Adventures With Words discussion

The Hobbit

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob (robchilver) | 19 comments Mod
With The Hobbit now in cinemas, have you seen it and what did you think? Can it like up to the book? The Hobbit

message 2: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ I was reluctant to watch it because I feel like three movies for one novel is really milking the audience for money. But my husband has seen it and now owns it on DVD so I got sucked in one afternoon. It is impressive cinematically, but I will not invest the time to see the other two.

message 3: by Rob (new)

Rob (robchilver) | 19 comments Mod
We've seen the first two now and they got progressively worse. They no longer feel like a kids book at all ;-(

message 4: by Terri-Jane (new)

Terri-Jane (terrijane) | 1 comments I've not seen either of the films yet, but I do plan to. I'm just kind of unsure how they've managed to stretch out The Hobbit into the same amount of film as the entire LotR trilogy...

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Terri-Jane wrote: "I've not seen either of the films yet, but I do plan to. I'm just kind of unsure how they've managed to stretch out The Hobbit into the same amount of film as the entire LotR trilogy..."

That's the problem really - you can easily condense something down but bulking up such a short book? Tricky...