Science and Inquiry discussion

Recent Releases > 'Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder' by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Thibeault (thebookreporter) | 95 comments Just finished reading the new book by Nassim Nicholas Taleb called Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder. Taleb makes the case that complex systems (including the body, technology, businesses, the economy, politics etc.) benefit when they are allowed to unfold organically and with a measure of randomness, as opposed to being designed in a top-down, formulaic way (though it is the spirit of the age to think otherwise). It’s a very intriguing point of view. I’ve written a full executive summary of the book available here: http://newbooksinbrief.com/2012/12/17...

Cheers,
Aaron

message 2: by Leonardo (new)

Leonardo Noto (leonardonoto) | 113 comments I heard an interview with him speaking about this book on NPR about a week ago. Sounds like a very good book and I look forward to reading it.

message 3: by Betsy, co-mod (new)

Betsy | 1659 comments Mod
He did an interview on The Cycle on MSNBC this week. It sounds very interesting.

message 4: by David (new)

David Rubenstein | 859 comments Mod
Sounds like a very interesting book. I enjoyed Taleb's The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable, so I've put it on my "To-Read" list.