Moby Dick Discussion > Chapter 62: The Dart

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (Stewartry) Moby-Dick Big Read
Chapter 62: The Dart
Read by Richard Hawley
Artist: Matt Robertson
Blog: http://ahistoryofnewyork.com/2012/11/...

message 2: by Vikk (new)

Vikk Simmons (downthewriterspath) | 173 comments Mod
Tracey: Thank you for keeping up with the chapter threads while I was out of the mix. Came back from the silent retreat exhausted and then discovered a problem with my computer. That's fixed now. Guess I'll have the holiday to play catch up but I wanted to thank you and everyone for keeping things going.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (Stewartry) My pleasure! I didn't get us totally caught up, and I wish I'd had more time and brainpower to talk about the chapters. Welcome back - I hope the retreat was a good kind of exhausting and the computer problem wasn't an expensive one.

message 4: by Hayes (last edited Nov 22, 2012 11:13PM) (new)

Hayes (Hayes13) Welcome back, vikk. And happy late thanksgiving.

Let's not talk about expensive computer problems please! I will struggle along until after the new year, but it's going to be rough!

Interesting chapter. Melville something of a rabble rousing labor reformer, here. ;-D (or is it the next chapter?) The whaleboat organisation could be improved and the division of labor streamlined... But with the whale attacking the boat, and the possibilities of getting tangled in the line, or slicing a limb off with the harpoon, or even losing an eye (ever noticed how many sailors and/or pirates wear eye patches?) whaling is a pretty tough business.