The Never War discussion

Starting Out > Questions, Comments, concerns

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Amir is a ßø≤≤ | 172 comments Mod
Title says it all.

message 2: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments Ok, before I actually make my character, I'd like to ask some questions first.

1. Can I make a Human whose age is beyond that of your maximum length? If not, can I claim one of the Forgopaths (or however you spell it) before becoming a moderator, as I will apply, but I see no real need with only 5 members. If not, can I make an Angel whose age is "Unknown", but is quite significant?

2. Can I make another specialization for the Sage called "Guardian"? A Guardian Sage is one whose will and body cannot be easily broken and is proficient in combat, as well as lore, and has experience in areas not commonly practiced or studied. If not, can I make a Sensei Sage?

3. Can I make a new ability either under the "Essence" or "Black Crown" section called "Arcane Distortion" which would create a magical overcharge that can tear into even the fabric of space and time, with a one use per day (or battle or whatever restriction you may want to put on it, if you approve) with restrictions, of course. If not, then "Arcane Nullification", which completely shuts down all magical abilities, including the major ones, including the "Black Crown" ones, with the same restrictions, of course?

4. May I claim the Legendary Weapon, Krios, since it matches quite well with the character I was going to make?

Please let me know as soon as you can so I can get to making my character.

message 3: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

1. Make an angel for now, and if you become a moderator you can create a Forgopath or human with a COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE reason for him to be exceeding the age limit.

2. I think you shoud just make a sensei, because you can make his personality to match the guardian-type sage.

3. Ill try the Arcane Nullification, but that is WAY overpowered. Maybe within a hundred meters, and the restraints are that it is once per day,

message 4: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments I'll just create my own weapon within power restrictions. And I'll keep my character an Angel, but I'm still going to have the age as "Unknown", since it says it can go to infinite, anyway. And alright, I'll just keep him a Sensei. As for the Arcane Nullification, all it does is purge magical effects like barriers, force-fields, etc. and prevent the use of magic. In no way does it do any damage. It's mainly just a defense mechanism and, if you're going to let my character fill the role I asked about earlier, where he guides your characters to the Book of Origins, he won't do much in the way of combat, anyway, as I have other things in mind for his development.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Is there a character limit?

message 6: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

As many as you can handle

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» More questions, sorry. I love asking questions.

Why are there powers and abilities? Can a character not have an ability?

message 9: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments It's probably not my place to explain, but it seems to me that, in this group, "Power(s)" are your normal fantasy powers, like controlling the Element of Fire or bending nature to your will. "Ability(s)" are special skills that each person has that is unlike other normal powers that have special or significant effects that can't, otherwise, be used if these abilities did not exist. In this sense, as far as I can tell, "Ability(s)" are far stronger than "Power(s)".

message 10: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Ya, that's basically it. For example, 'Liverpool,' is completely custom, while 'Fire,' is a normal power.

message 11: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Sorry, lag. It would give your character a good edge in battle, either damaging or defending a person

message 13: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Dec 24, 2012 03:06PM) (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Do they (our characters) have to have a charge?

message 14: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

No, but you can have one, and even suggets a new one.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» What is the purpose of a charge, exactly?

message 16: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

just as a pet, ally, companion, and battle partner.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» What are the species?

message 18: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Check Races. Its what the creation topic says.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Oh duh, thanks. (Sorry, I must have left my brain at school over the break.)

message 20: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

I feel the same way. Ready to Roleplay?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Not quite, still working on my characters. Soon, though!

message 22: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Any hints?

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Hmm... Nope! They will be surprises. :)

message 24: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Grr... AMIR FILLED WITH TENTION!

message 26: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments Patience is a virtue. Especially on Goodreads. It is also one that I lack. XD

message 27: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Wow, I thought you would have applied for moderator by now, Sage.

message 28: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» (last edited Jan 05, 2013 05:41PM) (new)

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Question on all of the staffs except quarterstaff, and then
Battle Robes
Leather Armor
Cast Iron
Steel Body
Plate Body
and
Tower Shield
Large Shield
Small shield
Buckler Shield
Battersea Shield
Curtain shield
Kite shield
Heraldic shield.

With the small and large shields, what are they made of?

message 29: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Small sheilds are usually wood and steel, large are steel.

message 30: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Plate body: Plates of iron wielded together

Steel body: Armor made of steel, completely.

Cast iron: Armor specialty designed lighter, but flexible and easy to dent.

Battle Robes: Robes that are light and airy, made of linen/cotton to enable maximum magic. Also durable.

Leather: Armor made of leather ((No offense, but duh.))

Bone staff: A Staff made of bone ((Above message)), with a skull open-jawed at the top ((Above message, much less strong))

Quarterstaff: Two handed staff.

Mystic staff: A staff with a magic tool ((e.g orb, blade, gem))

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» message 6: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§»
Wait... Would I put Archmage in rank (sorry, I got tired of the double-parenthesis.) even though he is not affiliated with either side right now?

message 7: by Amir is a ßø≤≤
He can be good and evil as an archmage. An archmage. is a really strong wizard.

message 8: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§»
Okay. So rank, you don't necessarily mean as in the war? (That's what it implies because it has general and other things like that in there.)

message 9: by Amir is a ßø≤≤
I'm general and in the war.

message 10: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§»
Yes. So that's why it's confusing, because it looks like ranks in an army.

message 11: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter
Well, most are, but that still your rank outside of war, no?

message 12: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§»
Is it? Even if you're not participating in the war?

message 13: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§»
(I enjoy nit-picking and fine-tuning things. I apologize if it is driving you nuts.)

message 14: by Amir is a ßø≤≤
Only slightly. I have zero patience, but luckily I am online. You feel no wrath :)

If you're not in the war, you can still be an archmage, but not something war related, like general or leuitenent.

message 16: by s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§»
Okay, that makes sense. Thank you!

message 32: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 48 comments Anyone ALIVE????