☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Archives > December Read

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pirl, The Awesome One (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) | 1745 comments Mod
We've neglected this lately but I think this is still very important. So... Ideas?

I've recently read The Fault in Our Stars and I've been trying to get everyone around me to cry with me, so that's my recommendation.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (Amy_Bookworm) | 504 comments Anything you can get an ebook/audiobook for? (Explanation: Kindle Fire arrived today). It says audiobook could be free with audible :D Want that! Guys should read my to-do list & tell me what you would read... XD

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah IM CRYING SO MUCH FROM TFIOS I CAN'T EVEN SEE OR THINK STRAIGHT

I THINK I FELL IN ACTUAL LOVE WITH A FICTIONAL CHARACTER TOO

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah JOHN GREEN'S WIFE IS CALLED SARAH

OMG

message 5: by Pirl, The Awesome One (new)

Yeah... :D

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments Why don't we read whatever wins the "Best Young Adult Fantasy and Science Fiction" category for Goodreads Choice Awards?

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (Amy_Bookworm) | 504 comments No? Perhaps one of the nominees though. The fault in our stars was one of the nominees for best YA fiction- a nominee I'd like to read is Pandemonium? Thoughts EWQ?

message 8: by Pirl, The Awesome One (new)

What does EWQ mean?
Eternal, because how do you know if you want that to be read?

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (Amy_Bookworm) | 504 comments Her user's initials :D

message 10: by Pirl, The Awesome One (new)

Oh. Duh. Never mind

message 11: by Eternal Werecat (new)

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments Now I'm confused. Lol.

For monthly reads, I have to think really hard on what to suggest. I have several on my TBR shelf but not many of them are age appropriate for this group.

My reasoning for suggesting the winner of the GR is simply because it won, so a lot of GR readers must've liked it. I would be curious about why it was so good.

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy (Amy_Bookworm) | 504 comments Yeah, but you could use any of the nominees for any section so we'd get it in time... Nominees deserve to be read too...

message 13: by Eternal Werecat (new)

Eternal Werecat | 141 comments Yes, I know

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy (Amy_Bookworm) | 504 comments OK then (: Sorry! And then we can start it in December...

message 15: by Pirl, The Awesome One (new)

Amy, do you still want to read Pandemonium, or can I set TFIOS as the monthly read?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

When will we decide on the Jan read?

message 17: by Pirl, The Awesome One (new)

No, actually, you can't make a thread, this is a thing mods are in charge of. It will be online on the 31st. Search for it.