The Host (The Host, #1) The Host discussion

What would you do if you found out the world was being taken over by mind-controlling alien parasites?

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't get myself checked for signs of psychosis/paranoid delusion (can't trust the doctors), so I'd just go all 'Matrix' on everyone.

MissJessie Just go outside let them in. Why fight it if it's not escapable?

Lizbeth I would start my own resistance from within. I would takeover my Alien Parasite and help others who are strong. Then we would overthrow the new government and take back the world.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Lizbeth wrote: "I would start my own resistance from within. I would takeover my Alien Parasite and help others who are strong. Then we would overthrow the new government and take back the world."

Woohoo! ;-p

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 29, 2012 09:03PM) (new)

MissJessie wrote: "Just go outside let them in. Why fight it if it's not escapable?"

Might as well go down fighting, right?
I'd die before submitting to any sort of invader, if nothing else to prevent them from having the satisfaction of me giving in. If anything, foreign or domestic, takes over the world and tries to enslave/kill me, I'm totally on board with the whole kamikaze thing.

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "I couldn't get myself checked for signs of psychosis/paranoid delusion (can't trust the doctors), so I'd just go all 'Matrix' on everyone."

I would hope you would be one of the first to go. then GR members may be able to get on with their day without having to read around your deliberately inflamatory nonsense.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "I couldn't get myself checked for signs of psychosis/paranoid delusion (can't trust the doctors), so I'd just go all 'Matrix' on everyone."

I wo..."

You suck.

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "I couldn't get myself checked for signs of psychosis/paranoid delusion (can't trust the doctors), so I'd just go all 'Matrix' on ..."

Wow, rated over 100 books and reviewed most of them and the most literate you can get to is 'you suck'

Don't_Trot_and_Text I would probably secretly order colored contacts (to look like the soul inhabited humans) and then go into hiding with my family and try to find more humans.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "I couldn't get myself checked for signs of psychosis/paranoid delusion (can't..."

I don't negotiate with haters.
I'm giving you the French "middle finger" with love.

message 11: by Nichola (last edited Dec 22, 2012 12:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "I couldn't get myself checked for signs of psychosis/paranoid..."

yet you go out of your way to stir up hatred, anger and debate? Your insults mean nothing to me, your trolling behaviour instantly puts you in my 'not important enough to care about' category. Maybe when you grow into a real live adult human being you could turn your efforts to working out where your anger is coming from and why making others argue and debate is the only way you can make yourself feel better?

BTW, look up the word 'negotiate.' There is no negotiation here just me calling you out on being a troll and you trying your best (and failing) to get under my skin. One last thing am I to assume your name change indicates an end to the trolling or are you merely trying to be more subtle with it?

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2013 07:05PM) (new)

Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "I couldn't get..."

1.) You cared enough to post multiple paragraphs about me.

2.) Why are you taking me so seriously?

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote:..."

OMG are you really that stupid? I can honestly say in my entire life I can count on one hand the number of people I have called stupid. I can say whatever I like, please don't presume to know me enough to think that you are relevant to me. You're not angry but you thrive on anger and using people? You're a walking contradiction.

message 14: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Wow... I guess the rest of us are missing something???

Michelle Medrano I will seek the company of a Morpheus!!!! lol

Nichola Katy wrote: "Wow... I guess the rest of us are missing something???"

The OP has decided that she has 'talents' in trolling and for a few days went about the forum deliberately annoying people and generally being nasty (she admits this in her last post if you read it.) Since then, she has decided, in her not so great wisdom, to openly acknowledge that she has created a second account purely to troll around on the boards because she doesn't want her hard work to go to waste by being associated with trolling. What an absolute genius!

Nellie ☾ I'd probably be one of the first ones caught xD Crazy but true

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2013 07:05PM) (new)

Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mad..."

Hmm...
Try re-reading everything I've said with a mildly amused tone of voice. ;]

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2013 07:06PM) (new)

Nichola wrote: "Katy wrote: "Wow... I guess the rest of us are missing something???"

The OP has decided that she has 'talents' in trolling and for a few days went about the forum deliberately annoying people and ..."

