The Never War discussion

Blythe > Mount Sidth

Comments Showing 1-50 of 123 (123 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (last edited Dec 18, 2012 08:47PM) (new)

Amir is a ßø≤≤ | 172 comments Mod
The largest mountain in a thousand leagues, it is used as training grounds, vacation spots, and protection in war.

message 2: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (last edited Dec 18, 2012 08:53PM) (new)

Tempus walked grandly up the mountain, using the sudden winds to carry himself up and fire to destroy and melt unfathomambly large projectiles hurtling down the mountain. He was mad that a hoard of Nightmayres made a nest at the beak of the snowy mountains, even though they hated the cold. When Tempus blasted a fireball at the sky, the colision with the fire and the cloud illuminated the sky. Nightmayres were shoving the large rocks down, and they seemed to be fine with the cold. What sorcery is this? he thought.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Can I say Niran is currently employed by the Blythes?))

message 4: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((Blythes? If you mean the king, then ok. But put it on "other"))

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Sorry, my bad. Yes. I will add that to the profile.))

Out to clear her head, Niran Aleta was found hiking up Mount Sidth, a set expression in her dark eyes and purpose in her step. The sky was a funny color on this night, seeming to glow orange at times, but she didn't think much of it. As she continued to climb, the scent of smoke filled her nose, and she slowed her ascent. She could hear the sound of falling rocks above her, but she didn't have a clear line of sight through the trees to see anything. Her mouth tugged downwards in a concentrated frown, and she again resumed her climb.

message 6: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

5 rocks fell, and Tempus used wind to send them behind him.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» A number of large rocks came tumbling towards Niran and she was forced to throw herself sideways in order to avoid their crashing fall. Moving more cautiously, she continued up the mountain, hoping to find the source of this chaos.

message 8: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Tempus was struck by snowball and fell. Using air to straiten himself, he found himself in front of a girl.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» A man fell and landed in front of her, straightening himself in mid-air with what she could only assume was magic. She stopped walking, overcome by a strange feeling. One hand found itself on the hilt of her sword, and she drew it a few inches from its scabbard.

message 10: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Tenpus noticed the movement, and flipped back. He drew his longsword, Zion, and channeled his power through it. It lit ablaze, with a swirling whirlwind of wind, water, and ice around it. It sparked. "Who are you? Who's side are you on? And I can sniff out lies." His heart of dreams could actually do that.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Niran's face darkened, and she pulled her sword from it's sheath to hold it before her. "The war?" She scoffed at his question. "I care nothing for your wars." She did, a little, but her statement was very near the truth.

message 12: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Tempus's heart skipped a beat, but very slightly. He let it go, and sheathed it, ending its power display. "Then I have no need of you and will be off. Unless, Of course, you fight the Nightmayres?"

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Nightmayres? Here? Of course they would be the cause of this chaos, but she hadn't expected to find them so close to home, not so soon after the knights had gone around the nearby area to eradicate any Nightmayres they could find.

Niran realized she'd allowed herself to be distracted by her thoughts, and posed the man a question, though her sword still remained in her grip. "What brings them here?"

message 14: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"I don't know! The king just sent a team to purge them from here, and they never come to such a cold are, and never the peak. After they appeared, the King sent me to deal with it. I tried contacting Aeter, but he was blo-" he slapped a hand over his mouth. He just revealed the Forgopath.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Niran blinked, and her sword lowered slightly. Her dark eyes had gone a little wide, and she seemed almost stunned. "What?"

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Does Tempus also work for the King?))

message 17: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((More like friend, but sometimes he does))
"Nothing. You heard, saw, and will say nothing! Now, coming or not?" he trudged on up.

((U gonna make a Forgopath?))

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Yes, I have one in the works.))

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Niran shrugged. She did not work for him. Still, the king would want the issue taken care of, and he was the one paying her. "Might as well," she said with a small sigh, following the unusual fellow up the mountain. She kept her sword out, staying silent as she signed.

message 20: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Tempus took out Zion, pointed, and shot out a lightning bolt that hit the peak. "Follow the smell of ozone." he said, trudging on. He resumed melting and bashing rocks and snow that the chaotic creatures loosed.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Niran followed in his wake, dodging the odd piece of debris. This was not exactly how she had imagined her day turning out. "Do you know why they are doing this?" The Nightmayres were not idiots. There had to be some reason for this behavior.

message 22: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"Nope. No clue," he said brightly, smashing a large boulder. He swept his hand, ans the air shifted around them, bending the light and making them invisible. "This is why I said follow the smell," he said, knowing he would be invisible to her.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» "Trust me," she replied, his scent clear in her mind. "I won't lose you." She dodged a boulder and raced slightly ahead, sheathing her sword as she went. "Just make sure to keep up." She bounded upwards, not at a full tilt, but at a fairly rapid pace. She could almost see the top of the mountain, where a group of Nightmayres had clustered.

message 24: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Tempus smiled, and the wind picked up. He shot forward on the air, dispelling his illusion and speeding next to the woman, "Ill manage, Ms..."

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» "Narin," she said, after a moment's hesitation. She picked up her speed, only coming to a halt when she was a few hundred yards from the Nightmayres at the top.

message 26: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"Wing... have a problem with flying?" he said, sending wind behind them. He flew a few feet up and blasted a fireball in an arc that hit a Nightmayre and crisped it.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Is he saying that "Wing..." as his name or how does he mean that?))

message 28: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((Your name. Winged fire. He knows most languages))

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Haha, okay.))

