The Challenge Factory discussion

2013 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > December Buddy Read Discussion Thread

Comments (showing 1-40 of 40) (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenne (last edited Nov 29, 2012 06:57AM) (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments description

Duration: 12/1/12-12/31/12

Instructions and Info

Rules:
USE THIS THREAD TO DISCUSS AND DETERMINE WHO YOUR BUDDY WILL BE AND WHAT YOU WILL READ AND THEN YOU WILL USE THE FINAL SIGN UP THREAD (LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST) TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DECIDED. BASICALLY IT WILL BE THE SAME AS BEFORE....EXCEPT THAT YOU WILL POST YOUR BUDDY, YOURSELF, AND YOUR BOOK(S) If you are without a partner by the end of sign up I will match the remaining people up, so no worries...EVERYONE will have a buddy:-)

1.If you want to participate post your name and maybe let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading.

2.If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign UP thread and post your information for me!

3.Whoever doesn’t have a partner, we will place with another person and you guys can pick a book together! If we have an odd number we can have groups of three, more people to discuss with!

4.I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing on October 1st!

5.The challenge will span a month.

6.For each group we can set up a thread so the two of you can discuss without having to sift through a bunch of other conversation. But please leave us updates as to how far along you guys are and how you’re liking the book!

7.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged! And I'm giving a full month just for reading this time around so it will give you more time for more books!!!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you've found a book & a buddy go to the Final Sign Up and post a link to your book & who you'll be reading it with.

message 2: by Adele (new)

Adele Symonds (adelesymonds) I posted in the discussion thread for a November buddy read but didn't get a buddy so probably won't bother this time.

message 3: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments Adele, don't give up on it! These last two months we've been really late getting the threads up & it didn't leave much time for people to get their books together. I promise us mods will do better in January :)

message 4: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments These are a few that I have on deck for December if anyone wants to join me:

Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2) by Tina Folsom Hot Vampire Kiss (Vampire Wardens, #1) by Lisa Renee Jones

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Jenne I will read Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones with you.

message 6: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments I'm will to do more than one ....
These are a few I have on my must read for this month Hyde, an Urban Fantasy (Hyde #1) by Lauren Stewart NYPD Red by James Patterson Merry Christmas, Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #19) by James Patterson Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum, #19) by Janet Evanovich

message 7: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments Good deal Sue! I'll sign us up

message 8: by Tiffunee (last edited Nov 29, 2012 09:09AM) (new)

Tiffunee (perfectimage772000yahoocom) Dark Places
Stalked
The Other Daughter
Seconds Away

I'd like a buddy open to other reads!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Nanna and I are up for this round, I think we will be reading Obsidian Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout will confirm later in the day
Thanks Jenne!

message 10: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 3357 comments Mod
Anyone interested in joining me for one of these? :)

Shadow Kin (The Half-Light City, #1) by M.J. Scott Queen of Shadows (Shadow World, #1) by Dianne Sylvan Becoming Marie Antoinette (Marie Antoinette, #1) by Juliet Grey The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater The Fate of the Fallen (The Song of the Tears, #1) by Ian Irvine

message 11: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments If anyone likes a good creepy story I highly recommend reading Hyde with Sue! It was a great book!

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy (kjudy77) Anyone want to read The Lovely Bones, Fellowship of The Ring or Throne of Glass with me?

message 13: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mormorau) Two books I am reading for December:
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
Anyone care to join me?

message 15: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Nov 29, 2012 04:27PM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 4744 comments Sue wrote: "I'm will to do more than one ....
These are a few I have on my must read for this monthHyde, an Urban Fantasy (Hyde #1) by Lauren Stewart

Sue ~ I'll read Hyde, an Urban Fantasy (Hyde #1) by Lauren Stewart with you if you want. I just downloaded it the other day.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (WolfFaerie17) | 2021 comments Audrey wrote: "Two books I am reading for December:
Anna Karenina by Leo TolstoyThe Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
Anyone care to join me?"

I'll join you for reading Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoymy copy is older one from epub that I got for free if that's okay.

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (WolfFaerie17) | 2021 comments I would love to have some buddy read with me for Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon.

message 18: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Nov 30, 2012 07:29AM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 4744 comments Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: "Audrey wrote: "Two books I am reading for December:
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Anyone care to join me?"

I keep looking at that book each time I go to Barnes and Noble. I may 'peek' at your buddy read to see how it is and see if I want to buy it.....

message 19: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments Tiffunee wrote: "Dark Places
Stalked
The Other Daughter
Seconds Away

I'd like a buddy open to other reads!"

