Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Catastrophic History of You and Me
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg → Start Date: December 20th, 2012

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Maria and I will be starting this buddy read Thursday! Please feel free to join in if you can!!!

Angela | 17787 comments I have the book on hold, but it's probably not going to come before you guys start.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I have the book. If I finish Send Me a Sign and A Million Suns before the date, I'll join.

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Jump in anytime you guys!! i'd love for you to join us!

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments Can't wait!

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments About how many chapter or pages are we reading?

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments um, how many do you want to read?? I'm good with however many... It's my daughter's bday today too..so I won't be on very much today.

I read really quickly, so I can read a lot or I can take it easy and read just a few. I'm totally open!

Angela | 17787 comments Aw, Happy Birthday to her~! :D How old is she today?

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments she's 14!!! (I can't believe I'm the mom of a 14 year old! LOL!) She's my oldest ;)

Angela | 17787 comments She's not that far off from my age. ._.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Angela (: wrote: "She's not that far off from my age. ._."

lol!!!!!!!! :D

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Maria wrote: "About how many chapter or pages are we reading?"

okay, I grabbed the book. looks like there are 46 chapters.

finishing chapter 14 puts us at about 110 pages and at the beginning of Part III

if you want to read less, let me know.

if you want to read more, then reading through chapter 23 puts us about 1/2 way on page 185...

let me know, we can do more or less, either way

message 13: by Gisbelle (last edited Dec 19, 2012 07:57PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Trisha wrote: "she's 14!!! (I can't believe I'm the mom of a 14 year old! LOL!) She's my oldest ;)"

Happy Birthday to your teen :) Wish her the best!

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments I think 14 chapter would b good!Let see how we do with that.

Happy birthday to your daugther!

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments thanks! I let her know! I think she enjoyed her day ;)

alright, I'll check back in tomorrow after 14 chapters.
I think it will be good :D

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments This book is not at all what I was expecting. What do you think so far??

Angela | 17787 comments In a good way or bad?

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments It's okay.I like it.

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Angela (: wrote: "In a good way or bad?"

good. it's a tough topic to write about and, instead of being all series, it's actually pretty funny :)

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Maria wrote: "I think 14 chapter would b good!Let see how we do with that."

Okay, my goal tomorrow is to get to 223 and stop at Part 4: Bargaining

I hope you are enjoying it!

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments I was only able to get about 100 pages in yestday.I just read so slow.I am try yo catch up today.

Trisha are you enjoying the book?I am it's pretty good.

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yeah, it's good - I didn't expect this type of book to be so funny so that's a nice change... :)

We can do less pages today, if that makes it easier?? I only did about 100 pages yesterday too!!!

Do you want to maybe do like 50 today?? 147 has us at chapter 18...

just let me know! :)

message 23: by Maria (last edited Dec 21, 2012 10:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments Yeah that is good.I am at chapter 22 page 171.

I really do like it too how it's a sad topic but fuuny.I sure like Patrick's character.

We can do about 50 more pages tommorrow.I check back tomorrow and see what you think.

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, I've stopped at Section 5, page 292.

And Brie isn't really a very good person. wow....how far did you get?
It's kind of gone from funny to pretty sad....

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments Yeah I see why you can say that about Brie.

I somehow knew that maybe her dad was going to have someone else.

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know....but who he picked?! Pretty harsh!!!!

Yeah, Brie is kind of losing herself in the "revenge" part of it all right now. I'm hoping she starts to see reason soon.

I'll probably finish this book tomorrow. I'll check back in!

:)

Angela | 17787 comments I just got the book~ I'm about 30 pages in. I like it so far :)

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Angela (: wrote: "I just got the book~ I'm about 30 pages in. I like it so far :)"

Yay!!!! just keep popping in when you reach the big chapter points (when they specify Parts) and let us know what you think!

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments Yeah I might be able to finish tomorrow but Idk I come on Tuesday and see if we are done to see what we all thougth about the ending.

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Maria wrote: "Yeah I might be able to finish tomorrow but Idk I come on Tuesday and see if we are done to see what we all thougth about the ending."

no worries, it sounds like Angela just started so we have time.

I haven't finished it yet, but I'll make sure to stay mum about the ending until you guys are both done....

:)

Angela | 17787 comments I'm probably not going to finish this tomorrow, but who knows? I'm going to be out the whole day today and it'll be too late to read at 2 in the morning, so I'll have to see if I can finish it tomorrow. But tomorrow's Christmas. :o I'll have it done by/on Wednesday though. This book is really good!

Merry Christmas guys~! :D

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Merry Christmas to you too!!!!

No worries on this one, just finish when you can and we'll come back to chat about it!
I hope you have a safe trip!

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments Yeah I don' t think I will finish it today. Hope both of you have a great Christmas!!!Have fun!

Angela | 17787 comments Thanks guys :) You too!!

Angela | 17787 comments I finished this today. My review's up. I really liked this book, more than I thought I would.

Maria, did you finish?

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments Yeah I am finished I love it!!

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments Angela I read your review.Great review I can never write such great reviews like you I suck.

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! So we're all done!!

what did you guys think?? Favorite part?? What did you not like?

Let's discuss :D

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments I thought it was a very good book.Favorite part was the ending.I pretty much like everything.The book was sad at times but it was cute.

What about you guys?

message 40: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yes, I did like how the ending tied up the beginning - and her cause of death changed and she was able to patch up her mistakes...

I though the stages of death were really well done. and I thought her going through them was really well done, but I thought her going through all the revenge was just painful to read. i mean, I know it had to be in there and I know she needed to do it as part of her stages of grief...but ugh, it was so painful to watch her hurt her best friend and her exboyfriend....

I think my favorite part....although it sets her off, I thought the bonfire was a great tribute to her life.
But yeah, I liked the end best. When she got to come back and redo that day and change her mistakes. and then, of course, re-dying and making everything right :)

Angela | 17787 comments Sorry, I didn't see that you guys replied. There's something wrong with GR's notifications. ._.

@Maria - I liked the ending too, but I don't know if that's my favorite part.

@Trisha - Honestly, I didn't find her revenge all that hard to read. I didn't necessarily agree with it, but it was interesting to read. I really liked that she changed everything for the better. Jacob lived~ :D

Maria (pinklove_lovestoread) | 61 comments I thought the book was very well done.I am so happy I got to read this book as a buddy read!