Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

What species would Renesmee and Jacob's children/child be?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 90) (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Laura Would they be 3 parts; vampire-human-wolf? If so, what's the name for that? How could they turn into a wolf and be a vampire?

message 2: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Laura wrote: "Would they be 3 parts; vampire-human-wolf? If so, what's the name for that? How could they turn into a wolf and be a vampire?"

that would be interesting to find out.

message 3: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i wondering what kind of name, would they name their kid?

Heather I was thinking this same thing the othere day :/

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

If they had a kid it would be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, and 2/4 human. It would probably be a blood sucking werewolf.

message 6: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Abby wrote: "If they had a kid it would be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, and 2/4 human. It would probably be a blood sucking werewolf."

lol yea that would be half or quarter of everything..

message 7: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia that would nice 2 know about,what kids grows up 2 be.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Peace wrote: "Abby wrote: "If they had a kid it would be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, and 2/4 human. It would probably be a blood sucking werewolf."

lol yea that would be half or quarter of everything.."

Yeah, but if you look at it that seems like the only logical explanation for what their child would be like.

Cassie I figure it would be more of a shifter/human than anything else.

I don't know why some say part human and part wolf. All the shape shifters are part human. None of them are "Full" wolves. Embry's mother didn't carry the gene since she wasn't even part of the tribe, yet Embry is just as much as a shifter than the others.

Anyways, I think it would be a normal shape shifter/human with very subtle vampire traits.

message 10: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Cassie wrote: "I figure it would be more of a shifter/human than anything else.

I don't know why some say part human and part wolf. All the shape shifters are part human. None of them are "Full" wolves. Embry's ..."

that true there..

message 11: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia so if the rest of the pack, where werewolves/human type thing that means ren kids would be quater of everything that put together..?

message 12: by Jeni (new) - rated it 1 star

Jeni The species question always throws me off for a couple of reasons.

The way I understand it, Supes aren't different species, they are humans with supernatural abilities.

Jake is human with shape shifting tendencies (he's not a lycan/werewolf, he's a shifter). Renesmee is human with vampire tendencies (she appears to be human but loves blood). Edward explains vampirism as an evolution of some type, so Renesmee would be one of these evolved humans.

Their children would be human. Those kids could take after mom or dad, just like all children born to humans. Maybe the kid would shift into a puppy or have marble skin. Maybe he/she would get all the recessive human genes and just be a Twilight Squib. It's hard to say since genetics seem random sometimes.

As a personal note: a vampire/lycan hybrid has been done before, to great effect, in the Underworld series. I think it's a pretty good idea she stopped where she did.

Isabel =) they children would be half wolf half human and half vampire

Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† hybrids ^_^

I'm thinking about Klaus from vampire diaries.

Although to keep it somewhat original. The kid can be able to transform into a werewolf and in natural form forever look like a human/vampire like Edward n the others.

message 15: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Anesha *Curious & Obsessive Bookworm* wrote: "hybrids ^_^

I'm thinking about Klaus from vampire diaries.

Although to keep it somewhat original. The kid can be able to transform into a werewolf and in natural form forever look like a human/v..."

that would be cool.

message 16: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia did it say in the book that ren was hybrid she is half human/vam type of thing?

Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm† Peace wrote: "did it say in the book that ren was hybrid she is half human/vam type of thing?"

Not a hybrid - that's werewolf and vampire mix. I think it was something to do with immortal? Not an immortal child though since those are vampires that are kids.

Though i know a dhampir is a vampire that's born of a human mother w/ a vampire dad

Angeline Joseph Maybe one of the wolf and vampire genes will be dominant,then it would't be that interesting so let's cut that idea. How about the children will be immortal,(not aging) and a wolf? Leaving out the vampire stuff but taking an aspect of it(the non-aging thing). That, I feel, is a bit more less disgusting and it'll be cool.

Angeline Joseph Peace wrote: "i wondering what kind of name, would they name their kid?"

They'll name him/her the mothers' names(if it's a girl) smashed together(Bella+ Sarah=Salla) or the fathers' names(Edward+Billy=Edly or Biward)

message 20: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Angeline wrote: "Peace wrote: "i wondering what kind of name, would they name their kid?"

They'll name him/her the mothers' names(if it's a girl) smashed together(Bella+ Sarah=Salla) or the fathers' names(Edward+B..."

that would be odd.

message 21: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia but was it something like carlie cullen at the end..

Angeline Joseph Peace wrote: "but was it something like carlie cullen at the end.."

because Bella was sure she was gonna have only one baby, they threw both the fathers' and mothers' name on one baby whereas I don't think Jacob and Renesmee are gonna have one baby because the baby won't harm Renesmee when it's in her womb which makes it possible to have multiple babies.

message 23: by Swathika (last edited Dec 15, 2012 02:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Swathika Manu a Homowolpire.:P

message 24: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Swathika wrote: "a Homowolpire."

now that is really odd name for kid like that. which i dont think that is name thuogh.

message 25: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia besides rennessmee Carlie cullen... i think that how they put it together..

Rel8tivity According to Meyer's reasoning, all it takes to breed is to have the same number of chromosomes. So any of their children would be... snails. Snails have 24 chromosomes just like Jake and Nessie.

