Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > You Slay Me - Chapter 1 - 5

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Feb 26, 2009 05:38PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Discussion of only Chapters 1 to 5.

PS... Because I'm an idiot and returned the book to the library before writing down how many chapters there are in the book can someone let me know if I distributed the chapters unevenly.

Thanks mucho! :)

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lexnick) I'm liking this book so far. There's a lot of humor in it.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments How awesome is Drake lol... he's so cocky and self assured. Aisling never had a chance lol

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lexnick) He definitely made me drool a little bit. lol

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments lol seriously.. he's hot standing over a dead body. it can only get better after that.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Okay, I've only read, like, 2 chapters but I like it already. I don't usually like books like books that are supposed to be "funny" - (actually, I don't know if that's true. I usually stay away from books that are supposed to be funny, but that's probably an unfair bias on my part...)
ANYWAY.... I really like this one so far. I'm excited to keep reading.

And I LOVE that the very first scene of the book was Aisling explaining how to pronounce her name. That was smart and clever on MacAlister's part. And helpful to me.:)

But I like Aisling - she's quirky and cute. I think she and Drake will make a great pair... I personally am falling for both of them already.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lexnick) You're right about the both of them. She's so feisty and he's so charismatic.

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Nichole - I also thought it was ingenious of the author to throw that name explanation into it. Because when I first added the book to my TBR list, I was like how the hell do you pronounce that name!! and then she explained it. :)

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Hey, I have a question-

Last night I read the part where Drake kisses Aisling at the bar, and gives her his fire, and she's able to "open the door in her mind" and give it back to him. Which proves she's a wyvern's mate, because no other mortal could survive it.

So.... if Drake didn't know she was a/his mate when he did that - was he actually trying to kill her???

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I think he had a sense that she was something special, but he probably didn't care if something bad would have happened. She basically challenged and threatened him in public and he was pissed off lol. I think he would have pulled back if he realized she couldn't take it.

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz (arcanepenguin) | 77 comments Also, other people in the story (I think the girl in the bookstore) had already called her a wyverns's mate. Possibly it's something like a Guardian where it seems to be completely obvious to people who know?

message 12: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments I dunno Jess Drake is kind of cocky I think he would have let her be toast.

message 13: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments lol.... maybe you're right Dawn.. he was kinda pissed at her too. Since she embarrassed him in front of everyone by confronting him. But I mean.. she's Aisling.. that's what she does lol.

message 14: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) I just started the book, only a few pages in, but so far I really like the arthurs sense of humor.