What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Timecaster (Timecaster, #1)
This topic is about Timecaster
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci Fi Futuristic Novel, main character was a cop. There was a genetically created mini-elephant named Penis. The main character's wife was a legalized government sex-worker. first of a series [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sal (last edited Dec 17, 2012 07:44PM) (new) - added it

Sal (saldemonium) | 6 comments Okay, this summary is going to sound really, really strange.

I read a book a few years ago, and I can't remember the name of the main character, let alone the author.

Plot bits I can recall:

The main character was a cop.
There was a genetically created mini-elephant named Penis.
The main character's wife was a legalized government sex-worker.
Sex-workers didn't kiss clients.
He went looking for info in a slum-like area and got in a fight with a huge guy, who his Buddy stabbed in the ass to try and save him.
The bad guy blew up Iowa, I think.

Like I said, it sounds strange when you lay it out like that, but I'm hopeful someone will know what the heck I'm talking about.

Thanks! C=

message 2: by Guillermo (new)

Guillermo   | 4 comments Jesus Christ! Is this a real book or are you pulling our chain? That sounds like a bad LSD trip.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
hmm...Timecaster?

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments I was looking for that title soooo hard, I read this, it was a blast :)

message 5: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Hahaha @Guillermo. My first thought was the same: no way this is a real book! But I did a little searching and Timecaster has sci-fi cops and miniature elephants, so.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 221 comments It's got them all, great laugh out loud moments, and still a good story...I don't really like books that *try* to be funny, but i loved Timecaster.

message 7: by Sal (new) - added it

Sal (saldemonium) | 6 comments Andria wrote: "hmm...Timecaster?"

Oh man, that's it! Thank you SO much! it was driving me crazy trying to remember it!

message 8: by Sal (new) - added it

Sal (saldemonium) | 6 comments Guillermo wrote: "Jesus Christ! Is this a real book or are you pulling our chain? That sounds like a bad LSD trip."

I know, it sounds so crazy when you lay it out like that! But it was a funny book. C=

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments The imaginations of authors lol.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1729 comments Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "The imaginations of authors lol."
Who're on bad LSD trips... ;)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Timecaster (other topics)