Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > Just around the corner. What are you thankful for 2012?

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) I'm willing to bet LG is going to point me to another thread. I doubt this topic could have been missed every year.

Ah well. Tell me anyway. What are you most thankful for? Do you even celebrate Thanksgiving? If you're outside the states, do you have a similar national holiday? Go ahead and tell us what you're thankful for anyway. After all, if it's worth remembering on Thanksgiving, it's worth being thankful for all year long, right?

message 2: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 5923 comments Family, employment, and the size of my prostate.

message 3: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) The Dr. is in!

How're the wee'uns anyway? Any new antics?

(I refuse to comment on your prostate)

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Dr. Detroit wrote: "Family, employment, and the size of my prostate."

It's shrinking so less burden on your bad back?

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I am thankful for my dog Robby, my job(s), shebangs, my health, friends and family, boots, and hilarity.

message 6: by emm (new)

emm (goodreadscomemmjae) | 279 comments I am uber thankful for the wonderful time I had at the Mika concert in October at the Vic. I'm also thankful for discovering "French Women Don't Get Fat"...

message 7: by Chris (last edited Nov 20, 2012 09:27PM) (new)

Chris (bibliophile85) I'm thankful for quite a few things....

I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head and food in my cupboards.

I'm thankful to be surrounded by wonderful, kind and caring friends that are more like family to me than they ever could know.

I am thankful to be the recipient of my loving partner's affections and thank whatever cosmic forces brought us together every morning I wake up next to his smiling face and warm eyes.

I am thankful to have made new friends on Goodreads...one can never have too many friends :)

I am thankful most of all to be alive and capable of fulfilling whatever purpose I serve in this life. There have been many bad times in my life and many hardships where I wanted to give up....to just lay down and die...but something always compelled me to keep pushing forward and play through the pain....to see another sunrise, to know the joy of friendship, the ecstasy of love, to LIVE....and I am so very glad that I didn't give in to the darkness and depression and gloom. I am thankful to still be here and experience life, for better and for worse.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I am thankful that you are here, too.
I feel humbled.

::tackle hugs::

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris (bibliophile85) awww that's sweet of you to say :)

*huggles*

I'm glad to have met so many nice people here as well :)

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Me too. This is a nice place. It is like going home and finding a surprise party with all the people in the world that you were meant to meet, know and love.

message 11: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 5923 comments Amelia wrote: "The Dr. is in!

(I refuse to comment on your prostate)"

Nothing new or unusual to report. It's the calm before the storm. Shortly before their 12th birthday back in October, they officially turned from girls into women, if you get my meaning.

They still behave like jackals.

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Dr. Detroit wrote: "Nothing new or unusual to report. It's the calm before the storm. Shortly befo..."

Dawww... the Clark twins got their first periods! :)

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments Dr. Detroit wrote: "They still behave like jackals. "."

Watch out. This is the calm before the storm.

message 14: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4087 comments Dr. Detroit wrote: "Amelia wrote: "The Dr. is in!

(I refuse to comment on your prostate)"

Nothing new or unusual to report. It's the calm before the storm. Shortly befo..."

Buckle your seatbelt.

message 15: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Jackals. Heh. Does the Dr. know what it means for them to cycle (not on a bike)? Yeah...two for the price of one!!