Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Please help with adding ebooks

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm new to the author program and would like to upload 3 ebooks. However, GR won't let me upload a book without librarian status, which I can't get without rating a bunch of books. Can someone help me, please? Thank you!

message 2: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 871 comments Please see this thread. It should have all the information you need.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

❂ Jennifer wrote: "Please see this thread. It should have all the information you need."

Thank you, Jennifer, but the books are already listed in Goodreads. I would like to add the manuscripts for GR users to download and read for free.

message 4: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 871 comments Ahh.. I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about that area (uploading ebooks) to be able to help. From what I understood, once you were a GR author, you were able to upload ebook files without issue, so we're both a bit stumped. :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

That's okay - I just have to come up with the right verbiage to explain what I needed. ;) Do you know of anyone else we can reach out to?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hold the press...'sall good now. GR wouldn't let me upload an ebook when I go in to edit the book details, but I found where it will let me through a separate link off my author dashboard. Thank you!

message 7: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 871 comments Good to hear. :)