in the body of the email. I will get back to you with my rates.

Looking forward to working with you soon! :)

message 47: by Clare (new)

Clare | 3 comments BOOK EDITOR AVAILABLE FOR YOU

I am a voracious reader with five years editing experience, making me the perfect editor for you. As well as my editing experience, I run my own tutoring business helping students from age 6 through to university age better grasp the nuances of the English language while focusing on creating flawless copy.

I understand that you want to make sure your novel is impeccable. I want to help you reach that goal.

I have a keen eye for detail. I have an exceptional grasp of grammatical conventions, and will be able to detect spelling errors, punctuation, as well make suggestions on how to correct any plot weakness.

I can suggest rewrites and even give suggestions that you are able to accept or decline; after all the work is yours and must belong to you.

I am presently seeking:
YA authors
Romance authors (contemporary)
Erotica authors

I have reasonable rates; we can work on an hourly wage or flat rate. My turn around time is extremely quick.

Please feel free to contact me @ clareflockton@me.com

message 48: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniquetheeditrix) | 9 comments Are you looking for someone to whip your manuscript into shape?

I've received rave testimonials from all my clients. I currently have four spots open in May, since my fast turnaround time cleared some of my schedule. I'm offering a 15% discount on all novels over 50k for the month of May.

I edit a range of genres, though I tend to focus more on erotica and romance.

Pop me an email at moniquetheeditrix@gmail.com or contact me through my website: http://moniquetheeditrix.weebly.com

message 49: by Christine (new)

Christine Fears (fearsomeeditorial) | 1 comments Hi all,

This is a great idea!

I am a freelance editor with five years experience both in-house at indie publishers and as an independent editor. Please see my website for more detail: http://fearsomeeditorial.com/ (all art my own too).

My fiction experience is largely in romance/erotica and fantasy (and the crossover between these genres!), but I also enjoy a bit of non-fiction editing, be it academic or popular.

I am an intermediate member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders, and I make sure I keep my skills honed with their training courses and resources.

Do feel free to get in touch with queries! christine@fearsomeeditorial.com

Christine.

message 50: by Estella (new)

Estella Mirai | 1 comments Hi! I'm new to the group and offer fast, reasonable, and professional freelance editing and critiques.

I work with YA, NA, and adult fiction in all genres except Christian/inspirational. I especially love YA and NA contemporary, romance, and science fiction/fantasy.

You can check out my editing services page at http://kimberlyito.com

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon! :)

« previous 1