Burned (House of Night, #7) Burned discussion

Do you like Stark? Why or Why not?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia (last edited Dec 18, 2012 09:59AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Olivia Parsons Just wondering what everyone else's opinion of Stark is. There are few characters I like to begin with in this series, but people often mention Stark as one they actually like. For me, I like Aphrodite, Darius, and in this book, Rephaim. But Stark isn't someone I particularly like, although I don't hate him with a burning passion like I do with Zoey. So do you like Stark? Why or Why not?

Jeni For me, it's not really a question of like or dislike, but whether I want to invest my time worrying about him. I'm not really blown away by the dimensions of any character in these books except Rephaim. He is the most intriguing in my mind.

Stark, for me, is just meh.

April I like Aphrodite, Stevie Rae, and Rephaim the most, but I do really like Stark as well! I think he is a cool character but I think that he is a little cheesy sometimes, though he is cool in my opinion.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 18, 2012 02:05PM) (new)

I love Stark! I just hate that he's with Zoey. He's so kind, caring, and pretty badass when need be, and she's, well....

Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's also really cute. ;)

Olivia Parsons Jeni wrote: "For me, it's not really a question of like or dislike, but whether I want to invest my time worrying about him. I'm not really blown away by the dimensions of any character in these books except R..."

I can totally agree with this. The only reason I finished this book was because I found Rephaim fascinating.

Olivia Parsons April wrote: "I like Aphrodite, Stevie Rae, and Rephaim the most, but I do really like Stark as well! I think he is a cool character but I think that he is a little cheesy sometimes, though he is cool in my opin..."

The thing is, for me personally, when he was first introduced into the series, I really liked him but then as the story progressed, I've begun to like him less and less. Especially in this particular book. I found him kind of annoying and whiny. I think most of the dislike I have for him roots from my dislike for Zoey though. I think if he wasn't with Zoey and he was written into the story some other way besides being Zoey's boyfriend, I'd like him much better.

Maddie Olivia wrote: "April wrote: "I like Aphrodite, Stevie Rae, and Rephaim the most, but I do really like Stark as well! I think he is a cool character but I think that he is a little cheesy sometimes, though he is c..."

I agree, as soon as his background story was explained his entire character kinda changed and wasn't as complex. I do really like him though.

Maddie Olivia wrote: "April wrote: "I like Aphrodite, Stevie Rae, and Rephaim the most, but I do really like Stark as well! I think he is a cool character but I think that he is a little cheesy sometimes, though he is c..."

I agree, as soon as his background story was explained his entire character kinda changed and wasn't as complex. I do really like him though.

Siobhan I agree, stark's pretty meh. I like Damien most tbh.

Azira Ziara I like Aphrodite, Darius and Stark. But Stark shouldn't be the one who has to be with Zoey. Zoey is very... (How do I put this...) Out of it. She flits from one guy to another and she hurts every guy who became her boyfriend. Plus she cheated on Eric with Loren. Why should Stark be the one who gets hurt next?

Lilly france I Love heath, rephaim, kalona.... kalona sounds sooooo sexyyy!!! But I love how loyal heath is. Although he doesnt sound as cute being aurox :/ ..... and I love Aphrodite. I love her cocky attitude. Shes funny, bitchy, but so kind hearted on the sly :D ..... zoe and heath are meant for each other. Starks to possessive in my eyes :/ xxx

message 12: by Iris (last edited Sep 10, 2014 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Iris I don't like Stark, mainly because he was going to rape that girl. It left a strong distaste in my mouth. Then he whines like Erik did and thinks he's hot shit because of his bow when really he's just a boy in over his head who, quite frankly, I think does not deserve Zoey. (Not that I like her much anyway.)

The only guy I did like was Heath and we lost him. Sigh. Darius gets props for loving Aphrodite, the only good character in the whole of the series.

message 13: by Ali (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ali Harper P.C and Kristen Cast have a rare ability to introduce these seemingly ridiculously handsome characters as love interests for Zoey who at first seem perfect and too good to be true...which they usually are as Eric turned out to be a weasel, that professor Loren or something as an evil douchebag who just used and abused her and then there's Stark the opportunistic potential rapisy with a magic bow and arrow. Super. At least we knew from the beginning that Heath was a brainless but nonetheless loveable (albeit a tad bit annoying) boy, and that Kalona was an asshole from the start too.

In conclusion to my rant:
I don't like any of the guys in the series anymore sadly although somehow Aphrodite is my have now!

message 14: by Ali (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ali Harper *rapist
*fave

This is what happens when you type at four AM