2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Nikki's 30 in '13 challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (dancernl) I completed 25 in 2012, and this time I'm going for 30 in 2013!

message 2: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (dancernl) Here's my list so far...
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
The Dog Stars by Peter Heller
The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
All four of the Oxford Time Travel series by Connie Willis
The Gate Thief by Orson Scott Card
Ruins by Orson Scott Card
Ransom River by Meg Gardiner

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (dancernl) Just finished the January group read! Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Book Store. Loved it. Now still need to finish up The Dovekeepers (which won't count since I started it in 2012) and move on to The Weird Sisters.

message 4: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments Nikki I read your comment about the Dovekeepers. I, and I know quite a few others, count a book if you start it in one year and finish it in the next. I count it in the year that I finished. Just something to think about if you are short on books for your challenge. Good luck!

message 5: by Nikki (last edited Mar 01, 2013 06:07AM) (new)

Nikki (dancernl) Thank you Alison. It did end up in my official counter, but in my mind it was a 2012 book :)

I finished The Weird Sisters, then moved on to To Hell With Love by Sherri Browning Erwin, Ender's Game (February buddy read) by OSC and The First Prophet by Kay Hooper. Just started The Good German this week. I'm up to 6 books and am 2 books ahead of schedule!

message 6: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (dancernl) Gah, I'm stuck in a rut trying to get through the last third of The Good German. The story has really stalled for me and I'm sick of it. I also got busy in real life and haven't had the time to read it other than a couple pages in bed before I fall asleep with my face on the pages. I am now 1 book behind schedule according to my counter. Booo.