Books + Movies + Tv Shows = Awesome!!! discussion

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Visual Companion
This topic is about The Hobbit
Coming soon! > The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L (new) - rated it 4 stars

L "I am going on an adventure!" cried Bilbo Baggins, as he ran in persuit of the group of Dwarves led by none other than Gandalf the Wizard...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is in Cinema's NOW!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Have you seen the film? What did you think...

message 2: by L (new) - rated it 4 stars

L (I thought that it was AMAZING!!!! and if anything even better than 'The Lord of the Rings' if that is possible?!)

message 3: by L (new) - rated it 4 stars

L Alexis wrote: "Just my opinions, though--I'm glad you liked it, Lucinda."

Personally i keep the books & films seperate, as Tolkien's vision i feel was different to Jackson's - a LOT different.

Anyway, as a fantasy film it was very good and i was a bit over excited as this is the first film i have ever seen in 3D. I do agree though that parts were for adults only (such as the realistic battle scenes) and other parts were for all the family. Also the 'skinny' dwarves did NOT look like dwarves really...but never mind! I am just excited to explore more of Middle-Earth on screen that we have not seen before so i am very happy :)

message 4: by Elevetha (last edited Dec 22, 2012 11:19AM) (new)

Elevetha I LOVED IT!! It was amazing. Bloody brilliant. Martin played the role to PERFECTION. Richard did a fantastic job. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

If I had a complaint it would be that some things were different.

For example:

Radagast meets them at in Rivendell, at the White Council, not on the run.

And Azog. He was dead by the point that the Hobbit took place. At least if they had used Bolg, it would have made sense.

But I love to bits the fact that PJ is using backstory and things you would only know from the histories. I love that he is incorporating that. Esp, since he won't get to do any other movies for just the histories:(