Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Brave New World
This topic is about Brave New World
Book Issues > Combining Brave New World + Revisited edition?

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa (anzlitlovers) | 90 comments Brave New World seems to be in a mess.
There are editions of 'Brave New World' on their own.
There are editions of 'Brave New World Revisited' on their own.
And then there's a great swag of editions of 'Brave New World/Brave New World Revisited'.
Should they all be combined? I haven't seen the Revisited version, so I don't know if it's a different book analysing BNW or BNW with some sort of commentary or analysis as an introduction.

message 2: by Traveling Diva (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments Brave New World and Brave New World Revisited are not the same works. The latter is a non-fiction essay written 30 years after the book, about the book.

Lisa (anzlitlovers) | 90 comments Traveling Diva wrote: "Brave New World and Brave New World Revisited are not the same works. The latter is a non-fiction essay written 30 years after the book, about the book."

So some of them should be separated?

message 4: by Traveling Diva (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments Do you have an example of what is confusing you?

I took a quick look and see some Spanish versions of Revisted combined with BNW, which I am separating out now, but otherwise nothing immediately jumped out at me as wrong.

Lisa (anzlitlovers) | 90 comments Traveling Diva wrote: "Do you have an example of what is confusing you?

I took a quick look and see some Spanish versions of Revisted combined with BNW, which I am separating out now, but otherwise nothing immediately j..."

Well, when you go to Combine Editions, there seems to be only 2 editions of BNW and dozens of BNW Revisited, which seems odd to me.

message 6: by Traveling Diva (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments OK, that is weird. I see 271 editions of Brave New World, 35 BNW revisited, and 21 editions of combination BNW / BNWR

These numbers may change slightly as I am doing some cleanup at the moment :-)

Lisa (anzlitlovers) | 90 comments Traveling Diva wrote: "OK, that is weird. I see 271 editions of Brave New World, 35 BNW revisited, and 21 editions of combination BNW / BNWR

These numbers may change slightly as I am doing some cleanup at the moment :-)"

Yes, that is weird. Because if I go to BNW and click on other editions I get 270, but if I go via Combine Editions, I get just the 2.

message 8: by Traveling Diva (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments Why don't you provde a link to the combine page?
I am taken here, and see everything
http://www.goodreads.com/book/combine...

Lisa (anzlitlovers) | 90 comments Traveling Diva wrote: "Why don't you provde a link to the combine page?
I am taken here, and see everything
http://www.goodreads.com/book/combine..."

Sure, here it is http://www.goodreads.com/book/combine..., same as yours. I can do a screen dump of what I see, but I don't know how to send it to you.
(And I must go to bed soon, it's nearly 1:00 AM here in Australia!)

message 10: by Traveling Diva (new)

Traveling Diva (travelingdiva) | 372 comments I don't think I can help you anyway, sounds like a technical problem! Goodnight :)