Jane Austen Book Club discussion

Do we need another book based on one of Jane Austen's books?

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kim (goodreadscomjenniferrkim) | 4 comments I've been working on and in the process of finalizing a modern day book based on Pride and Prejudice. I love Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice, but do we really need yet another book based on it?

Do you know of any good modern take on Pride and Prejudice besides Bridget Jone's Diary (didn't read it)?

message 2: by Noirfifre (new)

Noirfifre Right now I only remember one that I have read... First Impressions (Austen Series, #1) by Debra White Smithby Debra White Smith

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 3 comments I read and enjoyed confessions of a Jane Austen addict. I like the modern versions. There was also me and Mr.Darcy which was fun. There's only so many Austen novels and you can only read them so many times. These help squelch the Austen cravings :)

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (macronikki) | 1 comments I recommend reading 'The Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman' trilogy series by Pamela Aidan (An Assemble Such as This, Duty and Desire, and These Three Remain). It's a recounting of Pride and Prejudice from Darcy's point of view. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

First Impressions (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Debra White Smith (other topics)