The Mortal Instruments discussion

City of Glass > Cookie - March

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) From CC - Remember when I said that in March there would be a tiny tiny cookie from City of Glass and that's it? Well, this is said tiny cookie. The last of the Mortal Instruments cookies, ever. On the other hand, the last book comes out in three weeks, so hey.

Cookie:

“I used to think being a good warrior meant not caring,” Jace said. “About anything, myself especially. I took every risk I could. I flung myself in the path of demons. I think I gave Alec a complex about what kind of fighter he was, just because he wanted to live.” He smiled, unevenly. “And then I met you.”

Who is Jace talking to? I think you can guess. And now:

From now on I will be posting cookies from the Infernal Devices on a monthly basis. Cookies are not posted on the first of the month or to any schedule, just whenever I manage to get to it. :)

message 2: by Panda (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments Ahhhhh OMG!
"And then i meant you"
>< *screams in delight*

has to be talking to Clary, as i said it's like putting oil on the fire!!! *BLAZE*

how jealous am i of those people that won that comp and GOT TO READ IT BEFORE US!!!

you know i once asked CC about her books and about Jace and Clary, she said "it would be very wrong to give up hope" i think she is one of the most down to earth authors next to Jennifer Crusie (my frist love)she always answers fan mail :)

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) OMG to get my hands on the ARC *begins to shake slightly*. Lucky lucky people.

CC did say "it would be very wrong to give up hope?" Really??

It would be right. Wouldn't it. I am a fan of True Love Wins In the End (with a twist or two thrown in, please). But it has to be True Love. Otherwise, death to them all. Mwaaaahahaha.

message 4: by Panda (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments Yes she did say that, still have the email. <3
she said that in response to me asking "please give me a hint, should i give up on Jace & Clary?" and she replied on my brithday! (was a very good brithday)

Me too i cant haddle un-forfilled love! an author would really have to have a strong gut to with stand the sickening gult of writing a sad horrible ending and causing all your fans to cry in hate, only such person with this gut to my knowlage is Danille Steel (Steel, as in heart of Steel),

CC is too nice too do that to her creations and to us...i hope

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) She is, thankfully, a very giving person. *fingers crossed for +++ resolution between J+C and at least one or two "really hot" scenes*

message 6: by Panda (last edited Mar 01, 2009 07:21PM) (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments LOL see i'm hoping they get stuck alone together and have like a night of giving in to temptation XD *scream!* wouldnt it be cool if there could just be a whole "confessions" chapter? where they were all alone and can atmit theire true feelings? <3

Heres to hoping!

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) I think she'll give us a good page for sure...the rest will be left to fanfics. But a night of "confessions" would be interesting especially, the way CC writes. Very interesting. Hmmm. *mind turns over possibilities*

message 8: by Panda (last edited Mar 01, 2009 07:34PM) (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments you know i really like the way she writes, it's never ever got a boring moment and its been well layered, nothing ever worth skipping, but one thing i notice...

why does every injury that anyone gets they tase blood???

by the 22nd time it became the funniest thing to me, doesnt matter how they got hurt, they always end up tasting salty blood, LOL so for CoG i want to see if she keeps this gum sickness going.

message 9: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) Or blood tasting like metal, iron in particular??

Don't know the answer but, every writer seems to have their one description that they love. In Twilight it was always the marble like coldness of Edward. LOLz.

I tend to skim over them. She also uses more similes than most but I like the way she deploys them. She tends to use them in unexpected ways so it makes it interesting rather than romance novel-ish.

message 10: by Panda (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments Q: what do you think was the better Audio Book CoA or CoB?

message 11: by Panda (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments Don't know the answer but, every writer seems to have their one description that they love. In Twilight it was always the marble like coldness of Edward. LOLz.

very VERY true, she had alot of them, like how Edward use to look at bella, ect...

I tend to skim over them. She also uses more similes than most but I like the way she deploys them. She tends to use them in unexpected ways so it makes it interesting rather than romance novel-ish.

i never notice that before, but i think CC was very witty compared with SM, she had alot more references in humour then in twilight which was a little more serious love. CC set the mood really well i think, even in times of real trouble they can still crack a joke.

example, Jace jumps off the building and lands safly infront of Clary "would you think i was (umm trying to remember) Lame if i said just thought i'd drop in"

message 12: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) I love her sense of humor most of all!

message 13: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) Pandaink wrote - Q: what do you think was the better Audio Book CoA or CoB?

Both are good. I've listened to all of COB and I'm just starting in on COA. Type A personality. I can't skip around when it's the first read-through or listen-through - LOLz. Sick, I know.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Its March!
Does that mean the books are released soon?
*Please say yes please say yes please say yes*

message 15: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) The last of the book of the trilogy, City of Glass will be released in 22 days -

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?...

message 16: by Rees (new)

Rees OH MY GOSH!!!
maybe that goes next to the cookie where Clary was sleeping and he came to her room and she was asking what was wrong. And he was going to tell her something but Clary say.."Don't."
WHAT IF!!

OMGGOOOSSSHHHHH

message 17: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral (sophieriggsby) I know, I know...I'm trying to sequence all the cookies, too...*squee!*

message 18: by Panda (new)

Panda (pandaink) | 84 comments OH-MY-GOD!