Zombies! discussion

Book Discussions > I'm looking for some new series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments I need some suggestions for what to read next. I do not enjoy stand alone books (I read too darn fast and I'm disappointed when there isn't more!)

I have read the following series...please if you have any suggestions, post!

Resident Evil. SD Perry
Autumn. David Moody
Benny Imura. Jonathan Maberry
The Becoming. Jessica Meigs
Undead World. A.P. Fuchs
Eden. Tony Moncihnski
Joe Ledger. Jonathan Maberry
Zombie Fallout. Mark Tufo
Plague of the Dead. Z. A. Recht
LZR-1144. Bryan James
Hater. David Moody
White Flag of the Dead. Joseph Talluto
Newsflesh. Mira Grant
Deadlocked. AR Wise
As the World Dies. Rhiannon Frater
Dead World. Joe McKinney
Zombie Dawn. Michael Thomas
Undead Nation. Brent Acuff
Zombie Chronicles. Mark Clodi
Monster Island. David Wellington (couldn't get into it...too much foreign language that I didn't understand)

Thanks in advance

message 3: by Drew (last edited Dec 19, 2012 09:34AM) (new)

Drew !!Day by Day Armageddon...book 3 (the final one?) is comming out next week

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn The Dead series by TW Brown, book 5 was just released on the 15th...

Also, the Zomblog series by TW Brown is fantastic...

message 5: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 13 comments If you havent read the Walking Dead series you should definitely jump on that. Its great! Compendium 1 and 2 are both out now. The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 by Robert Kirkman & The Walking Dead, Compendium 2 by Robert Kirkman .

Also, The Forest of Hands and Teeth was a really good trilogy. The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan

message 6: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (daidpforsyth) | 352 comments If you missed the End of the World, grab "Voyage of the Dead" for FREE (12/21-22/12) at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006Y3XF4A and prepare yourself for an epic adventure through the zombie apocalypse. If you enjoy the ride as much as I hope you will, extend your cruise with "Flotilla of the Dead" at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007QOJJIC and "Deluge of the Dead" at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANFW7KS (Top 100 Sci-Fi-Adventure in Paid Kindle Store). The Sovereign Spirit Saga has been described as "Battlestar Galactica meets the Walking Dead" and "a Star Trek of the Zombie Apocalypse." Don't miss the boat!

message 7: by H.E. (last edited Dec 21, 2012 02:37PM) (new)

H.E. Goodhue (HEGoodhue) | 6 comments So shameless plug aside...

The first novel in my new series is out now (second is on the way!). Zombie Youth: Playground Politics is available in both Kindle & paperback on Amazon. A short synopsis is below. I hope you'll check it out!

Zombie Youth: Playground Politics focuses on the outbreak of a virus that targets older members of society, while leaving those under the age of twenty unaffected. A group of students are trapped in their school as the adults they once relied upon suddenly suffer heart attack-like symptoms and die, only to reanimate and feed or in some instances become something far worse.

The students realize that help is not going to come and that they are on their own, so they begin to recreate society within the confines of the school walls. The story follows their trials and tribulations, where the students must not only face very real teenage problems such as responsibility, maturation and even pregnancy, but the far more complex ones of survival and the recreation of a world worth living in and fighting for.

All the Best!
~H.E.
Zombie Youth: Playground Politics Zombie Youth Playground Politics by H.E. Goodhue

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Walsh | 47 comments The Domain of the dead series by Iain McKinnon is fantastic.

message 9: by Kati (new)

Kati Morningstar Strain by Z.A. Reich

Ex-Heroes by Peter Klines (Superheroes + Zombies = awesome series)

Dying to Live by Kim Paffenroth

message 10: by Char (new)

Char Jonathan Maberry's Pine Deep Trilogy is good. It's not zombies though.
The first one is Ghost Road Blues

Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books) (goodreadscomhermyoni) | 274 comments Nevermore Trilogy by Shannon Mayer
Alice in Deadland series by Mainak Dhar is super fun.
Don of the Dead and the Primrose Court novellas by Robert DeCoteau were great.
The Hollows series by Amanda Hocking was good though the second book is shorter than I would of liked.

