Basically Books! discussion

Fifty/Fifty and other stories
This topic is about Fifty/Fifty and other stories
ARR-Completed-post review links > ARR # 74 - FIFTY/FIFTY AND OTHER STORIES by Matthew W. McFarland

Comments (showing 1-25 of 25) (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Dec 03, 2012 03:23PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) Fifty/Fifty and other stories by Matthew W. McFarlandMatthew W. McFarland

Genre: Fiction, short story collection

Book Description

Fifty/Fifty and Other Stories is a collection of eleven outstanding short stories by Northern Irish author Matthew W. McFarland.

In 'Fifty/Fifty', a policeman is called out to an attempted suicide on the iconic Forth Rail Bridge. His previous experience with 'jumpers' has led to one death and one life saved - his current record is fifty/fifty, but all that is about to change.

In 'Defenestration', a man is thrown from the twelfth storey of a building in mysterious circumstances. As he falls towards almost certain death, he contemplates his fate, killer whales, flying cats, and the untapped potential of the human mind.

In 'The Burning Bar', a man enters a burning building to rescue the love of his life, and becomes trapped, as the whole place collapses around him. Will he manage to escape before it is too late?

'What Have You Done?' deals with the legacy of the conflict in Northern Ireland, as a civil servant comes face to face with an ex-terrorist, leading him to discover how the previous generation coped with living through the worst of the Troubles.

These, and seven other stories, touching on sport, fatherhood, arachnophobia, faith, and cannibalism, make up an exciting collection of short fiction which will leave readers wanting more.

Be one of the first people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review! It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on sites ie. Goodreads, Smashwords, Barnes & Noble and Amazon. (if possible)

Formats available: Mobi, Epub, Word, & Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4 to 6 weeks after you receive your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format you require.

1. Kelly - kptx64@gmail.com - mobi
2. Mehaboobmunna - coollovablechap@yahoo.co.in -
3. Jay - jay@jayhoward.info - mobi
4. Huma - paraphernelic@gmail.com - mobi
5. Victoria - toriz@talktalk.net - pdf
6. Tammy - theselftaughtcook@gmail.com - epub

message 2: by Matthew (last edited Dec 02, 2012 09:00AM) (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 16 comments I'd be really grateful if people would add the other edition, as it has a much nicer cover! Thanks, and hope everyone enjoys the book.
Here it is:Fifty/Fifty and other stories
Fifty/Fifty and other stories by Matthew W. McFarland

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

kptx64@gmail.com

Thank you!!!

message 4: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Hi Kelly which format would you like?

message 5: by Mehaboobmunna (new)

Mehaboobmunna (-M13) I'm in

coollovablechap@yahoo.co.in

message 6: by Jay (last edited Dec 02, 2012 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jay Howard (jay_howard) | 27 comments I'm a sucker for shorts so yes please, Matthew, in mobi format to:
jay@jayhoward.info

BTW, if you send the Word format too I'll use track changes if I notice any typos etc and get it back to you. I know how helpful I've found that in the past when friends have done it for my work. Just an option if you want it :)

message 7: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Jay I will email you the mobi version and wait for the author to read your post about the word document.

message 8: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Mheaboobmunna which format would you like

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 16 comments Jay, thanks for the offer if some proof-reading! more than happy for you to point out all my mistakes, and then I can send that on to my editor/first readers!

message 10: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) ok sent Jaye the word document as well.

message 11: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 16 comments Doesn't bode well that there's a typo in the first sentence of that post, does it?

message 12: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 16 comments thanks Tana!

message 13: by Jay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jay Howard (jay_howard) | 27 comments Both received, thanks :)

message 14: by Mehaboobmunna (new)

Mehaboobmunna (-M13) tana. epub format

message 15: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent you an email Mehaboobmunna

message 16: by Huma (new)

Huma (JadedGoth) | 68 comments Huma. =) .mobi to paraphernelic@gmail.com,Tana! Thank you.

message 17: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent you an email Huma

Victoria Zigler (Toriz) | 561 comments Pdf to toriz@talktalk.net please. Thanks! Victoria.

TAMMY CUEVAS (TAMMY1965) | 36 comments Tana wrote: "Fifty/Fifty and other stories by Matthew W. McFarlandMatthew W. McFarland

Genre: Fiction, short story collection

Book Description

Fifty/Fifty and Other Stories is a c..."

Tammy Cuevas
theselftaughtcook@gmail.com
.epub

message 20: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) sent Tammy and Victoria emails.

Victoria Zigler (Toriz) | 561 comments Here's my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

And I posted it on Amazon too.

message 22: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 16 comments Thanks Victoria, glad you enjoyed it!

Victoria Zigler (Toriz) | 561 comments No problem, Matthew!

message 24: by Jay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jay Howard (jay_howard) | 27 comments I've reviewed here (hasn't showed up yet so no link) and on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3SVAMBH...
Thanks very much :)

message 25: by Matthew (new)

Matthew McFarland (MatthewWMcFarland) | 16 comments thanks Jay