The Sword and Laser discussion

Wind-Scarred (The Will of the Elements, #1)
This topic is about Wind-Scarred
Author Promo (Share Your Stuff!) > Like Science Fantasy? Free books? Singing? Well... I may have something for you...

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (last edited Nov 24, 2012 10:59PM) (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments So, I wrote this little Science Fantasy series called The Will of the Elements. It's about wormholes, futuristic societies, people who can control the elements... you know, that kind of stuff.

Anyway, the last book's coming out in December, and... well... there's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna sing it:

http://youtu.be/902dnaIFTRg

I guess that maybe some people aren't going to click on that link (but they're missing out on a good reason to laugh at me). So my first book, Wind-Scarred, is free. And if you read it and post a review wherever you got it from, I'll give you a copy of my 2nd book, Water-Seer, for free. Same goes for reviewing that and getting Child of Lightning.

And, if you want, I'll sing about you. Because writing and singing silly songs is obviously something I like doing, and I've had the Animaniacs Nations of the World Song stuck in my head since... when did that first air? 19 years ago?!? That's... unbelievably depressing. But what can cheer you up like a Mexican Hat Dance, right?

Oh, also, I'm donating 100% of my book income to Worldbuilders, at least until the end of the year, and maybe a few months longer while I look for a new charity. So far, that's amounted to just over $200, and I'd love to give more. You know, in case you really don't want to get free books and/or talk to me.

TLDR: Let me know if you have any questions about my books, getting them for free, or getting your own song.

message 2: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Another promotional video for my book, because Let's Go Fly a Kite is possibly even more fun than If I Were a Rich Man!

http://youtu.be/uFgsazaZG5M

message 3: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Well, it's been exactly one year since the release of my first book, Wind-Scarred, and I'm proud to say that I've wrapped up the trilogy with Child of Lightning today. The book is up on Amazon and Smashwords, with distribution to the rest of the ebook world to follow over the next week or two.

Thanks to everyone who's given my books a try; I know you have a lot of options when it comes to what you want to read and am humbled and delighted that you picked up something of mine.

And thanks to everyone else too, because you're probably an awesome person and deserve to be thanked for something as well.

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry da Silva (smdasilva) | 15 comments Just got the first book through Amazon for my kindle. Looking forward to reading it!

message 5: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Sherry wrote: "Just got the first book through Amazon for my kindle. Looking forward to reading it!"

Thanks for giving it a try, I hope you enjoy it! Oh, or hate it enough to give me some truly scathing criticism, that's almost as much fun as liking it.

Camilla Hansen (MalazanShadowDancer) | 64 comments I'm reading the first one as well, and I like it so far. Not very far into it, but looks very promising!

message 7: by Emy (new)

Emy (EmyPT) | 98 comments :( Not free in the UK. Will have to see what I have left after Christmas eats it again... :S

message 8: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Emy wrote: ":( Not free in the UK. Will have to see what I have left after Christmas eats it again... :S"

!!!

Sounds like I need to bother Amazon.

For the time being, I believe you can find the Kindle version on Smashwords for free. If all else fails, I can forward you a copy... along with my apologies for the inconvenience.

Camilla Mejlby wrote: "I'm reading the first one as well, and I like it so far. Not very far into it, but looks very promising!"

Thanks for picking it up!

Camilla Hansen (MalazanShadowDancer) | 64 comments I just finished the first book and I already bought the second one. I'm loving this series, it's intriguing, has a good pace and plot, interesting characters... I would love to see more from you (after I finish the series of course)!

message 10: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Camilla Mejlby wrote: "I just finished the first book and I already bought the second one. I'm loving this series, it's intriguing, has a good pace and plot, interesting characters... I would love to see more from you (a..."

My day = made.

David Sven (Gorro) | 1582 comments My Review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Special request. TuTu please.

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina (javabird) | 551 comments Thanks Sky. I just found this thread and downloaded the first book. Looking forward to reading it.

message 13: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Awesome review, thanks David. Also, clarification on the TuTu?

