Harry Potter discussion

Books > J.K. Rowling's weak moments!

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Jan 02, 2008 07:15AM) (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 3 comments From Shelf Awareness.com:
Will Harry the Eighth inherit the throne? The Daily Mail reported that J.K. Rowling confessed to "'weak moments' when she feels she will pen another novel about the boy wizard," but if she does surrender to temptation in a decade or so, she said she doubts "that Harry would be the central character. I feel I've already told his story."

If she were to write another book based on another Hogwarts character who would it be? Ron? Hermoine?

message 2: by Tya (new)

Tya | 2 comments I think it would have something to do with the next generation. Albus, James, Lily, Rose and Hugo... with Neville as their mentor???? lol... it sounds absurd now that I've written it down. I just hope what ever JKR choses to do with her characters will not compromise the perfect wrap up of HP.

message 3: by Karee (new)

Karee | 3 comments I was thinking it would be the next generation, if anyone too. I also hope that if there's any future books, it doesn't ruin the already perfect ending.

message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 16 comments I think she should write a prequel. I would love to read about James, Sirius, and Lupin when they were students at Hogwarts. They seemed more mischevious than even Harry, Hermy, Ron, or the twins. That would be awesome.

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele | 20 comments Wow - Jenna - that's a pretty good idea. I think I'd enjoy that.

Maybe the 2nd series could be about the reconciliation of muggles and wizards - sort of pick up where Dumbledore and Gryndewald (sp?) left off - making it so that wizards don't have to live in "hiding". There could be some conflict in that and it is ripe for a happy ending - which I love.

or maybe cho chang could flip out because she was treated so unfairly?

message 6: by Lightshayde (new)

Lightshayde | 6 comments Maybe Albus Severus Potter and the rest of his "next generation".

message 7: by Lightshayde (new)

Lightshayde | 6 comments You know, Dumbledore was infatuated with Grindelwald. That's kind of strange...

message 8: by Taylor S (last edited Jan 06, 2008 02:43PM) (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments I like the next generation idea. I don't think that Draco would go evil, he seemed kind of content the last time we saw him. I would like to go further into the story of the kids, though. A story of in between would be cool, also.

message 9: by Adam (new)

Adam | 13 comments Did you not get the memo there Lightshayde? Albus was in love with Grindelwald. Love makes us do silly silly things sometimes, does it not?

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 34 comments Ya, Draco has good in him somewhere, Voldemort was just pure evil. I think J.K's gonna end up making an eighth book. I mean, right after I finished the seventh book, i was just like, if she makes an eighth book, its gonna be about Albus, for sure. But ive also been thinking about this for a long time: What if J.K Rowling made the same book's, but from Hermione's or Ron's point of view? I mean, not everyone's favorite character is Harry, some like Ron and Hermione too!

message 11: by Shley (new)

Shley | 7 comments I doubt she would re-write the whole series in the point of view of another character. It just wouldn't happen. She isn't Stephenie Meyer.

I am agreeing with those who are saying the future generation. Albus would be a good one, it seemed a lot of focus went on his character at the end.

I do hope she returns the wizarding world she created. It has so much potential for so many different stories. Maybe she souldn't use any of Harry's family though - What about Luna and her life? I expect that would be quite entertaining. She had twin boys, but they are younger than Harry's children. Not sure by how much though...

Even if she doesn't go back to Hogwarts, I'm still excited for anything she writes next. I can't wait to see what else she is capable of. :)

message 12: by nina (new)

nina (ladeeda) | 21 comments Ahh, that's really exciting! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if she wrote another book :)

message 13: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I would read anything JKR might write. I don't really want to hear about Harry's children, or anyone in the next generation for that matter. I think the Maurader's generation might be interesting, but we do know quite a bit about them. I would love if she wrote about something in the distant past, like the founding of Hogwarts.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (smilecarnival) | 1 comments As Jenna said, a prequel to the HP series would be lovely. For characters such as Snape and the Marauders, I can't deny the interest I have in their life and progression, and what tempted them to make the choices they did.

message 15: by Swati (last edited Jul 10, 2009 03:53AM) (new)

Swati  (readerforevergmailcom) | 333 comments I would want to read about James and Snape's generation, just something from the past. I also wouldn't mind any thing about Harry's and Ron's children.

message 16: by siyao (new)

siyao (siyaoi) | 23 comments YEAH! I would really like to hear about Ron and Hermione's children!

message 17: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) it would be awesome more prequel stories...like the james and sirius one....

message 18: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brlemon) Didn't she say at one time that she would like to write a book that focused on a minor character like Dean Thomas? I remember reading that she had a whole back story written about Dean that she wanted to include into the books but couldn't quite fit it in.

message 19: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

I don't remember her saying she would like to write a book like that, but I think you're right, Brenda, since I remember JKR talking about Dean's backstory - of how his father was killed by Death Eaters and his mother doesn't know.

message 20: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brlemon) Okay, I read through most of her interviews again and basically she does say that she plans on letting us know about Dean Thomas and his backstory and that it will appear in her encyclopedia which she is currently working on.

message 21: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (brlemon) No book just devoted to Dean though.

message 22: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

That's right. I remember about the encyclopedia. Thanks for the information. I do hope she writes it.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 246 comments A book based on Neville would be awesome! He's my favorite character!

