Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > This one will need a lot of help: Lots of books needing to be fixed!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

To avoid dueling librarians, I suggest someone start on page 1, someone on page 3, etc.

message 2: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 18, 2012 10:34AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Looks like I'm hitting a lot of audio books with translator actually being narrator.

Publisher Recorded Books website when you hit browse for books search, as an example, leads me to this site if it helps anyone else http://www.simplyaudiobooks.com/proce...

They do seem all need to move secondary author up, delete the "null", add translator as narrator, then delete translator.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Debbie (Debbie Rice) wrote: "Looks like I'm hitting a lot of audio books with translator actually being narrator."

Actually, it looks like they are ALL like that.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Just a reminder for anyone working on this list: don't forget to combine the audio edition with it's mates once it's been fixed.

Just thought I'd mention it since I didn't remember until I'd done a dozen or so of them.... :(

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

❂ Jennifer wrote: "Just a reminder for anyone working on this list: don't forget to combine the audio edition with it's mates once it's been fixed."

Definitely preferable. The good news is, that even if you forget, it will now show up on the right author's combine page, so another librarian might see the stray editions and combine them.

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) Yes, I'm hoping for just that for the books whose titles I forgot. Some of them I remembered and went back to combine...

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Down to 685 books. Very impressive. Keep it up!

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Down to 485!

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17255 comments If only there were a way to add a role for secondary names and so on...

message 10: by Mauro (last edited Dec 25, 2012 04:48AM) (new)

Mauro (mauromdc) | 37 comments Down to 7 pages (350 books). Not all of them were fixed by me ;-)

(I started including descriptions from Worldcat, but stopped, nobody seems to be adding these editions and most of them were merged with more popular editions)

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Combined, not merged. But yes, they should pick up descriptions from other editions of their work once combined.

message 12: by Mauro (new)

Mauro (mauromdc) | 37 comments yep sorry, combined!!

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) (oosarahoo) | 124 comments Down to 214 books!

I've been adding descriptions to these editions just in case there is no default description from other editions.

message 14: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

If you're looking for info to add at the same time, many of them are on WorldCat, including number of hours -- which gets rounded up to be "pages".

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) (oosarahoo) | 124 comments Will do, many thanks for pointing this out!

message 16: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Fewer than 70 books left.

B)

❂ Murder by Death  (murderbydeath) And done. :)

message 18: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

*applauds*

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) rivka wrote: "If you're looking for info to add at the same time, many of them are on WorldCat, including number of hours -- which gets rounded up to be "pages"."

How do you round up to get pages?

message 21: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments We go by hours with audio books. So if an audio book is 7 hours 42 minutes we round up to 8 hours, which then becomes 8 "pages".

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Uh oh. I have not been doing that. But I do see it in librarian manual already when I looked. I've been just leaving blank but now I know.

message 23: by Mauricio (new)

Mauricio | 2 comments Hello to everyone, I have been adding some of my favorite books to my shelves and I found one with an incorrect ISBN. The book I was trying to find has the following ISBN: 978-849-679-177-0 and the title is: "El Alquimista" by Michael Scott. The problem is that this ISBN is currently associated in the site to another book called "Shibumi". I have checked over the Internet and found that the ISBN for "Shibumi" is: 978-849-694-012-3 and not the one that is currently associated with.

I hope you can change this information.

Thank you

message 24: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23234 comments Mauricio, fixed. You can add your book now :)

message 25: by Mauricio (new)

Mauricio | 2 comments Sandra wrote: "Mauricio, fixed. You can add your book now :)"

Thank you!

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna Renault | 4 comments HELP... I was uploading my books and realized I put the wrong title with the wrong isbn number and wrong book cover. I am also missing a couple of books covers.
How can I fix the mistakes on my bookshelf!??
HELP!

thank you.
Anna Renault

Author of:
Why did my dad get cancer? 9781484008768

Meet Mitzy, the Butterfly: The Environmentalist 9781482680553

Mitzy, the Butterfly: What's in my backyard? 9781484171141

Mitzy, the Butterfly: Look at the Trees. 9781484889268
60 pages

Mothers: A Collection of Poems 9781483953748
70 pages

My Competition Journal 9781490333021
33 pages

message 27: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 4882 comments Anna wrote: "HELP... I was uploading my books and realized I put the wrong title with the wrong isbn number and wrong book cover. I am also missing a couple of books covers.
How can I fix the mistakes on my boo..."

Hi Anna,
I think everything is ok now. Please verify and post back if there is still something that should be corrected or changed.

You can claim your author profile here:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/confi...

Read about the author program here:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/program

message 28: by Anna (new)

Anna Renault | 4 comments THANKS for the wonderful help! the bookshelf looks awesome... will continue to promote GOODREADS

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.