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara (bluesarat) | 464 comments Just read and really enjoyed Brian Clopper Turncoats Book One...really enjoyed it!!

message 13: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments Read Morningstar and Dying to Live. Working on The Gathering Dead (2nd book) now. They were great, but I'd love to find something scary and graphic.

message 14: by Saul (new)

Saul Tanpepper (undeadwriter) | 23 comments The GAMELAND Omnibus was an Ereader News Today 99-cent bargain book yesterday, which means it'll be a buck through today on Amazon US, Amazon UK, and Barnes and Noble. Normally $9.99 for this 8-book series. 4.9/5.0 star rating on Amazon. Price goes up tomorrow!
GAMELAND Omnibus (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND Season One Episodes 1-8) by Saul Tanpepper

message 15: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (daidpforsyth) | 352 comments ★★★★★ "Deluge of the Dead -- Another great book in the series" The Sovereign Spirit sails on at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANFW7KS

Sales of the whole series have been reKindled with release of the 3rd book in the saga. If you haven't had a chance to check them out, there is no time like the present to experience the zombie apocalypse of 2012 from a unique perspective. Don't miss the boat!

Voyage of the Dead by David P. Forsyth Voyage of the Dead
Flotilla of the Dead by David P. Forsyth Flotilla of the Dead
Deluge of the Dead by David P. Forsyth Deluge of the Dead

message 16: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon Kane (goodreadscomjonathonkane) I've recently posted excerpts of Corpse Days and its sequel, The Calm Before. Jonathon Kane

message 17: by Glinda (new)

Glinda Harrison (glindaharrison) | 61 comments I really enjoyed the Mountain Man series by Keith C. Blackmore. Good, tight writing and professionally edited, these are quite good. Book 3 of the series just came out.

Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books) (goodreadscomhermyoni) | 274 comments I know some of these have been mentioned but these were my Top Picks this year in this genre.

http://bloodsweatandbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/zurvival-saturday-37-top-ten-favorite.html

message 19: by Mikhail (new)

Mikhail Lerma (MLerma) | 38 comments Shana wrote: "I need some suggestions for what to read next...."

I'll go ahead and add my zombie book series, Z Plan, into the mix. This is the first book in the series. The sequel, Z Plan:Red Tides, is in progress.

Blood on the Sand (Z Plan #1) by Mikhail Lerma
Z Plan:Blood on the Sand
Cale, a U.S. Army Soldier, is in the middle of one conflict, just as another more terrifying one has begun. His nightmares have become a reality; the world it seems has gone insane. The insurgents are the least of his worries now. Instead, the undead have become the new enemy. Fighting for his life at every turn, and losing friends along the way, he must trek across the globe just in the hopes that he will hold his wife and daughter in his arms again.

From readers on Amazon:
“ Overall a great book which I blew through in 3 days and I am anxiously waiting for the next installment. ”
Lincoln gave ★★★★ | 4 reviewers made a similar statement

“ I recommend this book to any zombie fan. ”
Mimi Dobson gave ★★★★ | 3 reviewers made a similar statement

“ I am a fan of the zombie genre and this book ticked all the boxes for me. ”
zoomreader gave ★★★★★ | 2 reviewers made a similar statement

message 20: by Mike (last edited Feb 13, 2013 01:49PM) (new)

Mike | 48 comments The First Days by Rhiannon Frater. I'm halfway through book #2. Strong characterization, lots of action and gore.

message 21: by ~living (new)

~living Deadnurse  (nurseridinghood) Charlie higson the enemy series. I know it's YA but its a great series. Right up there with rot and ruin. Another good series is the forest of hands and teeth. The walking dead graphic novels are fantastic along with the background series of how it all began "rise of the governor" Hollowland by amanda hocking its a good female lead story. I had a hard time liking the monster nation series. I know you don't like single books but the cell by Steven king is awesome. Along with dead night by Johathan Maberry ( author of rot and ruin). Just started the Alice in zombieland series by gena showalter. A little slow but I got hooked at the end which is making it impossible to wait for the next book. Hope that helps. Is patient zero worth reading?

message 22: by ~living (new)

~living Deadnurse  (nurseridinghood) I would love to find some great zombie series similar to the ones I mentioned...I am currently reading warm bodies. Definitely a different view. Haven't decided if I like it or not.

message 23: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments I didn't like Patient Zero. I ranked the series I've read in order from most enjoyed to least. (Patient Zero ranks #32

