Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > First Book to Read in 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Dec 17, 2012 11:42PM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It may sound a bit weird to some of you (or maybe most of you), but I always start new year only with the book I really, really want to read. Maybe based on the covers or the authors.

This year, 2012, I started with Romero (The Moreno Brothers, #4) by Elizabeth Reyes because I loved Elizabeth Reyes.

Now I am not 100% sure what to read first in 2013. I think I may read either Fallen Too Far (Fallen Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines or Rules of Negotiation by Inara Scott

What is your plan?

message 2: by Alice (new)

Alice Obermeier  (espritouvert) I just finished Ashfall and I loved every bit of it!

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I think I may read What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang for my first book of 2013! I am not positive yet but I really want to read it and based on reviews I've heard I think it would be a great way to start off the new year!

message 4: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1650 comments Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto
I have that buddy read january 3rd :)

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (Kitkatscanread) (kitkatscanread) I have soooo many. Cannot possibly list them all!! But it will prob include:
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Fault in Our Stars by John Green & Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie etc

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Katie wrote: "I have soooo many. Cannot possibly list them all!! But it will prob include:
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin [bookcover:The Fault in Our Sta..."

Ahhh! From what I've heard you are going to have a great start! I am currently reading BC and Matched and am enjoying them both. I've heard tons and tons of great things about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and I read TFIOS during the summer and it's one of my favorites. :D Hope you like them as much as I did! I really want to read Mara Dyer so I'll probably buy it after Christmas and read it late January/ Beginning of February! *excited*

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (Kitkatscanread) (kitkatscanread) Jacquelyn wrote: Ahhh! From what I've heard you are going to have a great start! I am currently reading BC and Matched and am enjoying them both. I've heard tons and tons of great things about The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and I read TFIOS during the summer and it's one of my favorites. :D Hope you like them as much as I did! I really want to read Mara Dyer so I'll probably buy it after Christmas and read it late January/ Beginning of February! *excited*"

Omg I know right!! I've heard so much hype about books like these, I'm just like, "I MUST READ!!" O_O
Plus the new BC movie is out next year. Have to read that before it comes out!!

Can't wait to start on them =D

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 322 comments I'm probably gonna read Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4) by Jennifer Estep :) It's still pending in my library so i wld be able to get by the end of nxt wk :(

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (simplysarah13) | 315 comments I don't really have a set book I want to read for 2013. I do, however, have a medium-sized list of books that I want to read on my Christmas break that could carry into 2013. :D

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sarah wrote: "I don't really have a set book I want to read for 2013. I do, however, have a medium-sized list of books that I want to read on my Christmas break that could carry into 2013. :D"

sounds great :)

message 11: by Olga (new)

Olga Miret (goodreadscomolganm) I have a long list of books to read and a script from a filmmaker and friend...I'll update when I know how much I've managed to read before. 'Road to Charlie' or 'the Undeparted' are likely candidates...

message 12: by Olga (new)

Olga Miret (goodreadscomolganm) But I also have a few others...Oh, we'll see. So much to read, so little time!

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Olga wrote: "But I also have a few others...Oh, we'll see. So much to read, so little time!"

I understand :)

message 14: by Paula (new)

Paula Arias (paulava25) | 9 comments have so many books i want read but first one will probably be Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles i've been dying to read it

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments what a great idea! I've never actually tried to make sure I start my new year with a good book, but that sounds like a great idea.

alright, I'm scouring my TBR pile next to my bed.
I'll update when I know ;)

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 19, 2012 11:34PM) (new)

Well, I'm on my school holiday summer break which is 7 weeks (I live in NZ so we have our summer break round Xmas) so I guess I have the books I got out from the school library. If I don't finish them before the new year - although I probably will :) then it would be City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare but if I do finish then I think I would quite like to start off 2013 with The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien followed by the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as I haven't read them yet. I also have Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie and The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson to read so I guess it will depend on what I feel like. What do you guys recommend I read to start 2013 on a positive note??? :)

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Looking good Jess. I think I am going to read The Hobbit soon as well. Maybe in the middle of January :)

message 18: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) Sarajayne wrote: "Hmmm, I think it might actually end up being Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I'm on the hold list at the library but they haven't gotten their copies in yet."