Thanks for giving my book a try, Tina. I know it's always risky picking up an author you haven't read before, not to mention a brand new author. Of course, I hope you like it, but you're already a saint in my books just for giving it a try.

In other news, sales from Water-Seer and Child of Lightning have raised nearly $1000 for Worldbuilders! That's like, 2 cows!

David Sven (Gorro) | 1582 comments Sky wrote: "Awesome review, thanks David. Also, clarification on the TuTu?"

Possibly for your next youtube song?

message 15: by Glshade (new) - added it

Glshade | 6 comments Just grabbed it through the amazon kindle app.... Will give it a read and let you and the world (or as little of it reads my goodreads and my blog) what I think..... The song was enough to hook me.....

message 16: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Glshade wrote: "Just grabbed it through the amazon kindle app..."

I hope you enjoy it, and you have my thanks.

message 17: by Max (new)

Max Mathesius | 3 comments I have an ongoing fantasy series going. If you guys might be interested. As of now 2 books are published but expect a manga adaption at some point in the far future.

An ongoing fantasy series, I'm writing annually.
As of now The Rise of Baronia and Maiden of the Silver Light are out.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moon-G...

http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF...

message 18: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 5140 comments Mod
Max wrote: "I have an ongoing fantasy series going. If you guys might be interested. As of now 2 books are published but expect a manga adaption at some point in the far future.

An ongoing fantasy series, I'..."

So you finally made it to the self promotion area, but instead of starting your own thread, you spam in Sky's.

message 19: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Rob wrote: "So you finally made it to the self promotion area, but instead of starting your own thread, you spam in Sky's. "

Thanks for defending my thread's honor. Is it bad that I'm actually a little flattered that my self-promotion thread managed to attracted spam? I feel like there should be an achievement for that...

And now I want a Goodreads achievement system.

And now I'm wondering how hard it would be to just write one. I imagine gathering the necessary metrics and gauging community desire would be the difficult part...

Wait, I kicked in for The Game of Books. I think I'm covered.

message 20: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Sky wrote: "And now I want a Goodreads achievement system."

Haha. I'd just be happy being able to up rank good posts. Like your last one.

message 21: by Sky (last edited Jan 04, 2013 01:15PM) (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments I wrote a short story or two set in the world of my trilogy and will be giving them away over the next month or so. And when I say short, I mean short... like, 12k words. But if you're looking for a quick read, maybe you'll find a little entertainment with A Kiss of Fire.

A Kiss of Fire

Smashwords link (I'll put it up on Amazon once it gets to B&N/iBooks, so I can immediately price match it down to free): https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

message 22: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Update on giving money to good causes... my books managed to pull in $1250.00 for the last quarter of last year, and every penny of it went to Worldbuilders. That's right, I sold 5 water buffaloes in books (not to mention a couple hundred given away for free). Thanks to everyone who participated, and don't forget check out Worldbuilders before it closes on Monday!

Anyone have suggestions for my next target charity? Right now I'm leaning toward Child's Play for proceeds from Q1 2013...

message 23: by Sky (last edited Mar 05, 2013 11:50AM) (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments In celebration of Read an eBook Week all of my books are free on Smashwords until 3/9. Use code RW100 at checkout.

Wind-Scarred: Technology vs Magic, Round One
Water-Seer: Healers and killers and gods, oh my!
Child of Lightning: High-speed chases on flying ships? Check. Quest to save the world? Check. Waffles? Check.
A Kiss of Fire: Wow, this one really sounds like a romance title, huh?

message 24: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Thanks Sky! Now if only they came with some "free time" to read them all! ^_^

message 25: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 320 comments Rob wrote: "Thanks Sky! Now if only they came with some "free time" to read them all! ^_^"

You mean the books didn't grant you that extra hour between midnight and 1am? Weird... must be a formatting issue.

message 26: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Sky wrote: "You mean the books didn't grant you that extra hour between midnight and 1am? Weird... must be a formatting issue. "

Beggars can't be choosers :)