Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
This topic is about Breaking Dawn
TV/Movies/Music > Breaking Dawn Part Two

Comments (showing 1-41 of 41) (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments So, who else watched it and what did you think?

I am still reeling from the twist that was just thrown in toward the end! Holy crap, that was just fantastically done and soooooooooo good, whew!

Tracey (Tralo29) I thought the twist was great it made the movie a bit of a surprise. most people have read the book so it was a fun addition. definatly an awesome movie...sad for the end, but so glad to have seen it. waiting now for dvd
i

Ladyamelia | 9 comments Breaking Dawn was my least favorite book of the series but I really enjoyed this movie - as for the twist at the end - I literally shouted out "are you kidding me?!?!"

Also, I loved what Bella "showed" Edward at the very end! That was beautiful. :-)

C.C. | 219 comments I'll watch it with my friends tomorrow. I hope the series would have an epic final installment. :D

Jennifer | 429 comments I was not expecting much from this (based in the book) but that twist! Omfg! The only thing I had a problem with was that there was not enough Charlie Swan for my liking. He is my favorite part because he is such a scene stealer!

Vanessa (AyeEstrella) | 41 comments I liked the last scene- summarizing all the all other movies based on the best scenes, that was clever as well as the amazing song they used.

I wished they showed at least once the thoughts that Bella's daughter showed others- at least at the battle scene.

More fighting would have been great. The twist was great though.

Sallie Griffin (salliebelle) | 62 comments I want to watch it so bad!

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 30 comments That twist was amazing! I sat there stunned when everything started playing out.

Valerie Zambito | 3 comments I am so glad that I didn't know about the twist beforehand, because it made it so much more intense to watch. My jaw was on the floor!

Felicia Tatum | 28 comments I'm going to watch it tomorrow and I am dying to know what this twist is! Don't tell me! I just can't wait :)

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Ianna wrote: "I loved the end, but its sad that it have ended.
I started crying in the cinema, and in the end i cryed so mutch that my friend also started crying hah XD
But i loved this ending.
I know that R..."

I totally agree with you! I got emotional toward the end as well and I liked the ending too!

I wish Renesmee had said more as well because I think it would have totally made her character more interesting than she was.

It is too bad it has to end, but at least we will have The Host next year, which I totally loved that book by the way!

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Tracey wrote: "I thought the twist was great it made the movie a bit of a surprise. most people have read the book so it was a fun addition. definatly an awesome movie...sad for the end, but so glad to have seen ..."

Yeah, the twist totally made the movie for me as well! I am sad for the end but will be looking for the DVD too.

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Ladyamelia wrote: "Breaking Dawn was my least favorite book of the series but I really enjoyed this movie - as for the twist at the end - I literally shouted out "are you kidding me?!?!"

Also, I loved what Bella "s..."

Me too, Ladyamelia! I totally lost it and said "Whoa, what the hell was that!" in the middle of theatre! So good! And I totally loved what Bella showed Edward too. It really did wrap up the series for me and saved the whole saga for me in the end!

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Jennifer wrote: "I was not expecting much from this (based in the book) but that twist! Omfg! The only thing I had a problem with was that there was not enough Charlie Swan for my liking. He is my favorite part bec..."

I agree Jennifer, I totally agree! What a twist, Whew! I like Charlie too and he really did not get enough face time for my liking either, but I did enjoy when Jacob showed him his wolf. Classic!

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Vanessa wrote: "I liked the last scene- summarizing all the all other movies based on the best scenes, that was clever as well as the amazing song they used.

I wished they showed at least once the thoughts that ..."

I liked that summary at the end as well and I wish we could have seen Renesmee's memories as well. I was kind of surprised they didn't show them which is why her character almost seemed to get lost in the shuffle although she was supposed to be the catalyst for this Volturi intervention.

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Sallie and Felicia-definitely see it! The last part of the movie totally saved the whole movie along with the series for me! I really enjoyed it more than I can say!

Jennifer | 429 comments Shannon wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "I was not expecting much from this (based in the book) but that twist! Omfg! The only thing I had a problem with was that there was not enough Charlie Swan for my liking. He is my ..."

