Terminalcoffee discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Apparently, a group called Tinted Windows will be releasing an album in April. It's made up of Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos, Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha, Fountains of Wayne bassist/songwriter Adam Schlesinger and Hanson singer Taylor Hanson. Yowza.
What totally random musicians would you like to see form a band together?
Bonnie Raitt and Trent Reznor? Why not!
Hootie and the Pussycat Dolls? Let's make it happen.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments Les Claypool, Bootsy Collins, Gene Simmons, Flea and Meg White. 4 bass players and a chick drummer. How very Spinal Tap-ish is that?

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Only Spinal Tap-sh if poor Meg spontaneously combusts.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Also, that's some big bottom for a girl who's not used to even one bassist :)

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments That's an interesting question. I need to think of it a bit more. But I know Cheap Trick and Smashing Pumpkins people have played with each other before (it's an Illinois thing:), so I'm not surprised by those two together.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments And apparently Iha and Schlesinger own a label and a recording studio together.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments how bout Derek Trucks with Robert Randolph?

message 8: by Sarah (last edited Feb 25, 2009 11:56AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Wesley Willis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVE1ZW...
and Yo Yo Ma.

message 9: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Sarah, I would die and go to Heaven if Yo-Yo Ma added some strings to I Whupped Batman's Ass.

Supergroups, eh? Why not reunite Blind Faith?

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments I find myself singing "Cut the Mullet" at the most inopportune times.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Charly wrote: "What was the name of the super group that broke up after orbison died, was it the travelling willberries or something like that? I know my definition of super group differs from a lot of the group'..."

Yeah, you've got it, Charly. The Traveling Wilburys were great!

message 12: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I dated a girl who was NOT convinced that Dylan, Harrison, Orbison, Petty and Lynne were posing as Wilburys; she simply found it easier to believe there were 5 guys who looked a lot like Dylan, Harrison, Orbison, Petty and Lynne.

Needless to say, I didn't date her long.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Needless to say, I didn't date her long.

Don't you love it when people say the first part of this, then go ahead and say it anyway?

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I love subordinating conjunctions.

message 15: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Needless to say, Larry, that was needless of you to say it.

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I had a need.