1. Autumn. David Moody
2. As the World Dies. Rhiannon Frater
3. White Flag of the Dead. Joseph Talluto
4. Newsflesh. Mira Grant
5. Zombie Fallout. Mark Tufo
6. Zombie Dawn. Michael Thomas
7. Undead Nation. Brent Acuff
8. Zombie Chronicles. Mark Clodi
9. LZR-1143. Bryan James
10. Alaskan Undead Apocalypse. Sean Schubert
11. Dead World. Joe McKinney
12. The Becoming. Jessica Meigs
13. Undead World. A.P. Fuchs
14. Plague of the Dead. Z. A. Recht
15. A New World. John O'Brien
16. Resident Evil. SD Perry
17. The Gathering. Stephen Knight
18. Day by Day Armageddon. JL Bourne
19. Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse. Shawn Chesser
20. Eden. Tony Moncihnski
21. Warm Bodies. Isaac Marion
22. Deadlocked. AR Wise
23. Infection. Craig DiLouie
24. Flu. Wayne Simmons
25. Infection. Scott Sigler
26. Dead of Night. Jonathan Maberry
27. Hater. David Moody
28. Benny Imura. Jonathan Maberry
29. Rise Again. Ben Tripp
30. Snareville. David Youngquist
31. Bones. Mark Wheaton
32. Joe Ledger. Jonathan Maberry
33. Monster Island. David Wellington

message 24: by Meg-Anne (new)

Meg-Anne | 10 comments I know someone mentioned it already but Zomblog and the Dead series by TW Brown are both really good.

BTW: Thanks for your list....most are on my TBR list.

message 25: by Jim (new)

Jim | 219 comments Mod
Check out Allison Hewitt is Trapped. That's one of the best zombie novels I've read. It has a sequel as well.

message 26: by ~living (new)

~living Deadnurse  (nurseridinghood) Thanks that will keep me busy for months. I was iffy about autumn. But since its top on your list I will defiantly check it out.

message 27: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments Surprisingly I was really impressed by Amy Lundermans "they Walk".

message 28: by Glynn (new)

Glynn James (glynnjames) Would you mind if I post a book series that I'm co-writing?

message 29: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments Of course not

message 30: by Mike (last edited Feb 16, 2013 07:34AM) (new)

Mike (krassos) | 39 comments If you don't mind hearing from authors: Rapture First of 4(to date). The series is open-ended. I'll add more next time I find myself unemployed.

message 31: by Gina (new)

Gina (granolagina) | 21 comments The Remaining trilogy

message 32: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 2145 comments Gina wrote: "The Remaining trilogy"

Hear, hear. I'm anxiously awaiting the fourth book.

message 33: by Glynn (new)

Glynn James (glynnjames) Thanks Shana,
BTW the Remaining series is awesome stuff.

The series I'm co-writing with Michael Stephen Fuchs -

Arisen, Book One - Fortress Britain
Arisen, Book Two - Mogadishu of the Dead

The third book will be out in a couple of weeks.

Michael has also written Arisen : Genesis, which is a prequel, but that doesn't appear to be in the book search.

message 34: by Jamie (last edited Mar 07, 2013 01:57AM) (new)

Jamie | 1 comments I would also recommend the Zomblog series by T.W. Brown and mention that the publisher (May/December Publications) has several other good zombie books available.T.W. Brown

message 35: by Josh (new)

Josh Hilden (josh_hilden) The first two volumes of my series "The Shores of the Dead" are out on Kindle and Paperback and the third book will be out in May.

www.shoresofthedead.com

message 36: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments I'm limited to iTunes bookstore. Sadly a lot of the titles listed in this thread aren't available :(

Kristin (Blood,Sweat and Books) (goodreadscomhermyoni) | 274 comments I just read a prequel called to the series Mortality by Kellie Sheridan and it was really good. The short story is called End Dayz and is free on Kindle. Now I haven't read Mortality yet since I just read the prequel tonight but if the short is any indication it should be awesome.

message 38: by Edward (new)

Edward Dunnaway | 13 comments I started my series that well be in episodes , which there already two up .

It title is infestation

It about a Texas hill country town that gets a rude awakening when it residents start go crazy and begins eat each other. As the city erupts in chaos , survivors fight of not only the infected but psychopath that taking the end of the world as chance to take it over. It's hard to hide from the dead , when you have guns point at your head . I also includes mutations inspired by video games and somewhat explain how and why they like that.

I see my story as something new and different but hints of the old zombie with more of new era.

message 39: by Edward (new)

Edward Dunnaway | 13 comments Here the link

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

message 40: by Thomas (last edited Jun 05, 2013 12:54PM) (new)

Thomas Jenner (thomasjenner) S.D. Perry Is my Favorite author! I followed the Resident Evil Series From day one! I have read all of them probably 4 or 5 times each. Book 5 was my Favorite hands down!!!

