Inspiration Room discussion

Help! > Stuck

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (last edited Feb 23, 2009 09:40PM) (new)

Paige Miller I have this story, Beautiful Illusion, about this girl named Gwen LeGrant (it's futuristic) who is supposed the most beautiful girl on Earth, and that's all that matters during her time. But I really don't know where to go from here. Could you guys read it and give me some help?

message 3: by del (new)

del (delaneyjoyce) Hm, looks like you've got some interesting options here:

For one thing, this girl doesn't behave like the most beautiful girl in the world. Look at her, shouting at her mother. She may be well-meaning, with a basically good heart, but her beauty is mostly exterior. Maybe she could get in a bad car accident with that beautiful car of hers, and have her beauty taken away (to say nothing of the looks of the car). Then she might realize that she is really not a beautiful person at all, that she never was. Insert subtle messages about inner beauty (or not so subtle, whichever you pick ;) ), etc. :P In the end, maybe she finds someone else who cares little about beauty, and they get married and pass down an appreciation of inner beauty to their own children. Happy ending! :D

Alternately, If you want it to be freaky, have her kill someone, so that the most beautiful girl in the world becomes a wanted murderer. That would put an interesting twist on things.

Very interesting story so far! :) Keep up the good work.

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Ohh, that first idea is great! I love it. I might do something like that. Thanks, Delaney! That was super helpful! THANK YOU!

message 5: by Faye (new)

Faye Maybe because she's so beautiful, everyone is intimidated by her and she has no true friends or suitors.

message 6: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Maybe

message 7: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Soemone could be prettier than her. Maybe one of her so-called 'friends' could become anorexic and/or bulimic. Like she's super pretty but overweight, then she starts losing tons of weight and becomes prettier than the main character.

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller That's interesting...

message 9: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) :D thank you.

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller :)

message 11: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) Or maybe she falls in love with a guy who's a 1 on the pretty scale.

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Oh, that's a cool idea... LOL *pictures Mrs. Legrant's horrified face*