When jake showed Charlie his wolf was hilarious!

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Jessica wrote: "That twist was amazing! I sat there stunned when everything started playing out."

Spoiler Alert - If you haven't watched the movie yet DO NOT READ THE NEXT PART OF THIS COMMENT!!!! n It will totally ruin the movie for you, in my opinion, but I just have to talk about it!

Me too, Jessica, me too! I just kept thinking, What is going on? How did Stephenie Meyers allow this director to change her ending and why are all my favorites getting annihilated! Oh, Seth really got to me. Man, I totally almost bawled my eyes out! Oh that broke my heart, but the twist of that whole scenario totally blew me away! Loved it!

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Valerie wrote: "I am so glad that I didn't know about the twist beforehand, because it made it so much more intense to watch. My jaw was on the floor!"

Valerie, I'm with you! I had know idea there was going to be a twist and I loved it when it just sort of crept up on me and left me emotional and freaking out! I'm sooo glad I wasn't the only one totally shocked by that and I'm equally glad you all responded because I was dying to discuss it, but none of my friends have seen it yet and I didn't want to spoil it for them!

You guys are great!

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (Jessybabe) | 30 comments Shannon wrote: "Jessica wrote: "That twist was amazing! I sat there stunned when everything started playing out."

Spoiler Alert - If you haven't watched the movie yet DO NOT READ THE NEXT PART OF THIS COMMENT!!!!..."

I freaken kept saying "No" the whole time because I could not believe that jasper and Carlisle died. My mind would not an could not believe it. I also said that if Edward died then I would walk out. Man they really tricked me, it was awesome.

Shannon (Savhage Temptrest) (SavhageTemptress) | 330 comments Jessica wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Jessica wrote: "That twist was amazing! I sat there stunned when everything started playing out."

Spoiler Alert - If you haven't watched the movie yet DO NOT READ THE NEXT PART OF ..."

Oh me too! When Carlisle died I sat there with my mouth open in total shock! And Jasper totally sent me into WTH mode. I agree, if Edward, or Jacob, for that matter had died, I would not be able to accept that and I would have left the movie too. What an awesome way to throw everyone off, totally had me going too!

Denice (dpc2964) I really liked the way they did the movie. If they had gone strictly by the book it would have been boring. It was good in the book, but not enough action for a movie. The twist made the movie.

message 23: by C.C. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.C. | 219 comments To be quite honest I was really glad (view spoiler)
Everything was much more exciting that way. I definitely fell for it. ;)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (VanesMate) At first I was going to leave when things took such a horrible turn! But in the end I loved it! I noticed that Stephanie Meyer produced this last one and I knew it wouldn't go way off course at the end!

I thought it was awesome even tough the Charlie scenes where non existent but something had to get cut I guess!

Shannon (Wckdktty) | 13 comments I finally saw it and loved it. I agree with most I fell for the twist and ended up loving the change. Cant wait to see it again.

message 26: by Kat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kat | 4 comments I thought it was absolutely great, definitely better then the first part which I was quite disappointed with.
I got so emotional with the twist, then the whole cinema was exclaiming when it wasn't real, definitely a clever thing to do though and made the film really enjoyable.
I absolutely adored the ending with the flashbacks and the bit where they showed little snippets from the books :D
Can't the DVD come out now?!?!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (VanesMate) Kat wrote: "I thought it was absolutely great, definitely better then the first part which I was quite disappointed with.
I got so emotional with the twist, then the whole cinema was exclaiming when it wasn't ..."

I know right!!!!!

message 28: by Erica (new) - rated it 1 star

Erica I hated this book, I'm team Jacob and the hole imprenting thing freaked me out. But the movie was great, they did a geat job explaining it w/o being too creepy. It was by far the best movie in the series!

Felicia Tatum | 28 comments Shannon wrote: "Sallie and Felicia-definitely see it! The last part of the movie totally saved the whole movie along with the series for me! I really enjoyed it more than I can say!"

