Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > acceptability of ebook covers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim (timtoo) | 1 comments I see posts of people taking covers from ebooks and uploading them, so I assume it is an acceptable source. Could we get some sort of official word on this?

Also, assuming it is acceptable, could the librarian manual be updated to say so?

message 2: by ❂ Murder by Death (last edited Dec 18, 2012 01:55PM) (new)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) I'm not official, but if you own the ebook, then grabbing the cover from the ebook file and uploading it is considered acceptable (just the same as if you scanned a physical book cover).

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 18, 2012 02:34PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I think it was officially said that "yes" that was acceptable. I'll see if I can find the link to the right thread. Goodreads is telling me that search is unavailable right now.

I have been doing that for ebooks I own. (If publisher or author has a blog or website with book cover, that's usually easier and quicker; but, if not, I'll screenshot in the ereader app myself and use).

message 4: by Banjomike (last edited Dec 18, 2012 02:51PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Debbie (Debbie Rice) wrote: "I think it was officially said that "yes" that was acceptable. I'll see if I can find the link to the right thread."

There is this one from Rivka.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...