Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Batch editing book data

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

Is there's a method of batch-editing book data, rather than clicking through every individual book to change small settings (specifically shelves and date read)?

message 2: by Otis, Chief Architect (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
Hi Soylent,

Not yet, but check out the 'shelves' view in 'my books' - its much faster...

message 3: by Benoît (new)

Benoît (bencake) | 6 comments Hi,

I'm also interested in a batch editing option.
I recently updated all the Mishima's books published in japanese (78 on goodreads...). In order to combine editions with existing translated editions, I had to add "Yukio Mishima" as primary author and switched "三島由紀夫" second.

I'd like to do the same with other major writers (japanese or not) so a batch editing option would be very appreciated. OR a way to combine two editions with different primary authors ?

Thank you !

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41470 comments Mod
You're actually asking for something very different than what was being discussed in 2007.

Regardless, changes to how the GR system itself actually works are best requested in the Feedback group.

I seem to recall being told that one (which I'd love as well) was technically all but impossible. But I could easily be misremembering.

message 5: by Benoît (new)

Benoît (bencake) | 6 comments Hi rivka,

- "You're actually asking for something very different than what was being discussed in 2007."

That's right. Nevertheless, there were only two posts in this topic which name was quite the same I would have chosen.

- "changes to how the GR system itself actually works are best requested in the Feedback group."

Oops, my bad. I choose this group because this 'batch editing' only concerns Librarians. But I understand.

By the way, I found a similar question/suggestion there.

I guess I will have to edit books one by one.

Thank you for your reply !