Watched it Monday! Almost had a freakin heart attack lol

message 30: by Chelsay (new)

Chelsay (Rad_Candy) | 8 comments Me and my sister just went and saw this today - it was better than I expected (in the last movie I had to get a little tipsy to sit through it all), but still in my opinion totally rubbish! The only reason I went to see this movie is because I had a couple years ago read all of the books, and then of course each year when the movies came out I went and saw them, so I felt I needed to watch this movie just to get the series over and done with. I am so glad its done. Perhaps I would have liked it better if different actors were cast in the leading roles instead of what we have now, I dont mind Kristen (loved her in Snow White) but not one part of me finds Robert attractive so I find it hard to get involved in their head-over-heels romance.

message 31: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments Took myself today and sat by myself and loved it!

message 32: by Amra (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amra Alihodzic | 4 comments I saw it and loved it .... and I am going to see it again !!!
I can not argue with other tastes, but respect all of them.
FOREVER

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

saw it yesterday and I loved it. Loved how they handled the battle and the ending was just perfect - not too sentimental but a really good way to wrap it up. I didn't cry.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Sally wrote: "Took myself today and sat by myself and loved it!"

I went alone as well!

Shireen Nemnich (snemnich) | 19 comments I loved all the books and the movies. Three fave scenes in movie -
1. Charlie and Jacob -> "Uh Jacob put your shirt back on."
2. Bella hitting Jacob and Esme asks Edward to intervene... Edward is smiling, "She's doing fine."
3. Erol's creepy laugh . (My daughter leans over to me in theater and says, "Uhh pedophile"

Loved the movie!

Anika (teddybear1) | 318 comments S.J. wrote: "Sally wrote: "Took myself today and sat by myself and loved it!"

I went alone as well!"

I saw it the when it first came out alone then went with a friend two weeks later. Loved it. The twist was nice, yes I agreed I would have loved to see what Renesemee showed everyone when she communicated. They could have put a bit more details in the movie like the book I would have stayed to watch. Overall I'm sad too that it's ending especially since Erol did get what he wanted and looked like this battle was not over.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this movie. I cried like baby during the part when Bella shared her meomorises with Edward. It was so beautiful. I loved the song they picked for that moment. It was perfect.

The day we met
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I found a home for my
Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this
One step closer
For a thousand years
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
One step closer
For a thousand years
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years

Michelle (quill_n_ink) | 107 comments I saw BD2 the weekend it opened. I was late to jump on the Twilight craze. Took seeing the first movie to be hooked; the first three movies had come and gone from the theater out so I had to buy copies or catch them on TV. Then I read the entire series in a week. So yeah, guess I am hooked. A local theater had a marathon last year, the day of the BD1 premiere so I finally got to see them all on the big screen. Wow, that was a long day. They were doing another marathon this year but I decided 5 Twilight movies in a row was a bit much.

I really enjoyed BD2. Certainly there was no way to include everything but I thought they did a pretty good job. I would have liked more time with Charlie, too. Overall, a good ending to a good series. I'm glad I finally watched the movies and read the books.

***SPOILER ALERT: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!***
As for the twist, I had heard there was a twist but didn't have a clue about what it would be. My jaw hit the ground and I think my mouth was hanging open for the entire scene! I think that was happening all around me, too. Not Carlisle! Not Jasper! Good heavens I was about to come out of my seat! I was so relieved when the scene ended. I also liked the credits, including the cast from all previous movies in the series. I thought that was great.

message 39: by S.B. (new) - rated it 4 stars

S.B. Roozenboom | 27 comments OMG I LOVED IT!!! I came out of the movie theater with my mom and we were both crying. For all that I don't care for Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson, they sure made one heck of a movie!!

message 40: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Yeager | 13 comments (Spoiler)

I actually felt kind of betrayed when the fight at the end turned out to be nothing but an illusion. "Just a dream" always feels like a slap in the face, especially because the fight scene was so epic.

Vanessa Wester | 125 comments Loved this movie and blogged about it www.vanessawester.blogspot.com

I have ordered the movie... Arriving soon! Woo hoo...

I also have all the soundtracks now and got a classical collection from the Saga which is the die for...

My daughter is now brainwashed! She has now read the books more than I have... Lol!

Need another Saga to get my teeth into... But have to admit that I am into chick lit at the moment!

Missing the Twilight hype :(

Vanessa