Tiffunee what genres do you typically read?

message 20: by Sue (new)

Sue Morris | 1095 comments Ok Mellisa I will put us down for Hyde

message 21: by Tiffunee (new)

Tiffunee (perfectimage772000yahoocom) Thriller/Suspense
Romace
YA.
I am willing to try others.

Tiffunee what genres do you typically read?"

Jenne wrote: "Tiffunee wrote: "Dark Places
Stalked
The Other Daughter
Seconds Away

message 22: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 4744 comments Sue wrote: "Ok Mellisa I will put us down for Hyde"

woohoo!!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Jenne Nanna and I are def in with Obsidian. thanks!

message 24: by Ashley (last edited Nov 30, 2012 11:49AM) (new)

Ashley  (AshleyCW) | 349 comments Jenne wrote: "These are a few that I have on deck for December if anyone wants to join me:

Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa IoneFourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4) by Darynda Jones

I need to read Amaurys Hellion but I'm honestly not sure if I can get to it in Dec.

message 25: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments Lol I'm feeling the same way! Wanna check towards the last half of the month and see where we're both at?

message 26: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments Tiffunee wrote: "Thriller/Suspense
Romace
YA.

Jenne wrote: "Tiffunee wrote: "Dark Places
Stalked
T..."

I'm fixing to read a YA dystopian it's second in the series and I wouldn't mind waiting for you to read the first. It's part of the Chemical Garden Trilogy the first one is Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano and the second one is Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2) by Lauren DeStefano if it's not your cup of tea no big deal :)

message 27: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (AshleyCW) | 349 comments Jenne wrote: "Lol I'm feeling the same way! Wanna check towards the last half of the month and see where we're both at?"

YES!!

message 28: by Katherine (last edited Nov 30, 2012 03:48PM) (new)

Katherine (KatDylan) I want join in this time!!

I like contemporary romance, suspense, thrillers, military and erotica. Not much into PNR, UF, HR or YA (But could read if I like the premise, except for YA). If any of you like these genres, gimme a heads up!

I could read Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione with you Jenne. It's a reread for me. Luvs Wraith!

message 29: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mormorau) Angie yes I would love to! I wouldn't be able to start until Monday because that's when I pick it up from the Library :-)

message 30: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 4744 comments Dyllan aka ~Whycked Mhystresxs~ wrote: "I want join in this time!!

I like contemporary romance, suspense, thrillers, military and erotica. Not much into PNR, UF, HR or YA (But could read if I like the premise, except for YA). If any of ..."

Ooohhh....I love Wraiths too! Yummy :0)

message 31: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Dec 01, 2012 07:24PM) (new)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (WolfFaerie17) | 2021 comments Audrey wrote: "Angie yes I would love to! I wouldn't be able to start until Monday because that's when I pick it up from the Library :-)"

I'll get do the final sign up for us. Starting on Monday is fine with me. If that's okay with you?

message 32: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments Dyllan aka ~Whycked Mhystresxs~ wrote: "I want join in this time!!

I like contemporary romance, suspense, thrillers, military and erotica. Not much into PNR, UF, HR or YA (But could read if I like the premise, except for YA). If any of ..."

It might be towards the middle of the month before I can start it. Is that ok with you?

message 33: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (JennetheInstigator) | 7444 comments ♔ Judy ♔ wrote: "Anyone want to read The Lovely Bones, Fellowship of The Ring or Throne of Glass with me?"

Dyllan aka ~Whycked Mhystresxs~ wrote: "I want join in this time!!

Judy what type of genres do you like to read?

message 34: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (KatDylan) Jenne wrote: "It might be towards the middle of the month before I can start it. Is that ok with you?..."

No problem for me Jenne. Just let me know when you are ready.

message 35: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (KatDylan) Tiffunee wrote: "Thriller/Suspense
Romace
YA.

I'd like a buddy open to other reads!"..."

Tiffune, I can read a thriller or romance with you. What do you have in mind?

message 36: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mormorau) Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ wrote: I'll get do the final sign up for us. Starting on Monday...

Yes, sounds perfect!

message 37: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (new)

Shellbelle  | 435 comments Mod
Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve!!!

I'm going to be taking down the December BR threads as I put up the new ones! Let me know if there is a thread that you want me to keep a little longer...they will also be available in the BR Archive thread if you want to continue for a bit longer! If you haven't signed up for January's BR make sure to jump over to the Discussion thread!

message 38: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 4744 comments Hey Shellebelle ~ could you please leave up our buddy thread of Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor for me and JenniferC ~ we need a few more days to finish up. Thanks!!

message 39: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mormorau) If you could keep up Anna Karenina for a few more days that would be fabulous also. Thank you Shellebelle!

message 40: by Shellbelle , Sadly Missed (new)

Shellbelle  | 435 comments Mod
No problem ladies! Just let me know when you are ready for me to move them to ARchives!