I think there's a difference between playful teasing and being nasty.
I don't see what's so bad about messing with someone's head a little bit... Loosen up a bit!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Nellie Odair Ψ wrote: "I'd probably be one of the first ones caught xD Crazy but true"

If I got caught, I would troll my alien with Nyan Cat en loop until it tried to end its own miserable life.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "I will seek the company of a Morpheus!!!! lol"

Free your mind, Michelle, and take this suspicious red pill!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Now can haters go away and stop being annoying here?
All I'm asking for is simple politeness in a serious discussion... If you hate me so much, reply to the post that actually upset you rather than going off on an off-topic tangent.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Troll d'Internetz wrote: "Nic..."

I have no intentions of re reading anything you have written. I also have no intentions of 'co-operating' as you put it. When you're old enough to understand the difference between laughing at yourself and making other people deliberately unhappy I may take you seriously. The funny thing is you get a bit of grief on one of your threads and it's making you uncomfortable to the point where you're asking me to leave, yet you don't see the problem with your trolling. How can anyone take either of your profiles seriously after reading this? You know it's called trolling for a reason right?

The strange thing is i get the impression that behind all of this messing about is someone worth listening to, why drop to the level of trolling, what do you gain from upsetting others beyond a cheap thrill?

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2013 07:06PM) (new)

Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademois..."

Nah, I'm just finding your whinging a bit annoying and non-entertaining. I have no interest in wasting time on angry little whiners such as yourself. :o)

Please don't follow me around to insult me. It's rude and immature.

Ciao!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Can we all agree to stay on topic?

The next person to post an off-topic rant gets blocked. :)

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Can we all agree to stay on topic?

The next person to post an off-topic rant gets blocked. :)"

what you can give it but can't take it? Deal with your issues and grow up!

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 18, 2013 07:07PM) (new)

Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Can we all agree to stay on topic?

what you can give it but can't take it? Deal with y..."

Not at all. :)

Basic Internet Philosophy:
If you're entertaining, I'll respond.
If you're not, then I'll ignore you.

The fact that I've gone on this long goes to show that I find you mildly amusing.
If you want this to continue, say something worth listening to.

By the way, you sound like one of those people who always has to get the last word in...are you? If so, you're not going to come out of this easily! ;)

See you around!

Linda Ithought we were already LOL

message 29: by Katy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy Nichola wrote: "Katy wrote: "Wow... I guess the rest of us are missing something???"

The OP has decided that she has 'talents' in trolling and for a few days went about the forum deliberately annoying people and ..."

Uhhh that's messed up.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Katy wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Katy wrote: "Wow... I guess the rest of us are missing something???"

The OP has decided that she has 'talents' in trolling and for a few days went about the forum deliberately anno..."

Yes, eh aru ja desu oui...

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Can we all agree to stay on topic?

what you can give it but can't take ..."

Wow, enlighten me, which topic did i 'follow you to?' in your little world? Incidentally, what makes you think i'm angry?

Nichola Katy wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Katy wrote: "Wow... I guess the rest of us are missing something???"

The OP has decided that she has 'talents' in trolling and for a few days went about the forum deliberately anno..."

Quite, just not sure the OP gets it.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Can we all agree to stay on topic?

The next person to post an off-topic rant gets bloc..."

I'm impressed with your "convenient memory."
So I meet you on one discussion, then you show up on two of mine, saying that I'm a troll and also that you wish I would die. If that's not following, and angry following at that, I'm not sure what is...how I love Internet stalkers!

And thank you for confirming that you ARE one of those Last-Word people!
You just can't give up until you've had the final say. The fact that I'm saying this right now bothers you, and it won't stop bothering you until you satisfy your in uncontrollable desire to make just-one-more response! You're going to deny this, obviously, as all Last-Word people do, because you're scared that I and all who read this will now have power over you. Even if you try to stay away, you can't, because you can't resist the compulsions. You might pretend that this doesn't drive you completely insane, but it does, and you will respond eventually. Maybe you'll even shoot me an email instead, using that to pretend you're not giving in, because you just can't stay away.
As long as I keep posting, you'll never leave. I dare you to not make another post. But you can't. I can foresee this. ;)
Looks like I have a new pet! =^.~=
Don't worry, I'll make sure to feed you. In fact, I'm doing it right now.

Marie Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Can we all agree to stay on topic?

The next person to post an off-topi..."

You are AWESOME! My new best friend! (not litterally, I am not a stalker)

Catherine Dubois Difficult to know what to do! i keep my independence of thought, or, sink into a world of planitude.
I think I have the strength to keep my choice of life, but I do not close the door of knowledge, and I want to have friends like GABY and ROTT.

