Indie Book Club discussion

General > Change cpc (cost per click) rate on GR

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (last edited Nov 30, 2012 06:20AM) (new)

Nick Tran (nick00777) | 9 comments I have a small budget, $5.00 per day for my GR Ads at $0.50/click. When it reaches the daily max, 10 clicks, GR stops showing my ads. Is there a way that I can lower the cpc (cost per click) rate to 10 or 20 cents in order to get more clicks? Many thanks in advance for your suggestion!
Nick
btw, my giveway link is: http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho.... please check it out :)

message 2: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Wakeling | 21 comments Hey Nick.

If you click on the campaign, there should be an 'edit' button next to the CPC rate for each advert that you're running.

Geoff

message 3: by Nick (last edited Nov 30, 2012 06:37AM) (new)

Nick Tran (nick00777) | 9 comments Geoffrey wrote: "Hey Nick.

If you click on the campaign, there should be an 'edit' button next to the CPC rate for each advert that you're running.

Geoff"

Geoff -- Thanks! I did check the page and sent GR email but i had no luck. you can edit most things (start at, daily cap...) but not cpc. I wonder if there's a way to get around this problem besides starting a new campaign.
Thanks!
Nick
btw, is it considered ok/courteous to put "self-promote" link of my book into my post? I'm a newbie :)

message 4: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Wakeling | 21 comments Which page are you looking at Nick? I just checked my own campaign and I can edit CPC. I click on my campaign, and then it lists all the Ads in the campaign below. To the left hand side of these individual ads, it has an 'edit' for the CPC option.

I don't tend to self promote...people generally will visit your author page as they get to know you. :)

Geoff

message 5: by Eric (last edited Nov 30, 2012 09:01AM) (new)

Eric Quinn (eqknowles) | 370 comments Mod
Nick, right ad status you should see a line like this:

bid: $0.55 cpc edit

Click edit. You will need to change each ad individually (if you have more than one).

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick Tran (nick00777) | 9 comments Geoff & Eric -- Thanks guys! I found the edit button!

message 7: by Geoffrey (new)

Geoffrey Wakeling | 21 comments Great! Glad we could be of help. :D

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric Quinn (eqknowles) | 370 comments Mod
Nick, let us know how your campaign goes!

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick Tran (nick00777) | 9 comments Eric wrote: "Nick, let us know how your campaign goes!"

Eric – Thanks for asking. I’m now using Ads from Goodread and Google. So far, the result has been quite unspectacular :)

message 10: by J.D. (last edited Dec 14, 2012 06:17AM) (new)

J.D. Hallowell | 247 comments Nick wrote: "Eric wrote: "Nick, let us know how your campaign goes!"

Eric – Thanks for asking. I’m now using Ads from Goodread and Google. So far, the result has been quite unspectacular :)"

Are you targeting your Goodreads ads by genre, or by similar authors?

It looks like quite a few people have added it to their "to-read" shelves, which is part of the response that you are looking for. That will help drive awareness, and eventually translate into future sales.