Niran frowned at him, not following. "I wouldn't know." She drew her sword and advanced towards the Nightmayres.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Not at all! Come join!))

message 32: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

The Nightmayres growled. "Find the wizard!" one yelled.

Tempus smiled. "Want to find out?" he said, gathering energy. Zion was held in front of him.

((The Nightmayres are Idle charries, but I wont post them in the topic because were going to kill them. BTW did you read the announcement?))

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((About the guilds?))

"I'll pass, thanks," Narin replied, her voice dry. She gave the sword a suspicious eye, and continued. "Just don't hit me with your magic."

message 34: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((ya))
Tempus said nothing. He hurtled the last few meters, and engaged battle with the Nightmayres.

((I'm going to be of for maybe an hour/ half you))

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» ((Yep.))

Now Narin wished she had brought her battle sword. Granted, she hadn't expected to partake in a battle this afternoon either. She charged forward into the fray and joined into the chaos that was their battle.

♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯  (darkskies) | 17 comments Karou had heard a rumor of a Nightmayre nest and decided to give it a visit. But she hadn't exactly expected the battle to start without her. Yet, a battle is a battle and Karou wasn't going to miss this one.

"Come on," She said to Crylle, her little floating charge. She grabbed the Corvenus strapped to her back with one hand as she crouched and touched the earth with her other hand. Her energy connected with the Earth, and Karou was ready to battle.

message 37: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

(( Took longer than expected))

Tempus engaged battle with a particularly large Nightmayre. He seemed to be their leader.. He slashed with Zion, and blasted him with bolts of lighting.

The Nightmayre shrugged the lightning off and parried, using his own sword. "Ha! Puny human!" he said, slashing.

Tempus took out his dagger and put it behind Zion, adding leverage to the heavy blade. He crossed them in an X shape, witch blocked the slashes with ease.

"Bah! You think you can use that trick on me?!" the Nightmayre thrusted strait, leaving Tempus with no leverage.

Tempus used only Zion to deflect the blade, but as it slid, it caught his arm and left a shallow cut.

With no counterforce, the Nightmayre leader stumbled, and Tempus used the dagger to cut his hamstring. The Nightmayre fell on anguish.

Tempus conjured an earthern cage, and trapped the Nightmayre. "I am no ordinary human," he spat, then joined the others.

♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯  (darkskies) | 17 comments Karou applied more force on the hand with which she was connected with the Earth. An earthquake shook the ground before her, taking many of the Nightmayres by surprise. With a call for Crylle to make her move, Karou ran headfirst into the battle. The moment she reached the first few Nightmayres, the length of her Corvenus lengthened as the the rod extended. Jumping, she twisted her blade in the air and slayed the first one.

Crylle floated over a few Nightmayres, imagining fire. Before she could blink, they caught fire. Fire would wear off soon, if she didn't concentrate hard. Crylle was not strong enough, but she was only serving as distraction until Karou takes the Nightmayres down herself.

message 39: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((oh, well))
Tempus slashed another one and dabbed two more. His dragon wreaked havoc on the Nightmayres.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Niran slashed—well, hacked—at the Nightmayres around her, sustaining a few minor cuts as they fought back. With them spread out, she had room to move, to dodge their attacks, but if it became any much more crowded, she would be in trouble. She just hoped that wouldn't happen.

♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯  (darkskies) | 17 comments Karou ran towards the Nightmayres that Crylle had set fire to and started slaying them.

message 43: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

((Sorry, busy... + from 5 to 8 on Fridays, Ill be off))
Tempus cleaved another five Nightmayres, and a few retreated into an abyss. "A hideout!" he shouted, running through. "Make sure the leader is trapped!" he bellowed, taking his dagger and Zion out.

♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯  (darkskies) | 17 comments "And which one is the leader exactly?" Karou yelled back as she beheaded another Nighhtmayre. Even though she had yet to the see the guy who had shouted this, he was obviously against the Nightmayres. She could use a little help since Crylle wasn't going to be much help now.

message 45: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

"The one in the cage!" he yelled, beheading another group. He shot a lighting bolt at the cage, which absorbed and strengthened it.

message 46: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments *Xirael appeared on the mountain's peak will a small flash of light and raised an eyebrow as he watched the chaos unfold around him* "What the hell is this?" *He watched as sever beings fought and destroyed several demonic-looking beings* "Nightmayres? What are Nightmayres doing at the topic of a mountain in this region?"

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» Narin nodded as she identified the leader and leaped into the fray surrounding him. Every time her sword hit the cage, it would bounce off with a spray of sparks.

message 48: by Amir is a ßø≤≤, Aeter; Tempus, leader of the Earthern Army; Head moderator; (new)

Tempus slid down a sudden tunnel, coming to a dimly lit opening. He gazed, and found he was another a hundred feet in the air.

message 49: by Sage of Souls (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 66 comments *Xirael frowned* "I'm not a big fan of these demonic beings..." *He raised up Lyria and charged it with Light Essence and Fire, then swung it down quickly and struck it against the ground, sending an enormous sword beam flying down the mountain, leaving a wake of Fire behind it and striking hordes of Nightmayres, incinerating them with Fire and Light, and rushing past the three ((Tempus, Narin, & Karou)) non-Nightmayre beings as two of them ((Narnin & Karou)) fought against the Nightmayres and the other one ((Tempus)) as he disappeared beneath the surface*

♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯  (darkskies) | 17 comments Karou was a bit dazzled by the sword beam which gave a Nightmayre an upper hand and hit her. Karou went flying down. Cursing her curiosity, Karou went charging back. But this time, she went slashing in the direction of the cage.

« previous 1 3