Reader's Corner discussion

Question of the Week? > Question #2

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) We are almost to the end of the year...What is your favourite book/series this year?

message 2: by Ursula (last edited Nov 24, 2012 08:07PM) (new)

Ursula (sweetmarie500) | 159 comments Mod
My favorite book this year is You Can't Hide from Karen Rose and My favorite series this year is The Hollows by Kim Harrison

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (Trakka) I can't decide between Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and Call The Midwife.

As to series, has to be the Myron Bolitar one by Harlan Coben!

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) I think I have to list Outlander Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon as my favorite book for the year. As for the series, I'm so in love with the Highland Guard by Monica McCarty. She's done a great job in blending history, fiction, action and romance into the stories. I'm dying to just drop everything and read the two books I have remaining on my shelf.

message 5: by Monica (new)

Monica | 17 comments My favorite series this year is the Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Not a single book let me down. Well-written stories with great characters.

My favorite book? That's a harder question to answer, I had a great reading year. In the YA category it's a toss up between Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, and Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas. In UF, my favorite book of the year was Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 100 comments Well, my favorite series this year...that's tough! I can't decide between the In Death series by J.D. Robb, which I haven't finished yet and The MacKade Brothers, which I only completed a couple of minutes ago...
As for my favorite book, I think that would be Night Storm by Catherine Coulter.
But truth be told, I loved almost every single one of the books I've read this year!!!

message 7: by Jaret (new)

Jaret My favorite book this year was The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb A Novel by Melanie Benjamin The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb: A Novel. My favorite series is the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben.

message 8: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (Bugetta) | 32 comments My favorite series this year is the Mercedes Thompson series. I enjoyed every single one and love the world Patricia Briggs has created. I am counting down the days until the next book comes out!

My favorite book...that's a little harder. I read a lot of good books this year. The ones that stand out the most are Beauty Queens Beauty Queens by Libba Bray by Libba Bray and Her Best Worst Mistake Her Best Worst Mistake by Sarah Mayberry by Sarah Mayberry. They're both books I would like to read again soon.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan | 45 comments Kissing Steel (Cyborg Seduction, #2) by Laurann Dohner

Book #1 in the Cyborg Seduction series - hot men, reluctant women, eventual love and lust.
HOT

Altho there are SO many good series out there!

Highlanders (Karen Moning)
Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner
I can't stop! lol

message 10: by Lady ♥ Belleza (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) This is hard I read a lot of books this year. I would say my favorite series was the Wicked Series by Gregory Maguire

And my favorite book was probably The Eyes of Willie McGee by Alex Heard

Kris - My Novelesque Life (Kris1980) I have experienced a few new favourite series this year but Lisa Kleypas's Wallflower has to be on the top. And she is a new must read author for me.

message 12: by it's just me! (last edited Dec 13, 2012 11:01AM) (new)

it's just me! (iamforgiven) | 3 comments There's too many to choose from.My favorite series is The Hollows,I find myself counting down the days for the next book. My favorite book of the year,I can't decide there were too many.But some of the ones that stayed with me are Iced,Onyx,Easy,and Slammed.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) I've read the first book in The Hollows and I guess I need to get back into this series.

message 14: by Lauryn (new)

Lauryn April (LaurynApril) | 7 comments I have been crazy about the Lux series this year which starts with Obsidian. They are just crazy good, I read the first two in a few days and I'm starting the third one soon.

message 15: by KimBear (new)

KimBear (KimberlyBears) Kris wrote: "We are almost to the end of the year...What is your favourite book/series this year?"
I absolutely devoured The Shadow of the Wind , The Angel's Game , and The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz-Zafon. This is called The Cemetery of Forgotten Books series.

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ Wow...i have way too many to name just one but i agree w/u Jonetta about Outlander...fantastic book(s)!!

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) Yay, Sharon!