Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)
This topic is about The Goddess Test
ARCHIVES > December 2012: The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Gisbelle | 27303 comments This thread is for the discussions on The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

If you include spoiler in your post, please let others know.

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31379 comments So, this one was tough for me.
I didn't enjoy the first 200 pages - but from then on I LOVED IT! so, if you are just starting this or thinking about starting it, just try to stick with it even if you are bored to start with ;)

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Thanks for the heads up :) I'll read it tomorrow. Maybe :D

Nina (ninakristinasuque) | 35 comments Trisha wrote: "So, this one was tough for me.
I didn't enjoy the first 200 pages - but from then on I LOVED IT! so, if you are just starting this or thinking about starting it, just try to stick with it even if y..."

200? It is a 293 pages book.. NOW I'M NERVOUS. I'm planning to start today. I hope I can make it to the end.

message 5: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31379 comments LOL! Well, maybe it was just me...but stuff got interesting after hot cocoa ;) you may love it before then, but if you don't ~ hopefully knowing that it gets better will get you through! I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks!!! :D

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Would you read book 2, Trisha? I've bought the whole set lol...

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31379 comments Yes, the last pages sold me. I want to read book 2. :) maybe a January or February buddy read?! LOL!

Gisbelle | 27303 comments Sounds like a good plan :) I have always loved Greek mythology, so I hope I enjoy this one :D

Jasmine | 322 comments Really liked this one and book 2 as well! Highly recommend it! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha wrote: "So, this one was tough for me.
I didn't enjoy the first 200 pages - but from then on I LOVED IT! so, if you are just starting this or thinking about starting it, just try to stick with it even if y..."

How about you give us a summary and we start on page 200? LOL JK

Gisbelle | 27303 comments @Vicki: hehe I second that :P

message 12: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31379 comments Gisbelle wrote: "@Vicki: hehe I second that :P"

lol!!!

message 13: by Nina (last edited Dec 04, 2012 03:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nina (ninakristinasuque) | 35 comments Trisha wrote: "LOL! Well, maybe it was just me...but stuff got interesting after hot cocoa ;) you may love it before then, but if you don't ~ hopefully knowing that it gets better will get you through! I can't ..."

You're right! everything was confusing at first, characters behavior was really weird but justified in the end. I finished the book overnight. Kate character is so strong. I look forward reading the next book.

Vicki wrote: How about you give us a summary and we start on page 200? LOL JK "

I enjoyed reading every page (with occasional eyebrow raising) and you shouldn't miss the first 200 pages too. LOL

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay Nina, I'll read it all. Lol

Katie | 68 comments I didn't like this book in the beginning but I eventually melted into the story with Henry as the key reason I kept reading. He scared and interested me and I absolutely loved him. Kate was a more annoying main character, but I liked the idea and the other characters. Plus, it had Greek Mythology which has always been a very interesting topic for me.

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Trisha | 31379 comments Katie wrote: "I didn't like this book in the beginning but I eventually melted into the story with Henry as the key reason I kept reading. ..."

was it right around "hot cocoa" that you started to melt into the story :) that's about the time I finally started enjoying it!
Yes, Kate is pretty annoying!!!

Katie | 68 comments Trisha wrote: "Katie wrote: "I didn't like this book in the beginning but I eventually melted into the story with Henry as the key reason I kept reading. ..."

was it right around "hot cocoa" that you started to ..."

It was exactly at "hot cocoa"

message 18: by Sana (new)

Sana | 3 comments I read this book a while back and didn't like it at first. when you get to understand it, the book climbed my list.

Stephanie (stephygarcia) | 1 comments Didn't love the book at first because it was so damn depressing. Up until she met him :)
THEN I fell in love. Great read! Would love to see what happens in the next book.