I have a zombie book series called - Kellie's Diary.
A series of diary entries through the eyes of a little girl as she tries to survive the end of the world.

Book 1 and 2 are out right now, book three is coming out this week.

message 41: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Spears (rjspears) | 14 comments I finished the first book in the Ashes series by Ilsa Bick. It's about zombies and not about zombies. What can tell you is that Bick is a real writer. There's some good writing in that first book.

I haven't made it to the 2nd book yet. Just not enough time to read, but I'll get to it soon.

message 42: by A.S. (last edited Jun 26, 2013 04:37PM) (new)

A.S. Thompson | 20 comments Shana wrote: "I need some suggestions for what to read next. I do not enjoy stand alone books (I read too darn fast and I'm disappointed when there isn't more!)

I have read the following series...please if you ..."

Hey Shanna I wrote a reply to you in the group Apocalypse Whenever. In case you don't check that one or don't check that often, I figured I'd post here as well.

How did you like the Z.A. Recht series? I know book three wasn't his, but what about the first two?

I ask because I have a series published through Severed Press (two books with the third due at the end of this year) that has been compared to his (although not the same geographical scale that his crosses continents). Mine starts off pre-chaos, but goes to hell pretty quick lol. Obviously I am biased but there are some fun action sequences and interesting/clever plot twists and in book two all hell breaks loose and lingering questions get answered.

The Longest Road by A.S. Thompson The Longest Road and sequel The Change by A.S. Thompson The Change

Also, a fellow Severed Press author S. Johnathan Davis has his first book out and is working on the sequel.

I would have added more books but it looks like you've read all of my recommendations!!

Hope that helps!

message 43: by D.A. (last edited Jul 16, 2013 10:20AM) (new)

D.A. Roberts (daroberts-author) | 5 comments I write the Ragnarok Rising Saga. It's a zombie series set in the midwest.

Ragnarok Rising: The Awakening
Ragnarok Rising: The Reckoning Ragnarok Rising The Awakening by D.A. Roberts Ragnarok Rising The Reckoning by D.A. Roberts

message 44: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (daidpforsyth) | 352 comments The Ragnarok Rising Saga is worth reading! A corrections officer discovers that the safest place to be during the zombie apocalypse is in jail!

BTW, I write the Sovereign Spirit Saga, a zombie series set mostly aboard a ship off the coast of California. :)
Voyage of the Dead by David P. Forsyth Voyage of the Dead
Flotilla of the Dead by David P. Forsyth Flotilla
of the Dead

Deluge of the Dead by David P. Forsyth Deluge of the Dead

message 45: by D.A. (new)

D.A. Roberts (daroberts-author) | 5 comments Thanks, David! I would definitely recommend the Sovereign Spirit Saga, as well. Great reads!

message 46: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments I could only find book one on iTunes. It was great tho. I've read about 100+ new ones since this post, if anyone is looking for something I suggest checking my read folder

message 47: by David P (last edited Jul 16, 2013 08:34PM) (new)

David P Forsyth (daidpforsyth) | 352 comments Shana wrote: "I could only find book one on iTunes. It was great tho. I've read about 100+ new ones since this post, if anyone is looking for something I suggest checking my read folder"

Thanks Shana. Voyage of the Dead is the only one of mine on iTunes at the moment. But that will change soon. The other two are back from editing and formatting now. Just waiting on revised cover art to release the rest in paperback, iTunes, Kobo, Sony, Nook, etc. :) And there is more in the works. :)

BTW, if you want to sample some GREAT zombie books, watch for "Outbreak: Visions of the Apocalypse" coming out soon. DA Roberts and I both have excerpts of our books included, along with twenty other authors (including Rhiannon Frater, Mark Clodi, John Campbell, Shawn Chesser, Hugh Howey, and many more) :) And proceeds go to charity (www.directrelief.org).

message 48: by Glyn (new)

Glyn Gardner | 37 comments Take a peek at APEX, written by me. Right now it's only one book, but I'm well into book 2. It's non-stop zombie action. Think Blackhawk Down meets the Walking Dead, only without Carl. :-)

message 49: by Shana (new)

Shana Festa | 67 comments Glyn I may have to check it out for the sheer fact this there is no Carl!

message 50: by David P (new)

David P Forsyth (daidpforsyth) | 352 comments LOL. My books do have a Carl, but he is quite different.

« previous 1