NaNoWriMo 2012 discussion

NaNoWriMo 2012 > Half-way point update

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (Applesticker) So i'ts day fifteen here in Aus (and I'm sure it will be soon for everyone else) so I thought we should all check in with each others progress.

I'm only at 16,047 so I really need to get moving to finish, but I'm happy with my story so far. :)

How about everyone else?

P.S. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALREADY HALF WAY OVER!!!

message 2: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie I am a few hundred in front of you Hayley. Better get writing! 0_o

message 3: by Glenda (new)

Glenda Poulter | 4 comments I just crossed the 37K mark last night. My book is a bunch of disconnected scenes right now but I like my protagonist and I have no doubt I'll be able to put a viable book together during revision.

message 4: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (Carly1967) | 15 comments I am just over 32K and the world in my novel is coming together. Week two was a bit tramatic - I developed an inner ear infection that has my balance off and although I am supposed to stay off the computer I have gotten around that by covering most of the screen with a tea towel. Since I can not drive it has kept me at home to write. Except for one day when I got a virus on my computer and thought I lost half my word count - luckily my computer genius of a husband solved the problem and I have been writing and saving ever since. Thank goodness for week three. Good Luck. I better get writing.

message 5: by Jennivie (new)

Jennivie I am at 12k *sigh*

message 6: by Lissa (new)

Lissa Bryan (LissaBryan) | 2 comments I'm at about 24K. I didn't get much done last night. Got off on a researching tangent and never returned.

To my fellow writers, I urge you not to obsess about your word count. Even if you only wrote 100 words, it's 100 more words than you had before. Be proud of that accomplishment, instead of feeling like you've failed to reach an arbitrary goal. The point of NaNoWriMo is ENCOURAGEMENT, not discouragement.

message 7: by Lissibith (new)

Lissibith | 2 comments Just pushed through 30k tonight. Am well ahead, but I fear what this means for my productivity on the holiday

message 8: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (Carly1967) | 15 comments I am amazed that I have accomplished so much. Lissa is right. every amount counts in the way that you are actually writing a novel. We have all contributed to our novels and that in itself is fabulous!

message 9: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani (TiffaniPassportBooks) I made it to the half-way point! My story is a mess I know, lots of editing will be needed but I'm super excited to have gotten this far and to know that I will have something to edit in December. Getting this far is an accomplishments. Congratulations to everyone for sticking with it.

message 10: by Richard (new)

Richard Magahiz (milkfish) | 2 comments I'm glad to be done with week two. I've got 34714 words and it's just about the halfway point in the story too.

message 11: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (EJSchoenborn) | 60 comments I'm still at 3000. ._.*
(failure) :P

message 12: by Carolyn (last edited Nov 16, 2012 06:54AM) (new)

Carolyn (Carly1967) | 15 comments That is not failure, babe! You are still at it. Keep going. It will fly soon and you will not be able to keep up to it!!

message 13: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (Applesticker) I just hit the 25K mark - half way there!! Have had a steller past few days, hoping I can have another one tomorrow and be caught up by Sunday (30,000)! :)

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 7 comments I'm hoping to get to 40k tonight. I will finish, despite a few wobbles on my plot, but I'm not sure it flows all that well as yet. Just pleased to be getting the words down.

message 15: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (blackrose388) EJ, Zombie, Ugly wrote: "I'm still at 3000. ._.*
(failure) :P"

You are not the only one...

message 16: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (ClaireVioletThorpe) | 30 comments I'm almost at the 30k mark

message 17: by Jennivie (new)

Jennivie 15k.... sooo not good even though I did good today to get that far. Hoping for better days ahead.

message 18: by Doc (new)

Doc (doc_coleman) | 12 comments Did 3000 words last night to get me up to 26k. I need more days like yesterday to help me catchup.

Doc

ReadingToTheStarsAndBack | 6 comments Saturday was a good day for me. Got 4k in...but Sunday was a distaster! Got 500 words in, and got a computer virus! But i'm a genius and solved it! (I'm not really a genius. I prayed for most of the day!) Today so far had been uninspiring, but i hope to get more done tonight when i can crack open a can of Pepsi and munch on chocolate!
Current wordcount: 36,750

To everyone who is behind...Keep Writing! When you have a brilliant idea, don't waste time! Write it down! Even if it's in the middle of the night and you really want to read that book or watch that episode of Misfits...(like i do) just WRITE! I know you've been hearing this all month but seriously. Write. Now.

Star :P

message 20: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (ClaireVioletThorpe) | 30 comments Passed the 30k mark and trying to make 31k tonight.