:)

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood well if it was a wolf\vamp it would be called a werepier. and if it was wolf\human well then he\she would just be a shifer.

Ayesh Abby wrote: "If they had a kid it would be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, and 2/4 human. It would probably be a blood sucking werewolf."

yeah he's gonna be a blood sucking vampire.LOL

message 29: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Ayesh wrote: "Abby wrote: "If they had a kid it would be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, and 2/4 human. It would probably be a blood sucking werewolf."

yeah he's gonna be a blood sucking vampire.LOL"

or that he or she might be a shape shifter?

message 30: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia that would be interesting 2 see what type of kids, they would have. if it would be vamp/ werwolves.

Rel8tivity If they had a child, he/she would be totally conflicted. Werewolves and vampires are supposed to be natural enemies, so once the kid was old enough to phase...he'd keep trying to kill himself...

message 32: by Ree (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ree Rel8tivity wrote: "If they had a child, he/she would be totally conflicted. Werewolves and vampires are supposed to be natural enemies, so once the kid was old enough to phase...he'd keep trying to kill himself..."

I'd read that story! :D

Libbie I'm still wondering if everyone just skipped over the part in Breaking Dawn where Edward said that they are not werewolves, they are shapeshifters. Jacob is *no* part wolf.

Their child would be one quarter vampire, three quarters human and have a possibility of carrying the shape shifter gene.

Rel8tivity Libbie wrote: "I'm still wondering if everyone just skipped over the part in Breaking Dawn where Edward said that they are not werewolves, they are shapeshifters. Jacob is *no* part wolf.

Their child would be on..."

Part of the problem with pinning this down, is that Meyer was all over the map. It all depends on which part of her narrative you want to hang your argument on.

Jacob supposedly has 24 chromosomes. Carlisle couldn't resist checking when he was treating him after the newborn invasion in Eclipse. So according to modern science, Jacob is either a new species, or has a birth defect. Now considering some of the tribe do not phase, we'd have to consider this a birth defect. If that is the case, Jacob is full human.

According to the tribal legends related in Eclipse, Taha Aki spirit walked and merged with a wolf. Over time they spirit walked with wolves so much they took on wolf traits. This is more of a magic explanation, so then the tribe would be part wolf.

Personally, I don't pay much attention to the werewolf/shapeshifter distinction. I think it was just Meyer using a dumb plot device to weasel out of a confrontation, like the rest of the non-battle in BD. They were described and labeled as "werewolves" through most of the first three books. Then when Meyer needs to get out of a plot jam, she changes the definition at the end. This is almost, but not quite, as bad as her breaking the no baby rule. So I just say they're werewolves.

And in a way, that decision not to attack the wolves was out of character for Caius. If he hates werewolves so much (having almost been killed by one) and he's as amoral as he's been portrayed, he wouldn't have cared if they were shapeshifters. He'd have said, "Looks like a werewolf, smells like a werewolf, kills vampires. Kill 'em all!!" He was looking for excuses to attack the Cullens anyway.

message 35: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Rel8tivity wrote: "Libbie wrote: "I'm still wondering if everyone just skipped over the part in Breaking Dawn where Edward said that they are not werewolves, they are shapeshifters. Jacob is *no* part wolf.

Their ch..."

that is one long explantions there. very good point there.

message 36: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia if alice can see almost everyone,that includes the whole volirty(cant spell that 1) why cant she see Ren?

message 37: by Rain (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rain Seithr I see a tv series coming for twilight to answer questions...

message 38: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Rain wrote: "I see a tv series coming for twilight to answer questions..."

ok tks..

message 39: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia what tv series is that?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Abby wrote: "If they had a kid it would be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, and 2/4 human. It would probably be a blood sucking werewolf."

That'd be interesting. But is there enough human in her to make her compatible with the vampire's mortal enemy; the wolf? I mean, those vampire/human hybrids have a random possibility to carry venom. If Renesmee's child happened to have that venom, by random chance, and then crossed with the wolf genes...it'd be its own worst enemy. It would be an unnatural combination and the chance of death would be too great.

message 41: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Star wrote: "Abby wrote: "If they had a kid it would be 1/4 vampire, 1/4 werewolf, and 2/4 human. It would probably be a blood sucking werewolf."

That'd be interesting. But is there enough human in her to make..."

that is really good explantion there..

message 42: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Elizabeth wrote: "half human, quarter vampire, quarter werewolf"

their kid would be about quarter everything?

message 43: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia i wonder what kind name would they called there kids, when they get older.

message 44: by Phoebe (new) - added it

Phoebe Fitz-Gerald quatre vampire, half or full werewolf because of the genes...? :P

message 45: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Phoebe wrote: "quatre vampire, half or full werewolf because of the genes...? :P"

quit cool indeed.

message 46: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia if their kids (werwolf genes) is stronger then vamp in their system?

Jessica Human / vampire / werewolf

message 48: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Jessica wrote: "Human / vampire / werewolf"

it would be bit of everything, that he or she has..

message 49: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia quit cool.

Veronika Since Nessie is not venomous, stops aging at 17 or so, so she is like vampire girls, frozen, therefore I dont think she is able to have any babies.

« previous 1