Where the Sidewalk Ends Where the Sidewalk Ends discussion

Where the Sidewalk Ends, by Shel Silverstein

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laurel I would have to say that his music for Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show were my favorite poems by Shel Silverstein.

message 2: by Zoe (new) - rated it 4 stars

Zoe Taurus I like the poem backward bill. I liked it so much I actully memorized it.

Shubhi:) hilarious book! love it!

Lori good imagination. wasn't he behind the Johnny cash song, "A Boy Named Sue?" came up with some very funny poems.

Kate Shel Silverstein has always been one of my favorites! LOVED IT!!!

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I loved this book.

Karen My son, now 12, grew up being read, and then later, reading to himself, this wonderful book of quirky, nonsensical poems. Not only is it really fun, but it helped him to become the avid reader that he is now. Love this book!

Tyshawn Knight Actually Shel Silverstein was the first great poet I was exposed to way back in 1981. Now I am a poet. I find it difficult to write humorous poetry or poetry for children. I believe you have to be truly gifted to do that. Shel is a genius as he has the ability to make kids want to read and encourage kids to write.

Ty

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

My favourite poem is "Smart."

Michael R. Of the three books I purchased by Shel, this is my favorite and the one that got me hooked. A perfect book to read in an airport terminal or relax with a glass of wine