SO GOOD. highly recommend :)

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Sarajayne wrote: "I check everyday to see if my hold is processing, but I'm still 9th in line :( "

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that checks on my library books EVERY DAY (although I'm still checking in on my status on the First of that series ;D)

I hope it comes in soon for you!!!!

message 20: by Katie (new)

Katie (Kitkatscanread) (kitkatscanread) You just have to hope there's 8 fast readers in front of you =P

message 21: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I might read Opal on the 2nd or 3 rd week. I want to read more contemporary in my first week of 2013 :)

message 22: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela  (galeanogabriela) | 1 comments Planning on reading The Fault in our Stars :)

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Gabriela wrote: "Planning on reading The Fault in our Stars :)"

Good plan :)

message 24: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracesoftracy) | 95 comments Unearthly and Before I Fall since they are both library books and I'm reading unearthly now and about to read before I fall for discussion(:

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Looking good Tracy. I am going to read The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) by Jessica Sorensen since it is also my book for the copycat challenge :D

message 26: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Before I fall will be one of the first few on my read shelf for 2013. I know I'll finish more books though between the first and the time when our buddy read starts! I'm excited to start off fresh with a new year! Hopefully a new year means another year filled with good books and maybe even the year that many good books are published:D

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I sure hope so too, J :)

message 28: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I have so many that I really want to read, so it's hard to pick one!! But I'll decide tomorrow. I love this idea!

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You know what Vic, I believe that if we start with a good book, it is going to be a good year :) I'm a bit superstition :P

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I think I'm going to read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I had no idea it was the #1 added book in 2012. fingers crossed it's good. I've read one of the author's other books and it was VERY good.

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It sounds like a good book, Trisha, but the cover is not very interesting. Let me know how it is, so I can decide whether to read it or not.

message 32: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gis, I'll start with a really good book then!

message 33: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments good luck Vic! :)

message 34: by Jay (new)

message 35: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished it yet Jay? I read book one last year, and it was too confusing for me.

message 36: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Finished it yet Jay? I read book one last year, and it was too confusing for me."

Yeah it was cool

message 37: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Good to hear that :)

message 38: by Janna (new)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments For my first book in 2013, I ended up reading Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
Let me tell you... What a way the start off the year!!!!! :D

message 39: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I have it in my TBR and I am going to read it in 2 weeks time :D

message 40: by Janna (last edited Jan 04, 2013 10:09PM) (new)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Oooooh! I hope you enjoy it! :D Let me know what you think! We can chat about it after!!

message 41: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sure :) I heard so much about it.

message 42: by Beatrice (last edited Jan 03, 2013 07:53AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) disregarding the Manga..
The first book I've read this 2013 was Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James .
what a start. xD

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I read Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles as my first book in 2013, and I am so glad I did because this book was amazing!!

message 44: by Kassi (new)

Kassi | 41 comments I read Siren (Siren, #1) by Tricia Rayburn . It reminded me of several stories I had read when I was younger. Really brought me back to my childhood! Good way to start the year. Read it if you haven't already!!

message 45: by Kassi (new)

Kassi | 41 comments Beatrice wrote: "disregarding the Manga..
The first book I've read this 2013 was Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James.
what a start. xD"

I am reading Fifty Shades Darker. I just had to know how it all ends ;)

message 46: by April (new)

April Renee (aprilina) | 86 comments My first book of 2013 was The Neverending Story! I finished it today! Let me just say it was the perfect book to start the new year off with.

message 47: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Kassi wrote: "I read Siren (Siren, #1) by Tricia Rayburn. It reminded me of several stories I had read when I was younger. Really brought me back to my childhood! Good way to start the year. Read it if you haven't already!!"

Great to hear that :)

message 48: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments April wrote: "My first book of 2013 was The Neverending Story! I finished it today! Let me just say it was the perfect book to start the new year off with."

Yes, I know that feeling :) Nothing is better than starting a year with a very, very good book :D

message 49: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Kassi wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "disregarding the Manga..
The first book I've read this 2013 was Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James.
what a start. xD"

I am reading Fifty Shades Darker. I just had to know h..."

I'm gonna read Fifty Shades Darker after reading The Edge of Never. :) I want to see if it gets any better or not.

message 50: by Haylee' Marie (new)

Haylee' Marie  (Beastly-Marie) | 105 comments first book of 2013 was the third book in the Collide series by Shelly Crane... Catalyst itching to get the last book

yesterday finished the book in a day.. immortal city by Scott peers I really loved the book but I am utterly fascinated with angels the whole process of wings.. uh... :) haha love love LOVE

« previous 1