The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) The Fellowship of the Ring question

Have you read this book?
Dillan Gates Dillan Nov 30, 2012 12:31PM
I am right in the middle of reading this book.

Loved it but skipped much of the over done descriptive paragraphs. You have to admire the vast scope of the man's vision. What an incredible creation.

Yes I read them about 40 years ago, then re-read them a couple years back. It's a faster read second time around (not sure that's always a good thing) but you can skim in areas where you know you can. A classic read, and any first time reader should simply take the time and enjoy every word.

I could only read the trilogy as an adult. I loved it, but could have done without so much detail about the itineraries. And the poems.

I read all of them almost thirty years ago and loved them. Can't imagine skipping over the descriptions; why read it at all then? Today's short attention span generation...

The part about Tom Bombadil is one of the best parts. I was intrigued by that character. I was initially upset that they didn't put him in the movie.

Yes, I first read it a long time ago, great book, very detailed and was thrilled when someone finally made it into a movie. I always thought, "The lord of the Rings books would be an amazing movie" ...then someone finally did. Epic story

I read it in 1967. It rocked my world.

yep! great book!!

I couldn't get into it but I was thinking about trying again, would you recommend it?

Yes. I have read this book. It's good. (Although I skip Tom Bombadil's part)

I first read this book in high school (40+ years ago) and have re-read it several times since. A classic story...

I read the trilogy when I was 12 and re-read it at least once every 2 years, love it so much.

Somehow I think that most people who read this thread have, in fact, read that book. And many of them several times. ;)

johanna Haha.
Feb 15, 2013 03:58PM

I must have read LOTR a dozen times over the years and each time it is a different experience.

I've read this once, and I'm now almost finished The Two Towers. I'm enjoying The Two Towers a little more than the Fellowship, I think :)

johanna Finished tTT, and reading RotK! :D So excited <3 :)
Feb 22, 2013 10:02PM