Pulp Fiction discussion

The Seventh (Parker, #7)
This topic is about The Seventh
Film Noir > The Split (1968)

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tfitoby (new)

Tfitoby | 510 comments I was extremely lucky to see this Parker adaptation on TCM this week. This was great fun to watch with great performances from a big name cast but seems to have been largely received badly over time (just over 5 on imdb for example.) To me it felt like a true Parker story just adapted to have Jim Brown star as a black version of the protagonist.

The major problem people seem to have is that the heist hardly takes any screentime but the aftermath is dealt with in depth, which matches my expectations of Parker anyway.

Has anyone else had the chance to see it? Some Parker aficionados for example? I'd love to know if I really am in the minority with this one.

Mohammed (Maxamed) | 533 comments Tfitoby wrote: "I was extremely lucky to see this Parker adaptation on TCM this week. This was great fun to watch with great performances from a big name cast but seems to have been largely received badly over tim..."

I havent seen simple because its hard to see it on tv and i havent seen anywhere on DVD. People complaining about heist part dont prolly know their Parkers. Only Parkers fans has right to complain about that since they know what they are talking about.

message 3: by Tfitoby (new)

Tfitoby | 510 comments Exactly! But then I guess that was part of the movies problem, sure Stark had a fairly large fanbase for the genre but Hollywood clearly didn't understand that the material was that different to their usual heist/revenge crime films. Poor movie has been unfairly treated I think. Let's not discuss what Hollywood are treating us to next.

Another fan must have seen this, come on pulp fictioners!

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Taylor | 17 comments I remember the film coming out. Never saw it but would love to now. I wonder how hard it would be to find it.

message 5: by Tfitoby (new)

Tfitoby | 510 comments I dont think its made it to dvd yet

Mohammed (Maxamed) | 533 comments Tfitoby wrote: "I dont think its made it to dvd yet"

Wow thats worse than that i thought. I thought there was a DVD somewhere out there i just havent seen it online.