It would be so interesting to have a book from his perspective.

message 24: by Sebas (new)

Sebas | 6 comments maybe some stories about the adventures of the original order of the phoenix

message 25: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments Sebby wrote: "maybe some stories about the adventures of the original order of the phoenix"

OMG i hope so!

message 26: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments i also would LOVE for her to write a book about James, Lupin, Sirius, Peter, Lily, ect.

message 27: by Aneri (new)

Aneri | 186 comments Michele wrote: "Wow - Jenna - that's a pretty good idea. I think I'd enjoy that.

Maybe the 2nd series could be about the reconciliation of muggles and wizards - sort of pick up where Dumbledore and Gryndewald (s..."

I agree, that sounds pretty cool. I still feel I should know more about Dumbledore..and SNAPE! I wanna read about him, so a prequel and maybe more of Dumbledore's life and his friendship with Grindelwald.

message 28: by Sarah ∞ (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 559 comments Oh yeah! tht would be awesome

message 29: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i dunno, i think those stories are good to be mysterious, let people think about it. Let the fan fictions have their way with it.

message 30: by ★Maeden★ (new)

★Maeden★ (her_randomness) | 6 comments Ginny's diary! About what happens after the final battle leading up to the epilogue!

message 31: by Brianne (last edited Sep 24, 2009 05:40PM) (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments wait what? ginny's diary?

message 32: by Keith (new)

Keith (keifer) | 20 comments I think she should write about dumbledores life from hogwarts to killing Grindelwald.

message 33: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i think she explained that enough in deathly hallows, the rest of the story is just like dumbledore not wanting to go hunt him and grindelwald killing people, it's all really grim and i don't think people would want to read something like that

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (LMulls) | 1 comments I would love to see a prequel, and I would love to see a story on Luna or Neville! Or both ;D What I mean is I liked Luna/Neville as a couple, but I doubt it would happen. Or maybe a book on Dumbledore's life? How he became the headmaster, etc?

message 35: by Abramelin (new)

Abramelin Poetry (abramelinjournal) | 1 comments I wouldn't mind either James and Sirius or the future. That stone is just sitting in the forest after all.

If she does the future she could still do an encyclopedia "Hogwarts a History" which I really am hoping for, with details about everyone's past.

message 36: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i would love a inbetween end and epilogue, like a short story not another order of the phoenix, the epilogue just wasnt satisfying

message 37: by Alison (new)

Alison Evans (budgie_alison) I would love a Marauder's era book. That would make my life quite complete, ahaha.

message 38: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments i feel like making a marauders book would make our opinion of James less because he was kind of a jerk

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Nicole wrote: "From Shelf Awareness.com:
Will Harry the Eighth inherit the throne? The Daily Mail reported that J.K. Rowling confessed to "'weak moments' when she feels she will pen another novel about the boy w..."

Idk.

message 40: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (beatrixkiddo) | 63 comments I don't know. This story seems completely finished to me. I agree with Pandy about I would read anything she would write, but I'd consider a mistake to continue the HP story, backward or forward. With the encyclopedia any door that might have kept open will be closed, so, no matter how I have loved HP series until now (and I loved them very, very much!), I definitely prefer that she write another novel, another genre. The magic that captivated us doesn't reside in HP story, but in JKR herself.

message 41: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 242 comments yep, some things just have to end. if they drag on they'd lose prestige.

maybe she could write a book about all the times she wanted to write another thing about the series and what she thought would make a good continuation.

i'd read that :)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love to read something like that!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love a marauders book and a after story to deathly hallows the end wasnt enough, but if she wrote another i think it would be about the next generation.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Elanor wrote: "I wouldn't mind either James and Sirius or the future. That stone is just sitting in the forest after all.

If she does the future she could still do an encyclopedia "Hogwarts a History" which I r..."

I think that would be really complicated to write

message 46: by PJW (new)

PJW (fulhamfan7070) | 5 comments I would hear about Harry's Further adventures as an auror

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

That would be cool.

message 48: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

JKR said in an interview shortly after DH that Harry becomes an auror.

You might find this article interesting:
http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-p...