Nichola Pmpl, I love how you think you know me. I love that you think you can predict my behaviour and im highly amused that you think your words can manipulate me. Sweetheart, if you show up all over the popular threads attempting to troll some attention then yes, you will see the same people time and again. If it makes you feel special to think I follow you then thats ok, go ahead. I have your age down at about 14 but immature for that so I know how unsettling and insecure life can be at your age, may even explain why someone spends 3years as your average person but resorts to attention seeking. Poor you :(

Marie Nichola wrote: "Pmpl, I love how you think you know me. I love that you think you can predict my behaviour and im highly amused that you think your words can manipulate me. Sweetheart, if you show up all over th..."

Ummm hello. You did exactly what she said you would. I truly mean no offense ( because i don't want to get into some internet feud between strangers just because I like all of the smackdown speeches I read) but my advice is to not respond to taunting. I say that to the both of you. Call a truce or something. I apologize for the intrusion but your bickering is polluting a perfectly good forum and while I enjoy the show immensely, I would appreciate it if you took it elsewhere.

message 38: by Nichola (last edited Dec 30, 2012 08:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nichola Marie wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Pmpl, I love how you think you know me. I love that you think you can predict my behaviour and im highly amused that you think your words can manipulate me. Sweetheart, if you sho..."

Yet you just did get involved?

With regards to doing what she said I would, the OP is showing more of a petulant teenage mentality. If she writes it and I do it she believes she has 'won' some imaginary teenage battle, If she writes it and I don't do it she believes she influenced my behaviour by 'stopping me' from posting. That's why, for the most part, I have ignored any feeble attempts at insults and/or threats.

Marie, I have no argument with you i'm not sure why you waded into a spat that exists on one thread.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Nichola wrote: "Pmpl, I love how you think you know me. I love that you think you can predict my behaviour and im highly amused that you think your words can manipulate me. Sweetheart, if you show up all over th..."

Hahahahahahahahahaha.....
Just as I expected. Too painful for you to stay away so you HAD to make just-one-more-insult! Trust me, I see people like you everywhere, so I know the drill. Your moves are so hilariously obvious....I foresee you getting worked up, denying that you're mad even though you are, hastily typing up a rant on how I'm not controlling you, and then calling me an idiot again because you can't think of anything better to do other than insult now that we both know that I'm sitting on you with the controls.

The arrogance and folly of Internet folk never fail to entertain me. ;]

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Nichola wrote: "Marie wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Pmpl, I love how you think you know me. I love that you think you can predict my behaviour and im highly amused that you think your words can manipulate me. Sweethea..."

Apparently, she knows how much fun I'm having and wants to join in!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Pmpl, I love how you think you know me. I love that you think you can predict my behaviour and im highly amused that you think your words can manipulate me. Sweetheart, if you sho..."

Sweet! Will you play ref?
I can't make a proper show of an Internet pretender without a decent audience and a few judges....

Nichola Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Pmpl, I love how you think you know me. I love that you think you can predict my behaviour and im highly amused that you think your words can manipulate me. Sweetheart, if you sho..."

lol, ok I will let you go on thinking that, it clearly makes you feel so much better. I'm off to more amusing threads. The funny thing is, you're projecting your insecurities on to me and have no idea that you're doing it. You accuse me of being the one who has to have the last word yet I see no sign of you letting up. You think you're in control but can only make yourself feel better by attempting to make others feel bad? That isn't control it's desperation. You read one thing and interpret it into something it wasn't most likely because of the way you feel about yourself. Baby, you're not any different from any other petulent teenager on any other forum who believed herself to be of superior intelligence but is stupid enough to admit she's a troll. Whatever or whoever it is that's making you feel so bad, you need to address it as opposed to taking out on people on the internet.

I wish you the best of luck with that.

message 43: by Leah (new)

Leah I would hide with all the idiots. No minds = no parasites. Simple.

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 02, 2013 08:02PM) (new)

This is an argument? 8D

Trust me, I've got trapping people in long obnoxious conversations down to an art form. It's my third best Internet skill, after memorizing wikis and stalking.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Nichola wrote: "Mademoiselle Catherine le Ninja Coréen wrote: "Can we all agree to stay..."

It's okay, I love stalkers!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Ding dong, the rhymes-with-witch is dead!

Now we can all actually stay on topic!
*happy dance*